Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Apprentice Saber hilt AND electronics durability

Apprentice Saber hilt AND electronics durability 1 week 3 days ago #85971

• Electricnick260
I'm buying a lightsaber from Saberforge soon, and I know it's going to be an apprentice model, haven't decided which yet. I'm just wondering, how durable are the hilts AND the electronics, will I be able to do things like throw my lightsaber against the ground or even just casually drop it without worrying about damaging anything?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Apprentice Saber hilt AND electronics durability 1 week 3 days ago #85978

• Major_Tom
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Well they are aluminum hilts. They can take a beating but impacts on concrete or asphalt will leave dings, dents, and scratches in the metal and finish. I've never heard of anyone breaking electronics though
The Force flows through us all, in all of its peace and passion
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by Major_Tom.

Apprentice Saber hilt AND electronics durability 1 week 3 days ago #85982

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 256
The Apprentice hilts are very durable, especially the non thin necks. They're machined from a solid blank of 6160 aluminum and the blades are made from polycarbonate, so it's all pretty tough. As Major_Tom said, you will get some scratches and dings. However, they're rated to take heavy dueling and SaberForge offers a lifetime warranty on their aluminum hilts, covering normal use. (no hitting it with a hammer or hacking it with a saw, etc.) You can break one if you try hard enough, but it won't be covered by the warranty, but most drops and throws should be fine.

Major_Tom wrote:
I've never heard of anyone breaking electronics though

I have. It's usually things like frayed wires and popped solder joins. The electronics packages are pretty robust, and SaberForge wraps their battery/board combos in their sound installs in heat shrink for protection. Still, repeated abuse can cause issues. You can also risk breaking your switch if you throw it too hard and it lands wrong.
Last Edit: 1 week 3 days ago by scifidude79.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Electricnick260

Apprentice Saber hilt AND electronics durability 1 week 3 days ago #85983

• Electricnick260
I asked the question because my brother and I roleplay a lot for videos we record and send to friends, and often times we throw our lightsabers a good ten to fifteen feet away from us, should the saber be able to withstand that or should we just avoid it when we get our new sabers? We duel usually on sidewalk but throw the sabers into dirt (not mud, just dirt, we don't duel in mud, don't want to damage internal electronics.)

Apprentice Saber hilt AND electronics durability 1 week 1 day ago #86047

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 344
The Apprentice line of hilts are my favorites of the SF lines. They are great for dueling.

That said, I would not thrown them into the dirt or mud. They aren't meant for that. You could possibly damage the internals and at the very least mess up the hilt itself pretty bad.

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6602
  • Latest Member: Daunded
  • Total Posts: 65.8k
  • Total Topics: 5572
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4