Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Length of the Exhalted

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18479

• michael
  • Thank you received: 1
I love the design of the Exhalted but I find it slightly too long. What is your opinion?
Do you believe another pommel could be great? like the gladius one? or another option?
Maybe the black part next to the pommel could be a little shorter? What is your opinion?

;-)
The topic has been locked.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18482

• Jyn-Toar
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17
It's only like 12" long.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18484

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Yeah.. it's not overly long lol. Just measured mine, it's exactly 12.25 inches, which actually happens to be the same length as the reborn. (I took a pic, I'll upload it later, when I'm not on my phone)

And actually since the actual pommel is so low profile on the exhalted the gladius pommel would add about 1/8th of an inch to the overall length of the saber.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18488

• michael
It would look like that:
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by michael.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18489

• michael
what are the size of the prodigal son and redeemer to compare with?
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by michael.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18496

• Knytiri
  • Banned
You have to remember the Gladius just had a redesign, and has a bit different pommel now. It's a tiny bit longer. Also, the Exhalted pommel is considerably smaller and low profile compared to older models.

See the little lip at the bottom? That's the pommel now.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18500

• bro2044
  • Premium Member
  • "Do or do not, there is no try..."
  • Thank you received: 28
michael wrote:
what are the size of the prodigal son and redeemer to compare with?

11.75" I believe

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18504

• michael
Yes, I mean the old gladius, like the one I used to edit the exhalted picture with.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18505

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Yes, I mean the old gladius, like the one I used to edit the exhalted picture with.

Two problems with that... 1 - it's no longer available, and 2 - wrong threading. One of the main reasons the Gladius was overhauled was to bring it in line with other SF models, use the same threading, etc... the older Gladius model wasn't compatible. You would have to use one of the new ones instead. They're roughly the same size, so that's not really that big of a drawback. Just, you're actually going to add length now because the Exhalted has a much lower profile pommel than it used to.

When the ASP system goes live, you can order various pommels, and put them on the Exhalted however you wish. :)

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18519

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 732
Bear in mind that on the Exhalted, the bulbous section at the tail end is not the pommel. Only the thin section at the very bottom of that is the actual pommel, and that is only about 1/4 inch in width.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18527

• michael
ahhh. so how do you call this bulbous section? thank you

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18530

• michael
...and is it easy to change it for another smaller one?

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18536

• Knytiri
  • Banned
It's part of the body. And when the asp system comes out... sure.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18587

• michael
Sorry I am getting a little bit off topic but I have a few extra questions:

1.When the asp system comes out, will the custom saber be more expensive then one that is already on the list now?
2.A warrior saber has the led also fading in and out when turn on and off? Or is it only to accompany the sounds in the champion and hero editions?
3. Can a 37 inch blade by cut later on in a smaller one and perfectly fit into the hilt?

Maybe I should ask these questions directly to the saber forge email....

Thank you in advance

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18589

• Jatne
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 2
1. Not announced yet, I'd guess depending on the build it would be about the same, maybe even a little less
2. I haven't noticed the fade in and out on my warrior, but its a light whip so not 100% sure it doesn't
3. I believe you would be better off ordering a blade of the length you want. Its not just cut and go, especially in a thin neck, there is reflective film to be cut back as well. If you want an odd length blade you could order it from Saber Forge, just purchase a blade and put the custom length request in the notes, and I'm sure they will be able to handle it.
Purchased 6 hilts from SF

Cheated out of the prize in the final lottery

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18590

• Knytiri
  • Banned
1.When the asp system comes out, will the custom saber be more expensive then one that is already on the list now?
2.A warrior saber has the led also fading in and out when turn on and off? Or is it only to accompany the sounds in the champion and hero editions?
3. Can a 37 inch blade by cut later on in a smaller one and perfectly fit into the hilt?

Prices haven't been confirmed yet, but I would assume they'll be fairly close to what current prices are now, just divided up into sections for a hilt. IE; an empty hilt (elite) is $149.. divide the price up by emitter, switch, body, and pommel in some way and I assume that'll be relatively close to the pieces per parts.

I posted the warrior and champion kit prices once in the ASP FAQ thread... but I'm far to busy (and lazy, there's that too) to go find it and link it. Basically it was something along the lines of 85 for warrior electronics kits and 155 for champion kits. This is subject to change too, until confirmed with the ASP release... but the prices did originally come from Phil himself.

Warriors use a latching switch, which is basically a light switch. On, and off. So no, there's no fading effect on stunt sabers. That fade is controlled through the soundboard. Soundboards give more control and more options over the LEDs installed in the saber, so those types of options are actually determined by the type of board in a saber rather than the LED in a saber.

Blades CAN be cut, and it's actually a pretty simple process. Just be very careful when you do it. I would trim the film inside before cutting the outside. Measure how much you want to cut off, take the glue inside the base of the blade off, pull just enough of the film out, and use a very sharp knife/razor (like an exacto knife) to trim it off, slide it back in (use a dowel rod to push it in far enough but be careful not to wrinkle it up), then cut the blade off, prolly with a hacksaw, sand the bottom edge smooth so it sits even in the saber, and reglue the film down just inside the edge. Use hot glue, and like a popsicle stick to apply just a little around the edge of the film. If it's a thin-neck, remember to cut the film about an inch higher than the edge of the blade, and don't glue it.

What Jatne suggested is SOMETIMES possible--not through Etsy, currently. But from main site orders it should be.

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18594

• michael
wow, thank you for your detailed answers, they are really useful!

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 2 weeks ago #18596

• Knytiri
  • Banned
No problem. I can get a little long-winded sometimes when I actually have spare time to sit and peruse the forums. lol

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 1 week ago #18833

• michael
For some reason I can't use properly saberparts.com on my computer but it looked like that the big bottom part of the body of the fury is attached to the rest of the body, si it can probably not be changed.... :-(
Could somebody verify that for me???

Length of the Exhalted 10 months 1 week ago #18836

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 30
the big part at the bottom of the body? are you looking at the venomous fury or the fury itself? on the Venomous Fury, the knobby part on the bottom is the pommel itself, the smooth wide silver part before the thick black band is part of the body.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22