Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Venom with Viper claws

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18884

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey, does anyone happen to have a picture of the venom, but with viper claws? I have heard from customer support that this may be the design of the post-ASP viper, and want to know how it looks. Also, does anyone happen to have black viper claws?

I'm second-guessing my purchase of a viper (which will probably enter the build cue after ASP is launched) and am considering changing my order to a different hilt. Is this a normal thing to happen on week 4 after ordering, or should I listen to my instincts and change?

Much obliged.
The topic has been locked.

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18885

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
That's unfortunate that the Viper will be using the Venom emitter in the future. I think the Viper looks better for that reason alone. It doesn't have the extra bit above which shows off more of the blade, especially around the smaller portion of the Viper claw which creeps over the lip of the emitter to surround the blade. A much nicer look in my opinion and could have been a nice for the Venom also.

As per your dilemma. Black claws are available through SF for purchase (I'm pretty sure). I also think everyone goes through some sort of process where they second guess their decision. As you say go with your instincts to make a change... I say, wasn't it your instincts that drew you to that purchase?

Tastes from person to person differ. I received my first (The Katana) and loved the aesthetics of it. She was instictually my first choice. When it arrived I loved it. It felt like a Katana, looked like a Katana, had the proper length and proportions of a Katana and in the end, this bothered me. To me I was purchasing a lightsaber. And I received a Katana, which it exactly is and a great one of that, but I needed something, wanted something that had the essence of a lightsaber and it had the essence of a Katana. So I sent it back to SF rather quickly after receiving it for refund and then I purchased my Phoenix. Which I also love and look forward to having back in my hands very soon.

In the end. No one can tell you what your thoughts or feelings are but I know it's nice to bounce ideas off the wall and see what develops. Go with your gut and make a solid choice. You will be happy based on that alone then even more so once the beauty arrives.

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18889

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
Well, my gut is still longing for the original viper design, so I think I'll just wait it out. If I don't like the new design, maybe I can just saw/grind off the extra material and not void the warranty. Who knows. Still kinda want pics though.

Also, through the miracles of graphic design, I have created a black-clawed viper!

Last Edit: 10 months 6 days ago by Dark Jedi Zero. Reason: Picture too big

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18890

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I would send them an email and see if they can attach a note to the order to verify that you made the order expecting the old design and would very much like the original design over the new one, if possible. :)

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18891

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
Knytiri wrote:
I would send them an email and see if they can attach a note to the order to verify that you made the order expecting the old design and would very much like the original design over the new one, if possible. :)

I had already emailed them before making this topic.

My email:
Yet another question. Will the end of the emitter have the extension on it (like the venom and descent)? I've just noticed the viper emitter in the ASP builder has it, and a lot of the newly-ordered sabers are being made ASP compatible. Could you make a note that I don't want this extra extension?
For your convenience my order is #
Thanks!

Customer Service's reply:
The Viper has been redesigned slightly along with the Venom/Descent for our upcoming ASP release, I am not sure where our production facility is in terms of remaining stock of the older Viper model, but my guess is that your order will be filled with the newer, more durable design.

Idk, to me it seems like there's almost nothing I can do, except for manually cutting/grinding myself.

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18892

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
You didn't specify whether or not you had requested the older model, just that you had sent in an email. So I was just suggesting that in case you didn't know you could ask, and see. If that was their reply, however, yeah. It looks like you'll probably get the new (venom) emitter.

Personally I'm not a fan of the venom emitter... I much much prefer the viper style. It's kind of sad news that they're doing away with the viper style. It makes sense, logistically, I suppose, but it's still saddening. :(

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18895

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
I feel you man. Part of why I ordered the viper was because it didn't have the venom emitter. I even planned on buying venom claws to put on the viper emitter.

Personally, I would have preferred it if they got rid of the venom emitter and used the viper one for the other sabers, in order to save money and only make one part, but I'm kinda biased.

Hopefully I'll be able to cut off the extension without having too many sharp edges. Maybe I'll post pics and/or a guide when my saber comes.

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 6 days ago #18907

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 409
Dark Jedi Zero wrote:
I feel you man. Part of why I ordered the viper was because it didn't have the venom emitter. I even planned on buying venom claws to put on the viper emitter.

That was my plan too... :(
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 5 days ago #19067

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
Well, I've found a picture of what will most likely be the new emitters (via etsy):

Although it doesn't really look bad, perse, I still prefer the appearance of the old emitter. With the extension, it's almost as though the extra bits at the top of the claws (holes nearest to the emitter) are completely pointless, while it seemed like they helped contain the blade (and look damn fine) before. Hopefully they'll have enough old models in stock for my order.

I'll probably be happy either way, just might be more happy with the old emitter.

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 5 days ago #19068

• Zane Apex
Personally I love the Venom, to me the Viper looked like it was missing something. But we all second-guess our choices

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 5 days ago #19069

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
Zane Apex wrote:
Personally I love the Venom, to me the Viper looked like it was missing something. But we all second-guess our choices
Quick question: Was the "something" caused by the emitter, or the claws?

OPINIONS AHEAD:
Personally, I also considered getting a venom because of its more "This is a lightsaber" looking claw design, but decided to go with the viper since it's more unique. I was also going to order a set of venom claws, but preferred the emitter of the viper (even with the venom claws)

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 5 days ago #19074

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Yeah, I'm also in the "prefer the original Viper emitter" camp. I actually selected the viper emitter for my ASP parts, but I was kinda hoping that the saber builder just had the wrong render for the emitter. Either way, it'll still be nice. I also asked that they provide black claws with the standard finish emitter, so we'll see how that turns out!

Venom with Viper claws 10 months 4 days ago #19085

• Zane Apex
I think it is a mixture of both, but if I had to pick one I would say the emitter. To me it just looks unfinished. Maybe if it had an emitter more like the Venomous Fury with the Venom claws. A nice mix of the Venom and the Venomous Fury would make a better Viper. Just my opinion
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Most Wanted List (34 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: 4) Original run Vengeance (highly unlikely to happen, but damn do I want one) Don't care about...
    • Quote: Graflex TFA *in progress* Prodigal Son crystal reveal *ordered* Redeemer. *ordered* Shatele...
    • Quote: Have you... [image] ...Okay, the name's not...
    • Graflex TFA *in progress* Prodigal Son crystal reveal *ordered* Redeemer. *ordered* Shatele...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4366
  • Latest Member: JulzH
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3146
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 35
  • Yesterday Answer: 78