Hi,
Can some one give me some info please!
With the crystal reveal hero sabre,
Can the rechargeable battery be replaced by myself,
It would cost a lot to send overseas and back,
Also can the sound board and led and switch be replaced by my hand,
Is there screws to open the sabre,
If anyone can answer thanks.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by OvrcAHst.
The topic has been locked.

Some info please on rechargeable battery's and ect 1 year 9 months ago #921

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Hey there! You may be aware that SaberForge offers a 1 year warranty that covers damage to the electronics inside as a result of dueling. Their warranty is voided if you try to open your saber up or modify it.

Are you planning on changing the battery and soundboard right away for some reason? Or are you thinking down the line, if in a few months something happens to them and you need to replace them?

It is certainly possible to open up any of SaberForge's hilts and modify the electronic setup if you have the skill and knowledge for basic soldering, wire setup, soundboards, resistors, etc. But again, doing these kinds of modifications yourself or having someone other than a SaberForge technician do them for you will void the warranty. But if international shipping charges will be too much for you to consider taking advantage of the warranty coverage, then there's no problem :)
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Some info please on rechargeable battery's and ect 1 year 9 months ago #929

• Solo7174
Thanks for getting back to me!
I am thinking of buying a crystal hero saber,from sabre forge,
I am thinking in the future when the warranty has expired,
It would cost a lot to send overseas and back again,
Do you know If the rehargable battery can be replaced,
I have looked up the size of the battery and they look like around the size as a aa x battery,
Can this be the same?
Also can you replace all parts of the sabre like LEDs,switch,rechargeable battery,sound board
If you could answer,thanks a lot.

Some info please on rechargeable battery's and ect 1 year 8 months ago #969

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
As far as I am aware, all of the components within these sabers can be replaced or modified. You are limited only by your own knowledge and skill in making such adjustments. :)

My understanding is that SaberForge utilizes Li-Ion batteries for their Champion and Hero sabers, which come with a recharge port for recharging the battery. These Li-Ion batteries are different from standard AA or AAA batteries. I recently completed my first custom lightsaber build, and I had to do a lot of research into battery types and voltages and soundboards, LEDs, momentary vs latching switches, etc. There was a lot to learn! But there are so many knowledgeable individuals on forums such as this one to help you along. I learned everything I needed from The Custom Saber Shop (or TCSS) forum, as this SaberForge forum started after I had finished building my lightsaber. TCSS is such a helpful place to learn.

Hope this helps you! Feel free to ask any questions you have, but also keep in mind that there's a good chance your question has already been answered somewhere on TCSS or here, especially if it's a general, basic question and not a super specific one. :)

Some info please on rechargeable battery's and ect 1 year 8 months ago #982

• Solo7174
:woohoo: hi thanks for your time,
I have been looking at other forums and they are a great help,
And in the future for a cheaper or different way of changing the electrics,
Could you answer a question thanks,
Can you tell me the differance of a saber forge champion and hero,sound effects,
And av switches,
Is there many different effects,
Is a champion more value or is the hero worth the extra,
Any info would be great.thanks!

Some info please on rechargeable battery's and ect 1 year 8 months ago #1009

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
I personally only have hands-on experience with SaberForge champion sabers.

The champion hilts currently utilize the SaberCore soundboard, which comes in several different varieties each with their own unique auxiliary sound effect that you can activate by pressing the AV switch when the saber is powered on. The SaberCore Viridian has the same basic sounds as the old Champion level Neutrino soundboard (which is no longer available), and is generally considered a "light side" sound font. It's auxiliary sound effect is a blaster bolt deflection sound. The SaberCore Crimson is brand new, Phil who owns SaberForge just finished adding the option into the order menus for all his champion hilts. This is a much darker sound font and is great for Sith. The auxiliary effect is Force lightning deflection, I believe. Phil will be posting a video review sometime this weekend, stay tuned to the SaberForge Facebook page and this forum for news. My understanding is that a couple additional SaberCore soundboards will be available in the coming months as well, each with a different auxiliary effect and possibly different general sound fonts as well. All of the champion SaberCore soundboards can power the standard 6W LED or the 12W LED (for an additional $30 during checkout).

The Hero sabers have the ability to have two 6W LEDs that you can switch between just with a flick of the wrist while holding the saber, and then you can also blend those two colors together into a single 12W color (for example, if you had a 6W blue and a 6W red, your 12W would be purple). The Hero soundboard also features 5 different sound fonts which are customizable. This is a big improvement over the Champion level SaberCore, which comes preprogrammed with a sound font and cannot be changed. The Hero soundboard has a microSD card that you can plug into the computer and customize all the sounds to your liking. It also features flash on clash and a bunch of other features that I don't really know about, never actually having played with one myself.

I really have no desire for multiple colors or different sound fonts, so I personally don't feel the need to spend the extra money to go from a champion to a hero. But many people think it is well worth the extra money, and they are quite happy with their Hero edition sabers. There are a couple of threads on this forum about the Hero, I'd recommend checking them out for more information and reviews from other users.

In terms of AV switches, the Champions have 1 AV switch and the Hero sabers have 2, again because the Hero has so many more features than the Champion. But for me, all those extra features of the Hero are just a lot of icing on the already delicious cake that is the Champion. So I don't think I'll be getting a Hero any time soon, but who knows? Things may change :)

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3149
  • Total Sections: 22