Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts.

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21075

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
  • Like received: 4
greyjediDude wrote:
I don't know about after the release, but with the release, if you preordered the game you get an extra mode called Battle of Jakku, basically this is the main planet of Episode 7. This map is essentially the battle that sets the stage for Episode 7 since it happens before the events of the movie. It is TECHNICALLY the campaign for the game.

I didn't realize that they offered that as a preorder item. Im guessing it must be just a few missions then? Def will preorder after hearing that.

Coot
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21077

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
  • Like received: 4
I guess the battle of Jakku is more like another Hoth battle then instead of some sort of short campaign thingie.

Coot

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21083

• greyjediDude
  • Elite Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Like received: 14
DeLano80 wrote:
There might be a sniper mode. While I was playing two player with my son, we did get attacked by snipers from quite a distance. I would prefer to play as a sniper. While I did enjoy playing this game a lot, I got my ass kicked. I think that I am was playing against a bunch of 13 year old kids that have nothing better to do than sit around and get really good at these kind of games! It was still very fun for me.
There is a sniper mode in the game, its a card called the cycler rifle. Its an amazing weapon that can kill someone from a serious distance. Dice understood that sniper rifles are the most popular weapons in FPS games since they kill very quickly and limited their use to keep the game fair and fun. Otherwise you'll have another CoD game with nothing but camping, I'm glad that they didn't make the cycler as a primary weapon.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21092

• Knytiri
  • Administrator
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Like received: 321
Dude. The Cycler Rifle. I would find myself a good little spot somewhere way up high (funny how people still don't look UP very often) and pick people off with it at a distance, then while it was recharging hurl detonators at others.

I... I was pretty good at this game. :)

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21094

• McCloud
  • Premium Member
I assume everyone 1-hit killing people with the sniper are either doing headshots or they're already damaged. I'm pretty sure a full health enemy won't die from 1 sniper shot (head shots excluded). Either that or I need to step up my sniper game...

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21095

• Knytiri
  • Administrator
Mostly headshots. Usually if you land a good torso shot and they're not far away it takes them way low and you can quickly finish them off with your blaster rifle. :)

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21096

• McCloud
  • Premium Member
Knytiri wrote:
Mostly headshots. Usually if you land a good torso shot and they're not far away it takes them way low and you can quickly finish them off with your blaster rifle. :)

Alright good to know. I was afraid that everyone here were head hunters lol.

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21113

• VMethos
I have very mixed feelings after playing the Beta over the weekend.
I consider myself a pretty good gamer, but when it comes to FPS's I haven't really been playing them much in the past decade, so take this for what it's worth in that respect.

The sights, the sounds, the immersion within the Star Wars universe... completely AMAZING. Totally loved that aspect. But there were some things that I found disturbing, and I really didn't enjoy a lot of my time spent playing the game. I'm hoping the biggest of these gets fixed after the feedback from the Beta (namely the huge balancing issue with the Hoth Walker assault.) Maybe they wanted the Rebel side to feel like it was nigh impossible, and if that's the case, well done. And on the other hand, winning as an Imperial pretty much never felt like a victory, just the inevitable dominance that was expected to be.

Playing drop zone was pretty fun, but the number of times enemies spawn behind you and the exorbitant number of ways to flank any particular spot on the map, made the mode seem more like a wild deathmatch than a team oriented mode of capture and defend the zone.

In dropzone my K/D ratio was typically between 1:2 (.5) up to 2:1 (2.0)
In Walker assault my K/D ratio varied wildly between 1:5 (.2) up to 1:1 (1.0) (on average about 1:3 (.33))

Maybe my constant amount of deaths is what caused a lot of frustration and lack of enjoyment playing the walker assault. I'm used to smaller lobbies, so the sheer amount of mayhem that was happening was a bit overwhelming.

Also, I am part of the group of gamers that thoroughly enjoys playing a single player story campaign (or co-op multiplayer or split-screen story campaign). If this game had that, it would be an immediate purchase for me. I played Destiny for the first 2 months it was out and really enjoyed the time I spent playing co-op missions, strikes, and eventually the raid with people on my friends list and even just randoms. The multiplayer deathmatch stuff (The Crucible), not as enjoyable.

I'm on the fence. This game holds a large appeal to me even though I was a bit frustrated with my time in the Beta. I really want to see and experience the battles in the other settings and try out the other modes, but I may wait until a year down the road when they re-release the game with all of the additional DLC and once the balance issues have been patched (like I should have done with Destiny apparently). ;)

Also... Fallout 4 comes out that day.
And Bloodborne DLC in November.

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21114

• Knytiri
  • Administrator
I've seen a lot of people say that the Hoth battle felt very unbalanced, but I have to say, I completely disagree. If you're in a group with some fairly competent people, it's VERY winnable from the Rebel side. I would say out of the 20 matches or so I played, Rebels won about 11. Which actually puts the Empire at the losing side of the balance.

The way the map was designed entirely forces you to operate together, and work as a team. From both sides. If you just run around on your own and ignore everything and just go kill hunting, you're useless to your team. It's all about protecting vital points of the map and then having those with the ability do the damage to the walkers when they were vulnerable, from the Rebel side. Having people that knew what to do in the snowspeeders is vital in those phases; you can inflict mass damage on the AT-ATs if they're good. In one battle, we defeated one walker and had the other at 30% in the first vulnerability phase; we won on the second.

It seems, as someone else here noted that the true key to victory in Battlefront rests in team play, cooperation, and coordination. Which is sometimes very hard to come by in random PUG groups. lol

Star Wars Battlefront beta, post your thoughts. 2 months 1 week ago #21123

• Brax
  • Platinum Member
  • Like received: 129
I really have to give this a try. It might be my only escape from SWTOR! :silly: B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Problem with german custo... (11 Posts)
    • Quote: Germany is the only country we're experiencing this with, and we finally got one of their customs...
    • The Wait Begins....... (2116 Posts)
    • Quote: More like 20 business days, with them only being open M-Th. I've been in "Shipped" since November...
    • My Disciple 12w Grn Black... (27 Posts)
    • WOW thats an awesome looking blade! stands out from the rest like a black sheep :P congrats and...
    • Merry Christmas!! (5 Posts)
    • Thanks Knytiri. Same to you and all the folks here. Happy Christmas! My favourite saber memory? I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 2343
  • Latest Member: calubalax
  • Total Posts: 22.4k
  • Total Topics: 1738
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 73
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 88