Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber?

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 4 days ago #86712

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 543
Eddlyss64 wrote:

EDIT AND TL;DR, would the color combo I want be more akin to AAALG when configuring a Saberforge Quad Cree?

SF Yellow is AAAG, at least according to this post.

Lime Green diodes are only available from Luxeon; SF uses Cree XQ-E diodes.

Major_Tom wrote:

Thanks for the examples! how true would you say the colors in your photo are to life? Also, which color is which lol.

Fairly accurate. Amber on the left, Yellow on the right.

Major_Tom wrote:
Also, do you know which white you are using in the tri-cree? I see that white XP-E2s come in 3000k (warm), 4000k (neutral), and 5000k (cool), and was wondering if they mix with PCA differently.
Oh sorry, i misread, would it be possible to get a picture with the white die illuminated?

I ask because I am looking to make an off-white/golden blade, and i feel as though the cooler and brighter whites may interact well with photon/enhanced day blades, as they respond best to blues.

Remind me over the weekend to mess with settings and take pics; have a work trip the next two days and will be away from sabers :(

White in a Photon blade just makes a sort of "lime green". It's pretty underwhelming.

I have done some mixing before with Amber and White (cool) and it's... disappointing. It does not take much white to completely wash out amber. Basically if you run 1 Amber and 1 Cool White at full, you make like a 3600k White LOL. I would imagine that what you're hoping for would be best achievable with Warm white and 2x PCA dies.

The Amber/Amber saber above, and another one I have that's Red-Orange/Amber, have a 6200k cool white die, as the LEDs were from TCSS (and that's the part# they stock for the LEDs). The LG/PCA/W Yellow I believe has neutral white; I just use it for FoC so I never really paid attention. That one's a custom Luxeon tri-Rebel that Jas-Ot ordered for me. (no idea if he remembers which white it was almost a year later lol)

Major_Tom wrote:
Also, given that PCA starts out as a blue, would that mean that it interacts properly with the photoluminescent blades? or does the phosphor coating convert the light fully?

No. The phosphor dye is in the little dome lens on the diode itself. The only part of it technically being blue that matters is for resistor calculations. You can Google "phosphor-converted amber" and read all the technical blah blah blah if you want, but all that matters about it for our purposes is: 1. it's brighter than regular amber, and 2. you don't need to use a resistor on a 3.7v battery setup.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Major_Tom

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 4 days ago #86715

• Snajeelay
  • Elite Member
  • Embrace the shadows...
  • Thank you received: 35
I thought SF could custom mix you colors through customs?

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 4 days ago #86726

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "There is no death, there is the Force...no one's ever really gone."
  • Thank you received: 303
Wish there was an online tool that you could type in your hardware and LED configuration and it could tell you what your color would look like...that would make this way easier.

Now that I think about this, the LED for yellow didn't used to be 3 Amber, it used to be 2. That could explain the difference in shade...

Xiphos, Eris, Oracle Shoto

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 3 days ago #86800

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1915
SF's quadCREE Yellow was a favoured one for me. (examples of it here) Not quite exact to the referenced pictures of the game content and I don't think you ever will get exact. A Yellow quadCREE (if that's the LED option you're narrowing down) perhaps through a Yellow or Amber Day blade may come pretty close to what is desired and sought.

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 3 days ago #86802

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
SF's quadCREE Yellow was a favoured one for me. (examples of it here) Not quite exact to the referenced pictures of the game content and I don't think you ever will get exact. A Yellow quadCREE (if that's the LED option you're narrowing down) perhaps through a Yellow or Amber Day blade may come pretty close to what is desired and sought.

Interesting. So there is definitely a green tinge in there, from what I can see. I would ask you to verify that, but you seem to have done so with your pictures. Would you say it's particularly substantial? The tinge, I mean.

And I'm awfully sorry for asking so many questions, I want my first Saberforge saber to be just right.

EDIT: Upon further examination, I didn't actually see very much green at all. Can you confirm or deny that?

Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by Eddlyss64.

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 3 days ago #86806

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 367
I think my next saber I buy with electronics is going to be yellow. I love yellow bladed sabers. B)

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 2 days ago #86882

• OvrcAHst
Eddlyss64 wrote:
And I'm awfully sorry for asking so many questions, I want my first Saberforge saber to be just right.
Don't be.. ;)
EDIT: Upon further examination, I didn't actually see very much green at all. Can you confirm or deny that?
Through my own observations and perception of SFs Yellow, I never saw any green (even when battery charge lowered). Different story on a TriREBEL pcAmber/Lime though. While the Yellow is vibrant during full charge, as charge lowers the colour shift becomes more noticeable. ie..

An alternative to your selection with debating between Yellow or Amber (if narrowing down SF LEDs) is to go Lime Green and shine it through an Amber Day Blade ie..

The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 2 days ago #86883

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
@Ovr , no green is good. You've been around the block when it comes to sabers, so perhaps others were just flukes...? All the same, I think I'll trust your judgement here. The top picture of your Grandmasters is the exact color I'm looking for.

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 2 days ago #86919

• OvrcAHst
Eddlyss64 wrote:
@Ovr , no green is good. You've been around the block when it comes to sabers, so perhaps others were just flukes...? All the same, I think I'll trust your judgement here. The top picture of your Grandmasters is the exact color I'm looking for.
:lol: It's not uncommon for flukes to happen with anyone really and it's possible I've been around the block resulting from not crossing the street :lol:

All in all, there are several ways to make Yellow (either with SFs quadCREES or 3rd party Tri's). Several suggestions have been made by a few people already and it may just come down to some further edits to achieve the exact Yellow/Amber you desire compared to your reference material. Since game screen representation can sometimes differ, you could always edit the screen appearance to match the resulting blade colour rather than editing the blade colour to match the screen appearance too. ;) :whistle:

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 1 day ago #86924

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Since game screen representation can sometimes differ, you could always edit the screen appearance to match the resulting blade colour rather than editing the blade colour to match the screen appearance too.

That...is actually a really good point. :lol: But in seriousness, sometime the blade in-game looks ever-so-slightly amber colored, and sometimes it's a strong sunflower yellow. It varies as often in-game as it seems to in real life!

The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 2 months 11 hours ago #86966

• OvrcAHst
Eddlyss64 wrote:
But in seriousness, sometime the blade in-game looks ever-so-slightly amber colored, and sometimes it's a strong sunflower yellow. It varies as often in-game as it seems to in real life!
:lol: That warning about not adjusting your television sets? Lies! :lol: , adjust away B)

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 4 weeks 23 hours ago #88658

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Reviving an old topic, I know, but just as a reference...I'm checking out Luxeon's site and looking at custom Tri-Rebel stars for this custom yellow. I really like the LG/PCA/W that KelbornX posted. What was the White LED? Was it 6500K?

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 4 weeks 21 hours ago #88662

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 543
Eddlyss64 wrote:
Reviving an old topic, I know, but just as a reference...I'm checking out Luxeon's site and looking at custom Tri-Rebel stars for this custom yellow. I really like the LG/PCA/W that KelbornX posted. What was the White LED? Was it 6500K?

I don't really remember... but the white is only used for FoC anyway. It's not mixed for the blade color.

SWTOR Color-More Yellow or Amber? 4 weeks 20 hours ago #88665

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
KelbornX wrote:
Eddlyss64 wrote:

I don't really remember... but the white is only used for FoC anyway. It's not mixed for the blade color.

That's true. I'll probably go with a colder white to really emphasis the FOC.

Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Series Announcement!!... (7 Posts)
    • Sounds like it might be ok and I'll definitely give it a chance and a watch. The plot itself...
    • Saber Forge Forum Shuttin... (58 Posts)
    • Goodbye forum! :( :( This is really bad news, now I have less to read on the internet. I'll join...
    • I have joined the Discord! Also, for reference, here's a link to my old Google Plus community if...
    • Deleted my fb last week now to find out this is going too. What will i do now to get my daily...
    • New Series Announcement!!... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: I just hope they bring back Wedge and the gang from the old X-Wing book series. Anyone unfamiliar I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6835
  • Latest Member: ValkyrieGondul
  • Total Posts: 69.3k
  • Total Topics: 5837
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 146
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 58
  • Yesterday Answer: 68