Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 4 days ago #18385

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
I've fallen in love with the standard exalted hilt.
I'm having a hard time choosing between a single color 12w+ champion, a RGBA hero, or a crystal reveal.

If you owns a saber with any of these options Can you please comment with pros and cons to help me narrow my decision.

Some starter questions:
Is the RGBA hero bright enough?
How often do you find yourself swapping colors/fonts is it enough to make it worth it for someone new to owning sabers?

It looks like the crystal reveal closes up to look like a normal exalted is it as dueling worthy as the normal exalted when closed?

Just how awesome is the 12w+ in comparison to the 3, 6, 12 watt illuminations of the hero or classic 12w LEDs?

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
The topic has been locked.

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 4 days ago #18386

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
A lot of this, I feel, is going to come down to personal preference, ultimately. :)

I have 3 12W+ sabers now (reviews coming on 2 tomorrow...) and all three are insane and I love them. I don't like the crystal reveals because they're not duel worthy. Or rather, not warrantied for dueling. The chamber may close, but structurally it's still the same inside, and the vibrations of impact during a duel are more prone to damaging crystal reveal sabers over a standard.

As for brightness... Wattage of an LED is not necessarily indicative of brightness.. that would be lumens. That being said, the RGBA isn't as bright as a full four-die color lit solidly, but nor is it dim, by any means. Especially when you start mixing colors, getting 2-3 die lit... and it also offers the ability to go into the color editor and literally create custom colors with any color mix at any point in time without needing to go get plugged into a computer. SO! There's definitely a lot of benefits to that. And the multiple soundbanks on the hero tier are just... nice. Just... lovely, lol. If you're anything like me, you'll get bored of the same soundfont EVERY day, so. It's nice being able to switch it up from time to time. =D

I don't have any picture comparisons for 12W+ vs standard 12W hero... but. Also, just in case you didn't know, cause it wasn't mentioned... the 12W+ is available in hero tier now as well. So! You can still get the improved LED/more brightness in the RGBA. :)

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 4 days ago #18387

• Artair
  • Elite Member
Thanks for the info!

Do you know if its possible to make a etsy hero RGBA into a 12w+ or is that currently only available on their main site orders?

I imagined that would be coming at some point just was not sure how difficult it is to do/how long it would take.

I was planning to do a hero in one of my top 5 hilts and this one may as well be it :)
2 are incoming with ASP so that leaves exalted, lotus and grand master (lets face it a hero staff is insanely costly :P)

2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
Last Edit: 11 months 4 days ago by Artair.

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 4 days ago #18388

• Knytiri
  • Banned
For ordering 12W+ just message them on Etsy, they'll tell you to paypal the $25 for the 12W+ and include the order number, then reference the paypal transaction number in a message back to them about it on the order, so they can put a note on the order.

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 4 days ago #18389

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 760
I have a Champion standard finish Exhalted, and I LOVE it!

THE FOLLOWING IS PERSONAL PREFERENCE, AND NOT INTENDED TO DISSUADE ANYONE FROM DOING WHAT THEY LIKE!

I prefer the single color arrangement just because I feel like a saber is (or would be) a single color if it were real, and not subject to the whims of the owner. It signifies something significant, and I like the idea that once made, it is done. As I have stated, the only change I would make is updating my 12w Arctic Blue, to a 12w+ Arctic Blue.

But, that's just me!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 4 days ago #18390

• axabrax
  • Thank you received: 3
If switching colors isn't your thing, what you get with the hero blade is the ability to change sound fonts (even new ones that you download) and the flash on clash. It would be great if there was something in between champion and hero where you could have a single color but still the ability to swap sound but that's not the case as of now unless you buy a hero and hard code one color which seems like paying for features you aren't using. It seems like if you're only going to have one saber, the hero is the way to go as you get variety with one purchase. If you were planning on collecting or buying multiple sabers maybe not so important. Of course this is all coming from someone who has purchased three sabers and received none, so largely conjecture. :-) I would imagine that a crystal would look better with a brighter LED . PS: one of my sabers was a 12W+ Exhalted off Etsy with a purple blade. It is an awesome looking saber!
Last Edit: 11 months 4 days ago by axabrax.

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 3 days ago #18445

• Artair
  • Elite Member
OMG i'm so indecisive... So i have decided on tier and color options (12w+ RGBA hero) but now I'm stuck on weathered or standard hilt....

I've have the etsy images for each side by side on my computer for the past 30 hours or so

the indecision is killing me... :P

2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
Last Edit: 11 months 3 days ago by Artair.

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 3 days ago #18446

• JebidiahJee
  • Premium Member
  • Yub nub, eee chop yub nub.
  • Thank you received: 8
I'd go standard for hero tier. Keep it shiny! Weathered if you went warrior tier.
Hello, World
Everyday I'm Saberin', Saberin'

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 11 months 2 days ago #18472

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Weathered is so beautiful on this hilt.. 0:)

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 10 months 4 weeks ago #18695

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
  • "Do or do not, there is no try..."
  • Thank you received: 28
not gonna lie, I LOVE the weathered version of this one. It may or may not be because I'm not a huge "brass" fan on most sabers (I've never dug silver and gold-ish colors together). A weathered Exhalted Champion with a 12W+ Cyan or Arctic Blue maybe.

I did a crystal chamber on my Prodigal Son coming, but thats just because I've been dying for an awesome crystal chamber saber for a while, and don't duel. Its an expensive shelf-queen I guess, but its also going to be the only saber I have for a long while.

No matter what, a thin-neck fan here thinks you're going to be happy with however you order it! ;)

Having a hard time choosing, help and comments pls 10 months 3 weeks ago #19003

• Cghinds
  • Thank you received: 1
Great looking saber in the standard finish
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (12 Posts)
    • If the color separation becomes an issue for you down the road, you should be able to get the same...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (12 Posts)
    • I have that RbCW in my Phoenix ;) He picks some winners. The Amber Red-Orange White is in my...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (5 Posts)
    • Oooh interesting! It looks like they don't have the D-Ring at the emitter though, which is too bad....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 56
  • Yesterday Answer: 85