Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Epoch no longer available in Black?

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 5 days ago #84267

• iMoose
I was just on the site looking at the Epoch and I noticed it's no longer available in black. Any idea why that is?
I ordered it in black about a month ago, and my order shows as unfulfilled. I'm assuming that my order would not be affected, since I haven't been contacted yet, but I could be wrong.
Thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 4 days ago #84284

• jeditobiah
  • Thank you received: 2
That's strange, I would like to think they would honor your order for a all black Epoch.A worst case situation would be that you built the ASP version of the Epoch. All the parts can be purchased in black.Hoped I helped. Not sure why they would stop offering it in black other than the demand was low for it. Maybe Brax can answer the question. Im new here also. :lol:
Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by jeditobiah. Reason: misspelled word
The following user(s) said Thank You: iMoose

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 4 days ago #84290

• iMoose
I have no reason to be worried yet, I assume if it were going to be a problem, I’d be notified.
SF seems like they’re good about stuff like this. And I did notice that the parts were available in ASP still, so that’s probably a good thing.
Thanks for the reply. Curious more than anything, and equally curious to see how it all works out.

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 4 days ago #84293

• Snajeelay
  • Embrace the shadows...
  • Thank you received: 10
Epoch has a great emitter. ;)

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 4 days ago #84305

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 228
Most likely, they ran out of black but have other colors in stock, you may have even ordered the last one. They may not get a lot of orders for the black and decided to no longer carry that hilt in that color. There are other hilts in the store that don't have an all black option, maybe the Epoch is joining them.

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 3 days ago #84358

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 553
If they don't contact you maybe inquire as to the hold up specifically to your order. Are you willing to have them build you a black version in ASP? If so would the price reflex the out of stock Elite version or an ASP assembled version? Good luck and hope you get answers.

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 3 days ago #84364

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I thought all the parts were anodized black when received and then we're turned into dual tone or weathered after they were ordered. I remember reading that somewhere on the site.
No matter where you go, there you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 3 days ago #84378

• iMoose
I assumed it was due to low demand. They don’t have any pics of a black epoch on the site, so I’m curious to see how it looks when I get it. I went based off the ASP section.
Post pics when it arrives.

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 3 days ago #84380

• iMoose
Interesting that the parts would arrive in black. I don’t know much about the process, but I assumed it to be the other way around. I figured the all silver was likely the default. Now I’m curious.
I’d love to see a video of the process. How it’s made/assembled.
Don’t even know how much happens with SF And what happens with their distributors.

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 3 days ago #84382

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 447
wamphyri13 wrote:
I thought all the parts were anodized black when received and then we're turned into dual tone or weathered after they were ordered. I remember reading that somewhere on the site.
iMoose wrote:
Interesting that the parts would arrive in black. I don’t know much about the process, but I assumed it to be the other way around. I figured the all silver was likely the default. Now I’m curious.
I’d love to see a video of the process. How it’s made/assembled.
Don’t even know how much happens with SF And what happens with their distributors.

Here's the process:
  1. Hilt is raw milled
  2. Hilt gets media blasted to remove tooling marks
  3. Hilt gets black anodized to cover the media blasting
  4. Hilt gets turned on a lathe to then strip the anodizing and media blast for either Standard, Dual Tone, or Weathered Finish which gives the final piece a satin/brushed finish on the exposed parts and a textured finish on the black parts

The old "Silver" ASP parts were simply clear anodized over the media blasting and then left alone. There's several parts that are still done like this on Standard finishes, namely ones that can't be turned on a lathe like the bunny ears on the Prodigy, control boxes on various hilts (Archon, Reliant, Princess, etc), and the emitter/pommel shrouds on the Bane.

There's actually a few hilts that no longer show Black as a finish option. Just like with the Silver finish, it's likely that it just wasn't popular. In this particular case, I have NEVER seen a Black version of the new Epoch in the wild (there is one Gen 1 on the forums).
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, iMoose, Rhyno

Epoch no longer available in Black? 1 week 2 days ago #84449

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1808
KelbornX wrote:
(there is one Gen 1 on the forums).
:lol: B) :whistle:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (46 Posts)
    • Wow, I might actually go for an ASP now, this new wave 2 looks great!
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (915 Posts)
    • I have ordered my parts for mauler at 8 of november+( and still no shipping and no updates+((
    • 300$ mystery box (20 Posts)
    • So... Status update. I ordered mine Dec 18 and I ran out of patience for waiting, and radio silence,...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (46 Posts)
    • Quote: I knew it was one of those two, but I didn't look it up to confirm which one before I saved the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6472
  • Latest Member: Darth Krakus
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5449
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 67