Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18346

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
So, I'm a huge SWTOR player. I have at least 100 hours logged on each server, and I am a subscriber.

And personally, I am so pumped for the next expansion. These next few expansions Bioware have planned are bringing back our beloved Old Republic into Canon, as well as adding new content to the OR Canon. So I'm pretty excited.
The topic has been locked.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18348

• andromedakun
  • Thank you received: 3
It's been ages since I last played SWTOR (I played for around 3 months after launch if I remember that right).

How did the game fare after that? In the beginning there was a huge lack of endgame content.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18350

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Can't wait for the new xpac. Looks like it's gonna be awesome... i loved the shadow of revan, too. Infinitely better than makes if you ask me lol.

SF actually has a guild on harbinger, imp side if you weren't aware :)

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18352

• McCloud
Darth Intefector wrote:
So, I'm a huge SWTOR player. I have at least 100 hours logged on each server, and I am a subscriber.

And personally, I am so pumped for the next expansion. These next few expansions Bioware have planned are bringing back our beloved Old Republic into Canon, as well as adding new content to the OR Canon. So I'm pretty excited.

Are you speaking about Canon as in it'll be part of the 6 movies and tv shows Canon? I loved this game but couldn't afford paying subscription to a game I hardly played anymore. I planned to come back but after Disney laid down the Canon Hammer I gave up playing a game that never really happened (so to speak). If this is true....hmmm....what was my sniper rotation again...?

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18358

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
Yeah! In fact, it's rumored that a couple things that take place in KOTFE directly change everything and have a direct impact on The Force Awakens' plot line.

And Knytiri, I was not aware of that actually! I'll have to look into that sometime in the future! I've been playing a lot on the RP servers lately.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18360

• JebidiahJee
  • Premium Member
  • Yub nub, eee chop yub nub.
  • Thank you received: 8
I remember when it went free-to-play. Tried it out then. So, it might have been a few years.
Hello, World
Everyday I'm Saberin', Saberin'

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18362

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I was in the Beta, and then a subscriber for several months after. Unfortunately I had to move to an area that satellite broadband is the only thing available, so any online gaming is far too laggy to play. One day though, one day...

Great game though. I can't wait to start up again and explore all the content that I've missed out on.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18365

• Jatne
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
I've been a subscriber since the beta weekends and am very excited about the new expansion. I am very interested in a lot of the new content and features, and even the old raids being relevant again.

However I've also on a HM raid team for about two and a half years, that while it isn't what I'd call hard core raiders, it's a lot closer to that than causal raids. With the amount of time without new raids at least half the team is leaving the game, understandable considering how little their favorite portion of the game has been updated recently.

So I'm excited for what is in the update, and sad that what isn't there is driving several friends away from the game.
Purchased 6 hilts from SF

Cheated out of the prize in the final lottery

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18371

• McCloud
Ah man....if it is made Canon it'll be hard to resist the urge to get back into it. No way I'm doing Free 2 Play either. They gimp you hard without a subscription...and once I start again it'll be hard to come back out and play other games haha! Unless of course that game is Battlefront

Dammit...I'll have to meditate on this.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to visit the forums again to see whats up.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18372

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
No problem! Happy to help! :P

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18373

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
What's your evidence that it will be considered Canon? I thought that question was asked and they were told it was not. I think there was one public Q&A where someone spoke out of turn and said it was but that was later rebutted.

I played SWTOR for about a 2.5 years, been on and off for the last 2 years. Honestly I unsubbed when I saw the details on the latest expac. It seems like it's just shoving a single player RPG into an MMO with a story that's Star Wars-esqu but not really Star Wars.

Overall I think where EA/Bioware failed with SWTOR is they tried to make a game that caters equally to single player RPG players and MMO players. Those are dramatically different target audiences with dramatically different priorities. In trying to cater to both they didn't do either side well. They would have been better severed making KOTOR III or SWTOR or both but having them be separate games.

Overall I did enjoy my time with SWTOR and would considering coming back if I had friends to play with or the developers show signs of a clear and consistent direction.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by Broll.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18376

• axabrax
Played when it first came out and got bored after a few months as it was just too repetitive. Got hooked back into it with the 12x xp boost which basically lets you ignore the common quests and focus on the story, which is pretty damn good, especially for the Sith Inquisitor. I find the story interesting enough to keep me coming back.

I'm sure the xp boost ticks off players who did it the hard way, but their marketing team knows what they are doing as they got me to sub and I've even spent a little cash in the cartel. I personally am looking forward to the new expansion!

Also looking forward to the rumored new open world RPG that EA is starting up with the production lead from the Assassin's Creed series...

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18377

• McCloud
Yes the story from all of the Sith side are fantastic. I last left off with only the Smuggler and Consular left but the story is what I'm itching to finish.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18378

• TheBrayster
  • Thank you received: 5
Relevant trailer for those who aren't hyped yet.

October cannot come quickly enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Intefector

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18379

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 751
The new expansion is the main reason I am hanging on. I have played fairly steady since just after launch, and while it has been good, in its current form, for me it had just about run its course. I hate saying that about ANYTHING related to Star Wars, but that is the truth in this case. I hope it turns out to be the game-changer they are promising, and I am willing to give it the time needed to find out. All I can say is that if City of Heroes was still around, that is where I would be, game-wise that is.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 4 weeks ago #18391

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Knytiri wrote:
SF actually has a guild on harbinger, imp side if you weren't aware :)

DAMN IT! I'm gonna have to play again now ... >

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 3 weeks ago #18478

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
Broll wrote:
What's your evidence that it will be considered Canon? I thought that question was asked and they were told it was not. I think there was one public Q&A where someone spoke out of turn and said it was but that was later rebutted..

I don't have any specific evidence other than what I've been told personally by friends who work for LucasFilms, and the fact that it was stated a long time ago that anything released before TFA would be canon. However, my friends are known to be major teases, but I have heard a lot that this expansion is bringing everything back into the canon side of things. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 3 weeks ago #18480

• McCloud
I wonder what is it about the expansion that warrants a possible Canon induction. The mere fact that Bioware has fantastic story telling? Or maybe something lore related? Either way that would be pretty good news, especially because TOR is played by a lot of people. And may even draw some back.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 3 weeks ago #18483

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
It's rumored that the reason for it is that Andy Serkis' character draws inspiration from Valkoran, the Eternal Emperor.

Star Wars The Old Republic: KOTFE 10 months 3 weeks ago #18485

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Doooo iiiiiitt...

It's actually really fun. I haven't played for a week or so and I'm missing it already lol
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Help with LED selection (6 Posts)
    • Either would work, since to achieve that color you'd set one of your 9 color profiles' blade to be...
    • Heres my thing, I just do... (7 Posts)
    • SaberForge has continued to evolve over the past few months. There was only one outfit that was...
    • Help with LED selection (6 Posts)
    • Thank you guys, very much. And Kouri too. The first time I read that LED's topic, I was new to...
    • Ares has Arrived! (16 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: So far, I can only see it on the Etsy Store, but it looks like there are both Crystal Reveal, and...
    • Heres my thing, I just do... (7 Posts)
    • FYI... VV is actually around 24 weeks. It feels like 1.5 to 2 years though :lol: Are they giving...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4387
  • Latest Member: Zai-Xen
  • Total Posts: 44.3k
  • Total Topics: 3185
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 105
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 64