Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Extra cost on "comments" for orders?

Extra cost on "comments" for orders? 2 weeks 3 days ago #85598

• Sharangir
  • Thank you received: 7
I saw that someone got their Monarch with a brass covertech wheel.

Now, I started to wonder, how the "comments" section actually works on the order site.

Could I, supposing I was to order an Unleashed, ask for a brass covertech wheel and brass greeblies (blade and crystal retention screws, if I'm not mistaken) instead of the standard ones?

And, if that's possible, would they charge extra? How much? (the brass covertech costs 4$ separately, the greeblies are nowhere to be found)

If that doesn't work, what's the comment section for, then?
"Please, don't include the invoice, in case my wife opens the mail the day it arrives.." :silly:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Extra cost on "comments" for orders? 2 weeks 3 days ago #85602

• wamphyri13
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 94
Some of their parts that come in multiple finishes, (your example of the covertech wheel) can be requested in exchange for others of the same price. Don't want a black wheel on your saber? Request silver or brass at no extra charge. Want a segmented switch on your champion build instead of the full circle? Request it in the comments section. You can request a different color of switch as well. Red bladed saber comes with a red switch, but you can ask for a green switch instead. You can also request the switch be black or silver as well. It's also there to list your free items when they have a sale that includes free items. I've also used it to request adjustments to the finish of parts I've ordered. For example, I've bought 2 near matching sabers to be made into a staff. Both have a Resilient Emitter. The standard finish is mostly black with the fin edges, top face, and ringed base sanded down to silver. I requested the ringed base be left black. How? The comments section.
To my knowledge, they don't sell greeblies or have anything brass outside of the wheel and blade plugs. You can request a brass wheel, then get your own 8-32 brass lamp parts and replace the screws and/or greeblies like I and many others have done.
Hope that was helpful.
"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon make us women and men." - John Mellencamp
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharangir, Saatchi

Extra cost on "comments" for orders? 2 weeks 3 days ago #85606

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 227
I use that comment box for just what Wamphyri stated, Ask for the switch finish & ring color, now the color of the usb plate and now the SC3.0 fonts if I order a champion, and of course the cover tech color..I also try and beg for certain style of blade plug(but only get what I get usually lol) also if I'm self installing I ask for the saber not be glued together either, and bag the greebles(doesn't always work).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharangir, Saatchi

Extra cost on "comments" for orders? 2 weeks 2 days ago #85634

• Saatchi
  • Thank you received: 2
Very informative thread. Thank you to all who have posted, as I've had similar concerns regarding the comments box.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6602
  • Latest Member: Daunded
  • Total Posts: 65.8k
  • Total Topics: 5572
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4