Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saberforge customer service - A cut above

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17237

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 30
Hey all.

Just figured I would get this out there, it's about the customer service I've been receiving here from Saberforge thus far in regards to various requests, updates, information etc I've had about my order.

I will start this off with stating that we were a bit nervous ordering from saberforge. We found a variety of things online in various saber forums that were telling people to stay away, that customer service is awful etc etc. These posts were abour 2-4 years old so I started lurking here to see how people were responding to them.

Seeing how positive things were here among the community and in the etsy reviews, my wife placed an order July 4 as a surprise.

Any time myself or my wife sent a message with any questions about the product or services, things such as weight, length, soundcard, whether it could have a D-Ring attached or have the location of the convertec knob moved, etc etc. All kinds of little things. Even questioned them about the possibility of changing the order to an equivalent priced hilt even though it listed as 'Shipped' and was being built. Every concern was responded to within a few hours of sending the message. Even the ones sent at 5pm were responded to, when I was ready to wait until the next day for a response.

I've been quite impressed with how quickly they are to address these concerns and see if they can pull of any minor changes myself or my wife asked them about.

Given how well they've responded to these concerns and the positive feedback I've been seeing here, I've been talking to various friends about the stuff I've been finding on their site.

I have a great feeling this hilt will be of some pretty fine quality and can't wait to show friends and coworkers.

Anyways, I thought I'd get that out. Things I've been finding online are way outdated, and it's obvious to me this company has a lot of pride in its work and its client relations.

Hopefully if others do searches looking for this kind of information, they'll see this and ignore the old opinions found elsewhere.

When she told me she ordered one, I've been pretty excited about it. Can't wait to receive it! If their workmanship is half as good as the customer service, this will turn out to be a crazy awesome early Christmas gift!

Written Aug 18, 2015
Last Edit: 11 months 1 day ago by Zeddicuus. Reason: minor grammar fixes.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy, 308BJP

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17244

• MasterChiefS444
  • Thank you received: 1
I was bit afraid of ordering too, especially since I'm going for a Hero. I was worried about the brightness of the RGBA LEDs so I asked a couple of questions and like you said they always replied the same day. Wanted to change the color of the AV switch, no problem they changed it immediately.

You should take online reviews with a grain of salt. For every bad review, there's a 1000 happy customers because they don't complain on the internet.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17249

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 30
Which is why I wanted to get this out there. Even if there is one bad review for every 1000 everyone remembers that single bad review before they recall the 1000 good ones.

When I'm right, no one remembers
When I'm wrong, no one forgets.

It rings true, no matter what.

So here's a good review that is more recent, to help people that may be in the same situation we were.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17250

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 18
its a good thing asking around to be on the safe side
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17259

• XvExecutorvX
This is awesome! It's so important to have reviews that represent the many many satisfied customers in order to balance out the few negative reviews that get all the attention.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17261

• Dscerba21
  • Thank you received: 2
I too have had nothing but amazing service from the entire team. Shameem has been an amazing help as well as the rest of the saberforge team! I even messaged Phil on his Facebook page about how excited I am for my saber and he responded within an hour saying how he is "really happy and glad to hear it!" I will definitely be a returning customer based on how well the experience has been and how friendly the team, as well as the members on the forum are!

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17267

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Just jumping on the train here to back up what Zeddicuus said.

When I first started looking into getting a saber, I heard a lot of bad things about SF, both in particular on their customer service, and just in general. While it seems every saber maker out there has a devoted army of haters, the shade that I saw getting thrown at SaberForge seemed a bit... more vitriolic... than the usual.

But, when I ordered from the Etsy store and then realized an hour later that I'd forgotten to tell them which sabercore to put in my Champion saber, I sent them a message about it and had an answer in under 15 minutes. I was impressed, both with the quick response time, and how on the ball the responding agent seemed to be.

So, yes, so far, my personal experience with SF has been nothing but positive.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17268

• TheBrayster
  • Thank you received: 5
I have noticed in my limited experience thus far that they really are willing to bend over for the customer as far as it is reasonable to do so. I changed almost every aspect of my order post-order (with many apologies) and they responded within two days and were extremely pleasant about it all.

Much more reasonable than many other online companies.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17270

• xaviorbat
I had the same concerns for the same reason, and what cleared it for me was the ASP kickstarter, you don't get that kind of response with the kind of customer service the complainers claim. I noticed something though, the ones who do it "artistically" seem to be the most vocal about companies like saberforge.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17275

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
I noticed something though, the ones who do it "artistically" seem to be the most vocal about companies like saberforge.
As a former retail manager (Barnes & Noble) I generally found this to be true as well. W/o a doubt SF makes mistakes but I've found that if you're willing to "trust the process" (not fly off the handle w/the first problem) things get sorted out well. When I first started saber smith shopping I remember watching the "Truth about [insert company name]" type vids of Youtube and cringing because the people uploading the videos reminded me so much of the customers I used to deal with of whom you could move the earth and sky and violate store policy to help them but they'd inevitable be back the next week w/a new problem. After awhile of this kind of behavior I stopped accommodating them and they found somewhere else to harass.

*Shrugs*

Now that I'm a teacher I find the same thing to be true of a small percentage of parents. It's just a human thing. So, the point being, whenever I approach SF's customer service I act like a decent non-psychotic human and they've been super good about fixing whatever 'ish I have.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17316

• Master Venable
I have only been dealing with these guys for a few months, but they have been awesome.

We opened Phoenix Lightsaber Academy, and SaberForge gave our students a discount even before we opened, and offered us a wholesale account.

They are a shining example of excellent customer service in my opinion.
Emotion, yet Peace.
Ignorance, yet Knowledge

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PhoenixLightSaberAcademy/

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17325

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
Between my son and myself, we have three sabers from SF. We are in agreement that the sabers are fantastic, and the service we have received was great. No business that serves the number of customers that they have is going to get everything right, every time.

That small percentage of issues that you hear about which do not end well is almost always due to communications that get fouled-up somewhere along the way, and expectations set at unreasonable levels. It is almost unavoidable in a customer driven service model.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17352

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
h2soy wrote:
When I first started saber smith shopping I remember watching the "Truth about [insert company name]" type vids of Youtube and cringing because the people uploading the videos reminded me so much of the customers I used to deal with of whom you could move the earth and sky and violate store policy to help them but they'd inevitable be back the next week w/a new problem.

Yeah, I watched those videos recently, and had much the same thought.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17354

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Thank you received: 4
Truth told, I was nervous about my first buy after seeing some of those very negative and truth about (insert name here) videos but I have to say you can only take them at face value because Saber Forge has been excellent! I feel kinda bad for being nervous in the first place having talked to them.
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue
Champion Vengeance Indigo

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17367

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
Another thing I've noticed about Saberforge is that a lot of the negative reviews (specifically the commenters on those "the truth about ______" videos) are given by people who didn't even give Saberforge a fair chance. For instance, a number of people said they ordered their saber
Now, I don't want to sound like a complete jackass, but am probably going to anyway. Why do these haters create ridiculous standards, fight the system, then feel the need to tell everyone on the internet about their bad experiences? Although I can't comment on my saber yet (ordered from the main site about a week ago) Saberforge's customer service has been fantastic along the way. All of my emails have been answered within 12 hours (even the ones I've sent at 3:00-5:00 AM), and they have made so many corrections to my order, as well as basically holding my hand along the way. As an example, they've told me all I need to know about 12w+ LEDs, made my saber have anodized black claws (with matching screws), and remained friendly all along the way.

Now I don't exactly have the most spending money in the world, but I know that any future sabers I'm going to buy are going to be from Saberforge. To any nervous people out there, just try to follow the system and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17368

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
  • "Do or do not, there is no try..."
  • Thank you received: 28
I had my reservations as well, partially due to custom saber builders and some other msg board opinions, partially because of some build and customer service horror stories, and some due to my personal email back n forth a few years ago. I was on the fence about a buy, and after a few quick and... I won't say ill-mannered, but what came across as "short" to me... responses that didn't always cover my questions, I felt convinced that perhaps it was true to steer clear.

Well, SF has proved me and others very wrong, not only responding back within the day, but always thoroughly and courteously. Shameem especially has been very helpful, but I will say it's easier to pick him out as well because he's signed his name to Etsy responses lol. ;)

I haven't received my SF saber just yet, but after the FAQ, some overall research into the wait, and many answered questions, I feel confident this will continue to be a great experience. Thanks SF!

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17371

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Reading through this thread has warmed my heart, guys :) Thanks for sharing your positive experiences with the rest of the community, because you're right, for every negative review posted somewhere online for any product or any company there's inevitably dozens of positive ones that simply don't get passed around, so thanks for helping to balance things out ;)

Ever since I started working at SaberForge in January of this year, I've tried my very best to wipe away any negative stains that have been attached to the SaberForge brand name from previous years. SaberForge's tagline is "perfecting the art of the saber," and as long as I am the lead customer service rep at SaberForge I will personally see to it that we continue to apply that maxim to all of our interactions with all of our customers.

-Shameem Moshrefzadeh
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Last Edit: 11 months 1 day ago by DarthMario95.
The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy, Vanguard, Afadir, jonny427, 308BJP, Tazendeuk, imtylerdurden

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17374

• Focus
  • Thank you received: 8
I was also very nervous about buying a saber but seeing the community on here and excellent reviews on etsy and here was nice to see, and when it arrived I was extremely happy and glad to have bought Saberforge.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 1 day ago #17383

• Syph-1
I agree with everything that has been posted so far about SF customer service. I was very surprised at how fast and professional the replies to my many questions have been. Even on a Sunday I got answers to questions which was the biggest surprise. Keep up the great work.

Saberforge customer service - A cut above 11 months 20 hours ago #17411

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
I think it's worth noting that (probably) none of us were paid any money or merchandise in order to say these things. I, at least, wrote of my own free will and was not forced to say anything at all.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104