Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: What else do you love?

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #974

• starwarsmamma
  • Thank you received: 7
So obviously a love of Star Wars, Sabers, and Saber Forge brought you here, but what other geekyness do you love/embrace? Do you have large collections of it or cosplay a character from it?
Man is the only creature who takes delight in the suffering of others.
The topic has been locked.

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #975

• Echo Trval
  • Thank you received: 9
Every once in a while, I'll bust out some Magic the Gathering. I also enjoy firearms, but I'm not sure if that falls under geeky.

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #980

• Aletani
  • Walking Through the Shadows Between Light and Dark
  • Thank you received: 109
I'm a sucker for the Lord of the Rings and the Peter Jackson adaptation to the screen - my circle of friends were pretty much obsessed for a long time, but it kept our imaginations active as we explored backyards and forests and sewed capes and gave each other nicknames, I was always Merry. ^_^ But I enjoyed being a ranger like Aragorn much more than I embodied Merry's traits. So those are fond memories of being quite geeky you could say.

I really enjoy anime and manga, I have the complete set of Furuba that I enjoy rereading every now and again. I have a growing stack of DC/Batman Comics and various books I find interesting to read. While I have a Toothless build a bear from How to Train your Dragon, and a Guar Plush from The Elder Scrolls Online - which i'm working on capping my second character (not through the VR ranks yet tho). My husband and I have really enjoyed MMO gaming together since just after we got married, so that's a fun "geeky" pastime of ours.

I've enjoyed teaching myself how to sketch and paint over the last 5 years, so I have various artsy things lying around all the time, amidst various crochet projects that I'm making for people.

I really enjoy watching movies and could talk about various favorites and actors for quite a while. I'm a sucker for the Vampire genre (pun might be intended...). Though Star Wars is the only genre per se that I find myself drawn to cosplaying - I'm not sure if I would branch out unless something really piqued my interest. :)

I think that's about it for geeky stuff, otherwise I really enjoy the great outdoors and all of the variety of sports and recreation that involves. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brox Mander, Echo Trval

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #985

• Silabus
  • I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side. Walk your own path.
  • Thank you received: 23
Aside from Star Wars, I'm a huge fan of anime/manga/visual novels, and usually spend around 75% of my free time with those. I enjoy cosplaying for anime boston as well (got my persona 3 cosplay all set up). I'm actually on the path to build my own start-up, which would work by licensing, translating, and selling japanese visual novels, and light novels.

I've been an mmo gamer since highschool, and have met many friends online. I've played guildwars, luna online, tera online, legends of edda, and beta tested a couple others. I don't play as much anymore, trying out games that suit myself best. I'm a casual league of legends player too.

On the side, I enjoy reading DC comics, My favorite off the top of my head include green lantern, shazam, dr. fate, and zatanna. (so excited they planned a shazam movie in a couple years, before the green lantern remake.)

Other than that, ther'es not much else to say aside from my love of going to the movie theatres and collect ticket stubs.

Is eating a hobby? I enjoy eating too :) and sleeping.

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1008

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
This is a great question!

I have a Holy Trinity of fandoms: Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Harry Potter. These three are my passion. I adore every aspect of each of them, from books to movies to video games to collectors items…and just the whole story and universe each is set in…I love them.

I have a very large Tolkien collection, both related to Jackson's flawless film interpretations and just from the books themselves. I own many old copies of the LotR books, which are some of my prized possessions :)

Apart from these three, I'm a growing anime/manga fan. I love Japanese culture and I've been watching a lot of anime recently. Last year I attended my first convention ever, an anime convention in Minnesota, and I had a blast.

I love video games, although I'm not really into first person shooters and the games that are generally "popular" with hardcore gamers these days. I'm more of an old school guy, I love my NES, SNES, N64 era games.

I do a lot of photoshop. Actually, for years and years I made a hobby of photoshopping lightsabers into the hands of any and every character I could! I should start a separate thread here for lightsaber photoshopped pictures, I'm sure I can't be the only person on this forum who's dabbled in that art.

I'm a member of the Baha'i Faith, so my religious beliefs form a large part of my identity and I have a deep love for the writings of the Baha'i Faith. Going along with the photoshop I mentioned earlier, I've spent years designing digital artwork incorporating some of the writings of the Faith.

Let's see, Firefly/Serenity, Battlestar Galactica, Downton Abbey, all amazing shows. I never grew up reading comics, but I'm thoroughly enjoying watching all the super hero/comic book movies that have been coming out in the last decade or so.

That's all I can think of for now!
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1050

• GreenLightning
  • Thank you received: 13
Star Wars will always be number for me. Never cosplay anything star wars yet, but will next year for movie premier and comic con.
I have always been a huge batman fan. Cosplay batman a couple times this year I did a joker cosplay. Love playing all the batman games on the xbox 360. Sadly will need to get the xbox one to play the new one coming soon. I like the batman comics. TMNT are pretty cool, my favorite turtle would have to be Raphael. Been a Dr Strange fan for a few years now. Plan on cosplay him soon. I play swtor.
All ways in black or white. Why not grey

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1079

• sf master Lucien Kane
  • Knight of Tythos Ridge
  • Thank you received: 136
I've actually been a huge fan of Batman since before I had memories...

Really digging, Arrow right now and I love most of Marvel's universe

outside of my Fandom I love motorcycles, martial arts, all weapons and guitar.
"This challenge you will not overcome. Your lightsaber is nothing against the power of the dark side."
"That's why I always carry two."

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1080

• Darth Malevolence
  • Heirs of the Forgotten Ways
  • Thank you received: 3
Star Wars, Star Wars, Star Wars...did I mention Star Wars? lol. The original Battlestar Galactica, not the remake, Harry Potter, The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons... :)
Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Failure is not an option.

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1133

• Kresnik
Aside from Star Wars -

My other fandoms include - Harry Potter- it is a toss up between the two of how much I like Star Wars vs Harry Potter. I write a lot of fan fiction from both universes and have sabers / wands / etc. I am also a comic book fan, I favor the Marvel Universe aside from Batman from the DC universe. I am also a Star Trek fan - TNG > DS9 > Voyager > TOS > That one show that shall go nameless.

Aside from Fandoms - Photography is my passion - mainly model work and what not - gaming - (MMO's back into WoW again... dammnit), surfing, Firearms, Archery, Writing and lately Airsoft, although the new laws in California are drawing me out of that sport already.

I enthusiastically enjoy Dr. Who, The Walking Dead, Horror Movies (Zombies, Slasher films, Vampire/Witch / Occult)

I am a former practicing Wiccan, I have kind of rolled out of that faith and have been adopting a more or less spiritual form that is closer to the ideals of energy vs manipulation vs harmony and peace etc.

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1137

• sokor3
  • Thank you received: 13
Well, aside from Star Wars, which is my biggest passion for many, many years -

I'm big fan of Marvel and DC universe - my favourite characters from these are Joker, Hawkeye and Deathstroke
From games I love Assassin's Creed and the Witcher series.
I also enjoy martial arts like historical fencing and I recently started with Krav Maga.
YoYo is also my big passion, because I can take it anywhere I go...
My favourite anime is One piece, Death Note and Hunter x Hunter.
I'm also watching tv series, like a lot... my favourites are Arrow, Flash, Agents of SHIELD, Doctor Who, Constantine, Vikings and Grimm.

I probably forgot to mention something, because I have a lot of hobbies (probably more, than it's healthy xD)
I own:
- Venomous Fury (Warrior - 12W Amber)

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1140

• Haual
  • Thank you received: 14
Humm,

I was always a huge SciFi fan. I grew up on Star Wars, grew into Star Trek, and loved all of the other shows like Battlestar and Babylon 5.

As far as others, HUGE marvel fan, love the Avengers, Spiderman, and so on. Also a huge Harry Potter fan, and do quite enjoy some other similar shows on television.

Other than that I am a huge photography nerd. My wife and I run a photography business and I have photographed for Honda of North America, Subaru, Rally America, and ESPN. I have been published in several racing magazines as well. We normally do the wedding / modeling thing, but it is always fun to get out and shoot some sports.

What else do you love? 1 year 8 months ago #1148

• Malum Rex
  • Thank you received: 2
Well, lets see. I do enjoy Sci-Fi of course, everything from Saturn 3 to Firefly. I am a gamer as well, been playing video games since they were invented, have done beta tests on dozens of games, used to run a BBS during the 90's. Anime, Magic the Gathering, fantasy, all of it really. I also enjoy LARP VTM and WWTA, used to do SCA heavy fighting before my knee injury got too bad, now I am a professional musician, go on tour, have another album coming out in a week...I guess you could say I love it all really.
\m/ >.
Ulfr
Bassist for the Death Metal band
Spectral Manifest

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4607

• starwarsmamma
  • Thank you received: 7
Good stuff!
Man is the only creature who takes delight in the suffering of others.

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4613

• DarthZexar
  • The Dark Side has freed me, the Sith have given me purpose. No one dare stand in my way.
Spider-Man was my first nerd attack target, I've got hundreds of Spider-Man comics and love em!

Otherwise the DC Universe, in particular Green Arrow, Nightwing, Robin, and Superman. Green Arrow really is top of the list, I was incredibly excited when he was in Smallville (I was a very late bloomer to that show, like 2012), and then when Arrow came out I was all freaked.

Doctor Who is another, more for David Tennant than anything as his portrayal of the Doctor was exceptional. Very heartbreaking at times. And Matt Smith too, he carried the torch very well.

Video games. I adore the Assassins Creed and Halo series' the most, with another huge nod to 2 of my all-time favourites, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 - incredible.

Can 'Friends' fall under this? I was enamoured by that show, again much later than it was actually showed, but I must have watched it from start to finish 3 times, with loads of randoms. The One With The Chick and The Duck is my favourite episode.

Is that it? I think so.
Darth Zexar, Dark Lord of the Sith.
Own:
Jade Fire
MR Luke EP IV
MR Vader
6 US Hilts

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4617

• Xelner
  • Premium Member
  • I didn't choose the Force...it chose me.
  • Thank you received: 11
Aside from Star Wars I have several other passions (but none as big as Star Wars ;) )

DragonBall Z - I fell in love with this when I left Cartoon Network on one day and just caught it by chance. I couldn't believe that a cartoon had such amazing action sequences and a running story. Too many cartoons have issues that are resolved in 22 minutes (commercials people) but DBZ you had to keep tuning in to see what was going to happen next. This is the only show that I have in it's entirety on DVD.

Superheroes - comic books, movies, books, action figures, video games...I have collected them all. I feel like it was comic book heroes that have given me my strongest sense of right and wrong. I have always loved that the superheroes I loved would always do the right thing, even if it wasn't "cool" to do so. Favorites are The X-Men and Superman.

Harry Potter - Got turned onto these books long before they were ever movies. A friend at work had books 1 and 2 and said "you gotta read these". I remember reading "Chamber of Secrets" cover to cover in 1 day. I own all 7 books but lost the DVD's in my divorce :( . I now share these books with my kids and when they're old enough, they will inherit them.

Music - I have a day job and on the side I run my own DJ business. I know most people don't say that they collect music, but I wouldn't do it if I wasn't passionate about music. I have very eclectic tastes and will listen to anything because to me, all music is art. Where would old cartoons be if it wasn't for music? They didn't talk much so the music controlled the emotion of the viewer. Same can be said for any visual entertainment...horror movies especially. Imagine the villain jumping out to zipity doo-dah. Doesn't have the same effect, does it?

I also collect pocket knives, swords and Nerf guns. For the knives and swords, I usually go to www.Budk.com Decent prices and good items.

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4684

• Kresnik
DarthMario95 wrote:
This is a great question!

and Harry Potter. These three are my passion. I adore every aspect of each of them, from books to movies to video games to collectors items…and just the whole story and universe each is set in…I love them.

That's all I can think of for now!

Have you purchased any Alivans wands? - I strongly suggest them if you are looking for something custom or unique

http://www.alivans.com/

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4687

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 429
I have a Universal Studios Sirius Black wand a friend brought back for me, but now I want a custom one!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4731

• Sinphonic
  • Thank you received: 2
Star wars is my only real hardcore love. But I also enjoy lotr and marvel, Harry Potter and world of warcraft.

But they really do fall bigtime behind star wars.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4732

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Am a huge Doctor Who or The Doctor fan. Having difficulty with the new doctor 12 and where the storyline is going. Will see if his character becomes more defined next season as Capaldi is a good actor. Loved Tennant and Smith. Have way too much merchandise as did reviews for the BBC store and got freebies and good discounts.

Have what amounts to owning a crystal store and 100+ crystal skulls up to human size. Let's not go there with questions about that, but their history and use is fascinating. Also multiple meteorites.

Being a person that rarely does things in a small way, I am trying to control the amount of Star Wars merchandise. Have given up on being content with the sabers that I own but the low Canadian dollar is helping with this. Far too many for one person to use. This is not bragging. Would like to practice moderation for 2015. :)

What else do you love? 1 year 5 months ago #4734

• Orion Skywalker
  • Premium Member
  • Remember, concentrate on the moment. Feel, don't think. Use your instincts.
  • Thank you received: 5
Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Doctor Who, Star Trek, LOTR, Marvel/ DC, not sure what else would fall under "geeky" that I like. Maybe Narnia
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (3 Posts)
    • Ah thanks Brax but can anyone send the perk? I'd like to check it before emailing. The perks on IGG...
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 33
  • Yesterday Answer: 72