Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 1 day ago #84786

  • ShrikeArghast
  • ShrikeArghast's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 1
Okay, so I realized after a moment that I actually had three :P.

1) Is the "standard" finish for the Emerald Knight the typical aluminum/black combo featured on the other Saberforge hilts? I only ask because the stock shots feature so many pics of the all-black, and I want to make sure that's not considered standard here.

2) I'm colorblind, which affects my perception of saber blades in videos a great deal. If I wanted a 'true yellow' similar to what Bastila Shan wielded back in old Kotor, would Yellow be closer to the mark, or Amber?

3) What is the (ballpark) average delivery time for a saber from order date to it arriving at my door? I ask not out of desperation, but rather because I am applying to jobs and hope to move cross country in the near future, so my mailing address is a little up in the air.



Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 1 day ago #84788

  • wamphyri13
  • wamphyri13's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 94
Yellow isn't very bright compared to the other colors. Look into getting a yellow day blade and a white LED. As far as wait time plan on a minimum of 2 months. My last 2 saber orders have taken 8-9 weeks.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 1 day ago #84789

  • OvrcAHst
  • OvrcAHst's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2964
  • Thank you received: 1838
ShrikeArghast wrote:
1) Is the "standard" finish for the Emerald Knight the typical aluminum/black combo featured on the other Saberforge hilts?
Yes. The all-black finish was it's default finish when it was first released to best represent its influenced-after saber of Corran Horn.

Later, when it became part of the regular lineup, the other primary finishes became available (in addition to the Custom ones). The Black reference just stayed.

In the following order shown, finishes = Standard, Weathered, Black.
2) I'm colorblind, which affects my perception of saber blades in videos a great deal. If I wanted a 'true yellow' similar to what Bastila Shan wielded back in old Kotor, would Yellow be closer to the mark, or Amber?
As wamphyri13 writes above. Yellow (through an infinity v4) is a little weaker compared to your reference pic by itself. For the required boost, the suggestion to shine it through a Yellow Dayblade is a good one (not necessarily using a white LED). You could also choose the Amber Dayblade.
3) What is the (ballpark) average delivery time for a saber from order date to it arriving at my door? I ask not out of desperation, but rather because I am applying to jobs and hope to move cross country in the near future, so my mailing address is a little up in the air.
Greatly depends on the content of your Order and the Dropbox selections chosen. Again, as wamphyri13 writes, 2Months would be a fair guesstimate. Specific to your relocation circumstances though, I'd allow anywhere up to 3Months. Not necessarily because it will take that long, more just to have some buffer.

If your Saber and its selections are quite simple, it may be worthwhile to check the available Listings via Saberforge Etsy that will return a quicker Shipping time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ShrikeArghast

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 1 day ago #84790

  • ShrikeArghast
  • ShrikeArghast's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 1
OvrcAHst wrote:
ShrikeArghast wrote:
1) Is the "standard" finish for the Emerald Knight the typical aluminum/black combo featured on the other Saberforge hilts?
Yes. The all-black finish was it's default finish when it was first released to best represent its influenced-after saber of Corran Horn.

Later, when it became part of the regular lineup, the other primary finishes became available (in addition to the Custom ones). The Black reference just stayed.

In the following order shown, finishes = Standard, Weathered, Black.
2) I'm colorblind, which affects my perception of saber blades in videos a great deal. If I wanted a 'true yellow' similar to what Bastila Shan wielded back in old Kotor, would Yellow be closer to the mark, or Amber?
As wamphyri13 writes above. Yellow (through an infinity v4) is a little weaker compared to your reference pic by itself. For the required boost, the suggestion to shine it through a Yellow Dayblade is a good one (not necessarily using a white LED). You could also choose the Amber Dayblade.
3) What is the (ballpark) average delivery time for a saber from order date to it arriving at my door? I ask not out of desperation, but rather because I am applying to jobs and hope to move cross country in the near future, so my mailing address is a little up in the air.
Greatly depends on the content of your Order and the Dropbox selections chosen. Again, as wamphyri13 writes, 2Months would be a fair guesstimate. Specific to your relocation circumstances though, I'd allow anywhere up to 3Months. Not necessarily because it will take that long, more just to have some buffer.

If your Saber and its selections are quite simple, it may be worthwhile to check the available Listings via Saberforge Etsy that will return a quicker Shipping time.

Thanks, all of that is quite useful! One other question comes to mind after hearing how dim yellow is - how does the pink saber color compare in terms of overall vibrancy?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 1 day ago #84794

  • KelbornX
  • KelbornX's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Posts: 936
  • Thank you received: 482
I would say that Amber is closer to that color than Yellow would be. The SF Yellow is a much lighter shade than that. My first SF saber was an Amber Consular... and I love that color.

To possibly put it into perspective for you:

Amber = school bus or traffic light
Yellow = banana or lemon
Last Edit: 1 month 1 day ago by KelbornX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 1 day ago #84799

  • OvrcAHst
  • OvrcAHst's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2964
  • Thank you received: 1838
ShrikeArghast wrote:
One other question comes to mind after hearing how dim yellow is
It's a dimmer colour output yes but primarily only when compared to the primary colours of Royal Blue, Green and Red. Have had a quad Cree Yellow and there wasn't disappointment.
- how does the pink saber color compare in terms of overall vibrancy?
Pink is also a great colour, bright and rich in vibrancy too. Ordinarily I'd post pictures to illustrate it but given your mention to colour perception with pictures and video, the intended effect may not be achieved.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 20 hours ago #84814

  • ShrikeArghast
  • ShrikeArghast's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 1
KelbornX wrote:
I would say that Amber is closer to that color than Yellow would be. The SF Yellow is a much lighter shade than that. My first SF saber was an Amber Consular... and I love that color.

To possibly put it into perspective for you:

Amber = school bus or traffic light
Yellow = banana or lemon

The problem is, of course, that I likely see traffic lights and school buses differently than you do XD. I guess the question is: are other people going to look at an amber lightsaber and say "oh, that's yellow," or are they going to say "oh, that's orange"...?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 20 hours ago #84815

  • ShrikeArghast
  • ShrikeArghast's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 1
OvrcAHst wrote:
. Have had a quad Cree Yellow and there wasn't disappointment.

But that's not how Saberforge achieves their yellow, right? They use 2 greens and 2 ambers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 17 hours ago #84827

  • KelbornX
  • KelbornX's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Posts: 936
  • Thank you received: 482
ShrikeArghast wrote:
KelbornX wrote:
I would say that Amber is closer to that color than Yellow would be. The SF Yellow is a much lighter shade than that. My first SF saber was an Amber Consular... and I love that color.

To possibly put it into perspective for you:

Amber = school bus or traffic light
Yellow = banana or lemon

The problem is, of course, that I likely see traffic lights and school buses differently than you do XD. I guess the question is: are other people going to look at an amber lightsaber and say "oh, that's yellow," or are they going to say "oh, that's orange"...?

Amber is more like "gold". Definitely looks yellow and not orange.

Where I was going with the example is that the color of Bastila's saber looks more like "traffic light yellow" than "lemon yellow". So Amber is my vote.

ShrikeArghast wrote:
OvrcAHst wrote:
. Have had a quad Cree Yellow and there wasn't disappointment.

But that's not how Saberforge achieves their yellow, right? They use 2 greens and 2 ambers.

SF uses Cree LEDs. It's actually 3 Amber and 1 Green. The 2 and 2 is Lime Green. I've never seen SF Yellow in-person, but I've seen it said that it has a somewhat green tinge to it. With knowing how Red/Green mix for Yellow on RGB... I have no reason to doubt that assessment. Yellow is a very difficult color to mix.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 15 hours ago #84844

  • ShrikeArghast
  • ShrikeArghast's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 1
KelbornX wrote:
ShrikeArghast wrote:
KelbornX wrote:
I would say that Amber is closer to that color than Yellow would be. The SF Yellow is a much lighter shade than that. My first SF saber was an Amber Consular... and I love that color.

To possibly put it into perspective for you:

Amber = school bus or traffic light
Yellow = banana or lemon

The problem is, of course, that I likely see traffic lights and school buses differently than you do XD. I guess the question is: are other people going to look at an amber lightsaber and say "oh, that's yellow," or are they going to say "oh, that's orange"...?

Amber is more like "gold". Definitely looks yellow and not orange.

Where I was going with the example is that the color of Bastila's saber looks more like "traffic light yellow" than "lemon yellow". So Amber is my vote.

ShrikeArghast wrote:
OvrcAHst wrote:
. Have had a quad Cree Yellow and there wasn't disappointment.

But that's not how Saberforge achieves their yellow, right? They use 2 greens and 2 ambers.

SF uses Cree LEDs. It's actually 3 Amber and 1 Green. The 2 and 2 is Lime Green. I've never seen SF Yellow in-person, but I've seen it said that it has a somewhat green tinge to it. With knowing how Red/Green mix for Yellow on RGB... I have no reason to doubt that assessment. Yellow is a very difficult color to mix.

Hmm, this gives me a lot to consider. Thank you, though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 14 hours ago #84845

  • wamphyri13
  • wamphyri13's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 296
  • Thank you received: 94
I had a yellow LED once. The color was good, but not very bright. I had SF swap it to Amber and it's a deeper color with more light output. To those that can see all colors, neither one looks orange and when seeing the yellow and amber side by side, you can easily tell which is which. My first saber was blood orange and is easily distinguishable from both amber and red. If you don't want to spend the extra on a day blade, go amber. It should satisfy your color and brightness needs.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 9 hours ago #84852

  • ShrikeArghast
  • ShrikeArghast's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 10
  • Thank you received: 1
Something else came to mind: do we get to choose the color of the activation switch? I have seen in several youtube videos that they light up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 9 hours ago #84854

  • KelbornX
  • KelbornX's Avatar
  • Online
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Posts: 936
  • Thank you received: 482
ShrikeArghast wrote:
Something else came to mind: do we get to choose the color of the activation switch? I have seen in several youtube videos that they light up.

By default it will match the hilt and blade colors as best as possible, and the illuminated section will be a ring. So a Standard or Dual Tone saber with a Blue blade will get a blue lit silver switch and a Weathered or Black saber with a Red blade with will get a red lit black switch.

You can, however, request a specific switch type in your order notes.

Possible switch types are:
  • Black or silver body
  • Ring or segmented illumination section
  • Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Amber, White illuminated

You should also be able to request a plain un-lit black or silver switch if you'd prefer.
Last Edit: 1 month 9 hours ago by KelbornX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Quick question(s) about the Emerald Knight 1 month 9 hours ago #84855

  • OvrcAHst
  • OvrcAHst's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 2964
  • Thank you received: 1838
KelbornX answered some of your previous queries so *insert echo here* :P

ShrikeArghast wrote:
do we get to choose the color of the activation switch?
When your Order is placed, if no instruction is stated otherwise, the activation switches colour will be closest* matched to your selected blade (main LED) colour. *ie. Deep Red, Medium Red, Standard Red will be matched with a Red lit ring.
Am a bit fuzzy on the available colours for the lit switch but should include:
Red, Blue (Royal/Deep), Green, White, Purple, Amber.

EDIT: :lol: what KelbornX wrote above.
Last Edit: 1 month 9 hours ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

  • Total Users: 6607
  • Latest Member: Waronpglard
  • Total Posts: 65.9k
  • Total Topics: 5577
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 29
  • Yesterday Answer: 60