Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: can someone give me a description of SF options?

can someone give me a description of SF options? 3 months 1 week ago #84210

• sauron_33
Hello everyone,

First time here, and I'm considering purchasing a Saber Forge saber (specifically looking at the Vanquish).

I currently have a couple sabers that I purchased from Ultrasabers, and one Darth Sidious that I had custom built.

My questions about the Saber Forge Sabers are in some of their options, as I find some of the descriptions vague.

1) What is "Energy Vibration"?
2) Can someone give examples of what some of the different finishes are? Specifically, since the picture shown for the Vanquish is mostly a black hilt, is that "standard" and if so what would "black" be? What is the difference between weathered, acid, and acid weathered?
3) What are the difference in the fonts between the Veteran tiers and the Champion tier, and what is the difference between the Sabercore and Premium Sound? Does anyone have a recommendation?
4) For blade color, is the LED colored with a clear blade, or is it a clear LED with a colored blade? If it is the latter, is the only way to have a variable colored saber to order the Hero tier with the RGBA color change?

Finally are there any other recommendations or questions that I should be asking concerning these sabers?

Thank you very much!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

can someone give me a description of SF options? 3 months 1 week ago #84228

• iMoose
  • Thank you received: 8
A lot of your questions can be answered on the site here.
My first saber is in the process of being made as we speak, so I am also new here,
I found this helpful.
http://saberforgeforum.com/forum/welcome/11397-comprehensive-faq-please-read-first

1 - answer posted in link above
2 - also see link above. There is a photo of vanquished with standard, weathered and all black under that hilts section. You can see all three for comparison. You’ll notice that the main photo has some silver colour to it, so it’s not the all black version.
As for weathered, you can see examples on most sabers. Acid weathered and shattered weathered can be found under custom finishes. https://saberforge.com/products/custom-finishes
3 - I’m not sure, someone else might know.
4 - the LED is coloured, the blade is clear.
For any and all questions, start at that link, as it answered many of my questions, and the rest, can mostly be found by playing around on the site.

Hope that helps,
May the force be with you
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by iMoose. Reason: Missing info

can someone give me a description of SF options? 3 months 1 week ago #84235

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 538
3. This info is all in the FAQ as well, but here's some additional links:

Veteran Tier info:
Veteran Tier Intro Video
Veteran Tier Intro Thread

Champion Tier info:
Official Intro Video
Quick Reference Guide

I assume by "Premium" you mean the Hero tier?
The Hero tier sabers use a 3rd party soundboard: The Spark Color 2 by Naigon's Electronic Creations.

You can find various manuals and downloads on this section of his website. I believe SF is still using the Revision 2 (SC2-R2) of the board, so you may need to go there for those files as the main SC2 page is now updated for the Revision 3 (SC2-R3) info and files.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhyno

can someone give me a description of SF options? 3 months 1 week ago #84247

• sauron_33
Thank you both very much.

I guess the only thing I still want to clarify is that the only way to get RGBA adjustments and flash on clash is with the Hero tier?

can someone give me a description of SF options? 3 months 1 week ago #84265

• iMoose
  • Thank you received: 8
Yes.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5816
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2