Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bane preordered but available on Etsy

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 4 days ago #84344

• Cmadd13
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone! So I preordered a bane a couple days ago but saw today on the Etsy page that the exact saber I ordered are available on there. I’m past the 24 hour window to cancel my original order. I have emailed them to see so I’ll hear back in a few days But I was just curious if I still have to wait the 6+ week wait time or the 1-2 week like on the Etsy store. Any input helps thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84349

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 228
I'll tell you what I was told when I inquired about my Prodigy, which was also on preorder at that time but they had stock on Etsy: The Etsy stock is separate from the main store stock.

So, anything being in stock on Etsy has no affect on the main store. In fact, you may as well view that as a totally separate store, because it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cmadd13

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84352

• Cmadd13
Yeah that’s what I was worried about. Thanks for the response!

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84355

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 553
Maybe someone who has ordered from Etsy could chime in and tell us where on the shipping label the package originated from. I work for an internet retailer and orders from our webpage, eBay and 2 other sources all ship from our warehouse. So does Saberforge actually ship goods to etsy or have they just committed in house stock solely for that vendor?

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84356

• Cmadd13
I’ve ordered through Etsy before and according to the tracking info it came right from them.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84359

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
I've ordered from both stores and they do indeed ship from the same place. However, customer service still told me that it's a separate stock that's set aside for Etsy orders. So, same place, different divisions.

The Etsy store is designed to be a "quick ship" option, the main store isn't. That's why the Etsy store has its own stock. Those hilts are probably assembled to the point where someone literally just has to pull them off the shelf, install electronics, send them to quality control, then they're sent out. For empties, they probably already have them bubble wrapped and just have to put them in the box, because they ship extremely fast. My Acolyte shipped in a matter of hours after ordering on the Etsy store. If they took a hilt from that stock to fill a main site order, it could mess up that process and the timing.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by scifidude79.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84361

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
Thx scifidude. I've always been curious about this. What doesn't make sense to me is that ordering from etsy can virtually eliminate the wait from the main website que. Example customer A buys from saberforge site and customer B orders from etsy exactly the same saber on the same day. Why does the Etsy order get expedited first :dry: :blink: :unsure:
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by =Ottomatix=.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84363

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
It is frustrating, I'd love an empty Heretic, but I wouldn't want to wait weeks simply because I ordered from the main site. I'm not saying that's guaranteed but it does seem likely. Seems it would make sense to stock both empties and electronic filled in the Etsy store.

I'm hoping that once I move to the area I'll simply be able to walk in the store and get one right away. Good news is I don't want anything special done with it.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84367

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Cmadd13 wrote:
I’ve ordered through Etsy before and according to the tracking info it came right from them.
Right from them meaning Etsy or Saberforge?

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84369

• Cmadd13
Oh sorry, right from Saber Forge

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84381

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 447
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Thx scifidude. I've always been curious about this. What doesn't make sense to me is that ordering from etsy can virtually eliminate the wait from the main website que. Example customer A buys from saberforge site and customer B orders from etsy exactly the same saber on the same day. Why does the Etsy order get expedited first :dry: :blink: :unsure:

Because Etsy penalizes vendors if they don't ship products within a certain timeframe.

This is why virtually every other saber vendor on Etsy is also doing "quick ship" ready-made sabers while their main site (if they have one) handles the bespoke orders.

Etsy also only gives two drop-down menus on items, so it's also much more limited in customization compared to a main site order.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84392

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
On SaberForge's Etsy store, you can literally only pick your blade color and electronics package. That's it. Unless you order an empty hilt or some accessories, then there are no options, just add to cart. It's not a bad way to order if you're not into picking everything yourself, but it's not that complete customization experience you get on the main site either.

The wait on the main site is what it is. Yes, it can be frustrating, especially when you order something on preorder. However, you will always get your order, it may just take a while.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84399

• Cmadd13
scifidude79 wrote:
On SaberForge's Etsy store, you can literally only pick your blade color and electronics package. That's it. Unless you order an empty hilt or some accessories, then there are no options, just add to cart. It's not a bad way to order if you're not into picking everything yourself, but it's not that complete customization experience you get on the main site either.

The wait on the main site is what it is. Yes, it can be frustrating, especially when you order something on preorder. However, you will always get your order, it may just take a while.
Oh yeah that I fully understand but that’s the thing, what I’m getting from SaberForges website would be exactly the same as what I could just order on the Etsy page. I don’t really care about waiting but not if I don’t have to.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84412

• Cmadd13
Interesting. Originally when I saw the Bane on Etsy it was the Black/Chrome finish which is what I preordered. I had it in my card but Now the item has been changed to the regular weathered version. So maybe it’ll work out in the end.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84419

• keremcan
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Cmadd13 wrote:
Interesting. Originally when I saw the Bane on Etsy it was the Black/Chrome finish which is what I preordered. I had it in my card but Now the item has been changed to the regular weathered version. So maybe it’ll work out in the end.

Same issue for me. I ordered when it was black/chrome, then several hours later it changed into weathered version. When i check my Etsy order receipt, it is there - black/chrome; and it is scheduled to ship by tomorrow. I mailed the shop via Etsy about the situation and asked them about which version is correct.

Personally both versions is OK for me. Just curious about which one will i get.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 3 days ago #84421

• Cmadd13
keremcan wrote:
Cmadd13 wrote:

Same issue for me. I ordered when it was black/chrome, then several hours later it changed into weathered version. When i check my Etsy order receipt, it is there - black/chrome; and it is scheduled to ship by tomorrow. I mailed the shop via Etsy about the situation and asked them about which version is correct.

Oh yeah both versions are awesome. The black and chrome was too awesome to pass up for me.

Bane preordered but available on Etsy 1 week 5 hours ago #84547

• keremcan
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Cmadd13 wrote:
keremcan wrote:
Cmadd13 wrote:

Oh yeah both versions are awesome. The black and chrome was too awesome to pass up for me.

They replied. It seems they placed the wrong image for v2. It should be weathered not chrome/black.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP Wave 2 Renders (46 Posts)
    • Wow, I might actually go for an ASP now, this new wave 2 looks great!
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (915 Posts)
    • I have ordered my parts for mauler at 8 of november+( and still no shipping and no updates+((
    • 300$ mystery box (20 Posts)
    • So... Status update. I ordered mine Dec 18 and I ran out of patience for waiting, and radio silence,...
    • ASP Wave 2 Renders (46 Posts)
    • Quote: I knew it was one of those two, but I didn't look it up to confirm which one before I saved the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6472
  • Latest Member: Darth Krakus
  • Total Posts: 64.4k
  • Total Topics: 5449
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 67