Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Bane w/Covertec

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16465

• TalMeta
So, I received my Bane yesterday, and I found it came with a Covertec wheel. But where to mount? I'm thinking on the emitter shroud (the screws look much the same size). Suggestions? Anyone else do/try this?
Embrace the madness...
Prodigal Son,DT Reborn, Phoenix, Bane, Ka'tano, Sorcerer Staff, Relic, Grandmaster LE Staff
The topic has been locked.

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16466

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I wouldn't suggest it on the emitter, as those double as blade retention screws, and you're going to end up hating the fact that you have to miss with the covertech every time you're taking the blade in/out. It's designed to go on the pommel. It's the same threading as both of the pommel screws; just take the one out on the side you want your Bane to hang from and insert the covertech instead, done.

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16467

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 60
It's quite easy actually. I just received mine the same way yesterday. Depending on which way you wish to carry it.. right or left hip, rear or front facing, it's a simple connection to the pommel. Use the alan-wrench that came with it (for the retention screw) to unscrew one screw on the pommel. Again the choice of side is yours. There is another screw in the box with the charging unit. Use that screw to mount the Covertech knob in place. Easy peasy.

"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth-Garth, TalMeta

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16485

• xaviorbat
  • Thank you received: 2
Interesting, though I want to go D-ring if I can find a place to put it that won't damage it.

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16495

• Darth-Garth
  • Thank you received: 1
Just wondering, does the covertech wheel get in the way when handling the Bane?

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16497

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Darth-Garth wrote:
Just wondering, does the covertech wheel get in the way when handling the Bane?

I mounted mine on the left side of the Pommel to hang on my left hip - I am right handed and want the hilt to hang backwards for a front facing detach. As a result, the two handed grip finds the knob dead center of my second palm which is a bit annoying. But, I will not be dueling with this saber so it's really not a problem. As well, my back story has the wielder of the saber studying Makashi and would rarely find himself in a two handed grip. :P
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16621

• DarkGrey
I picked up my Bane from the PO today and, as mine didn't come with a covertec wheel, I'll be ordering one from the web site. Do I need to ask about a longer screw when I order or will the current one work?

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16622

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
DarkGrey wrote:
I picked up my Bane from the PO today and, as mine didn't come with a covertec wheel, I'll be ordering one from the web site. Do I need to ask about a longer screw when I order or will the current one work?

No, the screws in the pommel are too short. Not sure if ordering a knob will automatically come with the correct screw so it wouldn't hurt to make mention of it.

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16623

• DarkGrey
Thank you, I appreciate the info!

Bane w/Covertec 11 months 2 weeks ago #16624

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Just send them a message and point out there wasn't a knob in the package. They'll send it out, probably slipped whoever packed it up's mind, but should have been in there, so no reason to pay for it again. ;)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Help with LED selection (6 Posts)
    • Either would work, since to achieve that color you'd set one of your 9 color profiles' blade to be...
    • Heres my thing, I just do... (7 Posts)
    • SaberForge has continued to evolve over the past few months. There was only one outfit that was...
    • Help with LED selection (6 Posts)
    • Thank you guys, very much. And Kouri too. The first time I read that LED's topic, I was new to...
    • Ares has Arrived! (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: So far, I can only see it on the Etsy Store, but it looks like there are both Crystal Reveal, and...
    • Heres my thing, I just do... (7 Posts)
    • FYI... VV is actually around 24 weeks. It feels like 1.5 to 2 years though :lol: Are they giving...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4387
  • Latest Member: Zai-Xen
  • Total Posts: 44.3k
  • Total Topics: 3185
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 105
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 64