Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Quick question

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17539

• Dscerba21
  • Thank you received: 2
If I set the sensitivity settings on high, will that drain the battery faster? my first SF saber is scheduled to be delivered this Saturday!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17542

• Syph-1
Sorry can't answer your question as I don't have my saber yet. But congrats on your new arrival is it a boy or girl? Lol hope you enjoy it. I am sure you will though.

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17547

• Jatne
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
Setting volume higher will likely drain the battery a little faster, but adjusting sensitivity should only adjust how often the movement sound effects play. I guess that too could affect battery life if the swing effect uses more or less power the the standby hum. However I strongly doubt the effect of any sensitivity setting or even the volume would produce a noticeable change in battery live.
Purchased 6 hilts from SF

Cheated out of the prize in the final lottery

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17548

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Not noticeably, no. Like, it won't have an impact of anything more than a few minutes, if that.

The LED is the greatest power draw on the saber, not the soundboard. Even adjusting the optical frequency settings don't affect the battery life to a noticeable degree.
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Knytiri.

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17551

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
Quick Answer: 42 :silly:
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Syph-1

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17555

• Syph-1
What is: the answer to the ultimate question meaning of life, universe, and everything? Hope that was today's daily double

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17598

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
Thanks for the answer Knytiri I was wondering this as well.

Do the 12w+ LEDs drain the battery faster than the 12w do or is the + just due to the location/focus or whatever of the LEDs and not due to extra power draw?

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17600

• Knytiri
  • Banned
The 12W+ are actually 10-15% more energy efficient, SF says, so the battery lasts longer with them.

the + is actually referring to the brightness; the lumens sees a little bump, but overall it's the focused beam of light that the new modules create that they're most known for. They create a far more even beam that goes up the blade for fuller and more even illumination.

Whenever I finally get around to it, I have a cyan 12W+ exhalted with some comparison pictures I'm going to post. Just been busy today and haven't had a chance to upload the pictures yet. lol

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17694

• Wolvs
  • Thank you received: 1
Good to hear that the 12W+ draw less instead of more power. Ive got a few battery questions if someone would be kind enough to answer them for me. What is the average lifespan of the battery betwen charges? And how long do they take to charge from flat to full? And how long do they last before they need repalced?

I am planning to buy my first saber when ASP goes live and cant wait. Also got 3 young ones who cant wait to get thier own as well. I would like to learn as much as i can now to make the ordering easier.

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17700

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Wolvs wrote:
What is the average lifespan of the battery between charges? And how long do they take to charge from flat to full?

Do you mean if left unused?

I haven't gotten my saber yet, but I have an electronic cigarette which runs off 18650 batteries very similar to the ones that seem to be used in SF sabers, and I've left them sitting for up to a month-6 weeks after charging, and been able to pop one in and get a spark.

As for "flat to full" charge, it tends to vary based on the maker and age of the battery. I have some that are over a year old that charge in hours, and I have a month old one that takes between 6 and 8 hours.

That's highly anecdotal, but it's all the experience I have to offer right now.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Afadir.

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17701

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I just answered some of that on the FAQ thread...
That varies depending on several situations, but on average, you can expect about 4-5 hours of runtime for a warrior, 3.5 - 4.5 for a champion, and 3-4 for a hero.

Edit: To clarify, runtime means the saber powered ON. If you have it off, or only on periodically, it'll last days, even weeks.

To charge, depends on charger and charger type. So, like a warrior tier, where you remove the battery, the first charge takes a LONG time. Like, 12 hours. Best to put it on and leave it overnight. After that the charges get faster. I charge my warrior saber overnight still, but it's ready within a few hours. Champions/in hilt rechargers take a bit less time. 3-4 hours in my experience, also varying on how low/dead the battery is.

As to how long they last, that really depends on how well you maintain them and take care of them. Some batteries can last years, if properly maintained. Others, months if not. Just varies.

Quick question 10 months 4 weeks ago #17703

• Wolvs
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you both thats very helpful. I even read the FAQs once upon a time, just didnt remember seeing that part covered. Guess i had better reread it to see what else slipped out of mind.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (4 Posts)
    • OHMYGOD I just watched some asp reviews and now I'm certain I DIDN'T GET THE WARRENTY!!! will...
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 72