Threaded Indented

TOPIC: The Story of Star Wars - The story of Legends

The Story of Star Wars - The story of Legends 11 months 4 days ago #17029

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 60
Let's talk Star Wars!

I have an entire bookcase dedicated to my Star Wars novels, essential guides, movies etc... (I'm sure I'm not the only one). Hell, I was a Playstation guy but quickly converted to Xbox once they announced that the Jedi Knight series and KOTOR would not hit the Sony Platform. I digress.

Anyway, I just thought I'd list the new timeline compared to the Legendary timeline and get some discussion going as we close in on opening day (124 days)

So here is our new timeline:

Attachments:
  • ...ds2.jpg (13KB)
  • ...ds2.jpg (13KB)
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
Last Edit: 11 months 4 days ago by Lord Callous.
The topic has been locked.

The Story of Star Wars - The story of Legends 11 months 4 days ago #17032

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
I, for one, won't miss how unwieldy "Ye Olde Canon" became. The original novels published close to the release of the original films (such as Splinter of the Mind's Eye" and the Lando Trilogy) were followed by some abysmal young reader novels, which influenced the Dark Horse Dark Empire/Tale of the Jedi stories, which Zahn (author of the amazing Thrawn trilogy) had to tangentially address, and then Kevin J. Anderson w/his Jedi Academy trilogy tried to knit it all together, and then there was the explosion of novels that worked backwards and forwards and sideways and generally stepped all over each other. And then the Prequels came out that shot all those stories to hell and then more novels were released that were later contradicted by the animated shows (gawd I forgot about the Droid and Ewok animated shows and the Holiday Special)... etc. etc. etc.

So.

While a reboot is welcome I will miss some characters (Mara Jade among others).
The topic has been locked.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72