Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Exhalted Blade Brightness

Exhalted Blade Brightness 1 year 8 months ago #950

• Jadn
Hello all!

Looking to purchase the Exhalted! Amazing sleek design while still paying homage to the classic Skywalker design. I did have a question for those that already own one. I saw in one of the reviews that the LED is towards the middle of the saber body and the light is conducted down the thin neck tube by reflective material. I am wondering, because there does not appear to be as wide an opening or focal lens, does this saber lose any light down the length of the blade? Also does the exhalted accomodate a blade plug? This is basically the tipping point for me between exhalted and the venomous fury, or fury, or gladius...so many choices...
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Jadn. Reason: needed to clarify a question
The topic has been locked.

Exhalted Blade Brightness 1 year 8 months ago #968

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Hey there,

I'll try to address your questions, owning several SaberForge hilts including the Exhalted, Prodigal Son, Redeemer, and Fury.

The thin neck sabers initially were not as bright as the regular sabers, because of the thin neck design and the fact that the LED is housed much further away from the blade than with other hilts. However, the reflective piece of film material inside the thin neck was recently added by SaberForge to compensate for this issue, and now all the thin neck sabers come standard with this reflective material lining the inside of the neck, which makes them just as bright as standard sabers.

The Exhalted, along with Redeemer and Prodigal Son, do not easily accept blade plugs...at least, not if you just try to use the blade plug out of the box. Check out THIS THREAD here on the forum, as myself and another user have made some modifications to our blade plugs to allow them to fit within the Exhalted and Redeemer.

Allow me to also throw in a personal note: I LOVE my Exhalted. It's my favorite hilt. I first bought the Redeemer and Prodigal Son, and the control boxes, while screen accurate, were such a pain to duel with. The Exhalted removes that issue, and is one of the most comfortable hilts to duel with. PLUS! It is simply gorgeous! :) So I say buckle down and get an Exhalted. You will not be disappointed :)
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jadn

Exhalted Blade Brightness 1 year 8 months ago #996

• Jadn
Thanks for the reply and info!

Looks like Exhalted is the way I'm gonna go!

Exhalted Blade Brightness 1 year 8 months ago #1006

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
I'm confident you will love it just like I do! What color blade do you think you'll be getting? I got mine in Amber 12W, and I absolutely adore it.

Exhalted Blade Brightness 1 year 8 months ago #1022

• Jadn
Torn between Blue/blue and arctic blue. Do you know which would be brighter?

Exhalted Blade Brightness 1 year 8 months ago #1024

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Brighter? I honestly don't know. If I had to guess I'd say the Light Blue (blue/blue) would be a little brighter than the Arctic Blue (Royal Blue/Green). With a 12W LED all of their colors are going to look phenomenal, so if you're wavering between 6W and spending an additional $30 on the $12W, I'd definitely say go for the 12W. I refuse to buy 6W ever again now that SaberForge offers 12W. :)

If you haven't already seen the video, this may help a bit in your decision: Color Options

Exhalted Blade Brightness 1 year 8 months ago #1034

• Rekesh
  • Thank you received: 1
The proof is in the pudding, so to speak, but I have read that the green spectrum, Watt for Watt, usually appears brighter than other colors. Laser pointers are a good real world example of perceived brightness.

I just received my Sinister Prophecy today with Arctic Blue & Blood Orange as the two colors. The blended color ends up being an odd magenta, but I absolutely love the contrast when switching between the Arctic Blue and the Blood Orange so I'm very happy regardless.
"Men will lie to you. Your eyes will deceive you. Steel never lies, nor deceives, not hides bitter reality. In the sword, you can find truth."
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104