Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Trailer!!!!!

New Trailer!!!!! 2 months 20 hours ago #21477

• Faethien
  • Platinum Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Like received: 16
Alright ... So I just saw the trailer, and I fear someone dear to our hearts gets really hurt (Rey in the forest), please let's not make it Chewie or Han, I'd be more than pissed!

I think us in France (and EU probably) will be able to watch the movie before the US. I won't spoil, but I can't say for the others :p

However, the trailer has gotten so HYPE!!! I can't wait! I'm so in favour of that carbonite stuff! Please let me hibernate and wake up let's say ... 24 hours before the release, so my eyes have time to adjust back to the light :D

As for this movie grossing more than a Marvel release, I wouldn't be so certain, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if this happened. I mean, Disney, Abrams, the cast, & the crew have been put to the secret so much, so little has leaked about the movie, the suspense has been set and maintained so very carefully that it wouldn't be surprising if it indeed was one of the most successful starts in cinema history.

I JUST CAN'T WAIT!!!!
1. You are looking at my signature.
2. Now you think "Of course I am, you bloody idiot!"
4. You did not realise I skipped bullet point 3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Trailer!!!!! 2 months 16 hours ago #21483

• Hellrazoromega
  • Premium Member
  • “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • Like received: 9
=Ottomatix= wrote:
What was Rey crying about in the snowy forest? She was behind something big and furry! Or Capt Phasma on the bridge of the star destroyer starring @ a red beam in space? The forest being blown down by a red wall of destruction? are more planets being razed?
rumor but read at your own risk [ Click to expand ]

After seeing that, as Jyane Cobb once said on Firefly, "I'll be in my bunk."

All I can say is that Rey better be Force Sensitive too with that being one on the things they did not reveal. For all the gripes people had about the prequels my personal biggest complaint was not getting to see a main character female Jedi who was not just window dressing( I have always contended that it would have been so cool for Obi-Wan's Master to have been female. And to me all those female characters who got fleshed out in sources other than the films are cool, but for my purposes don't count since the films were and mostly still are the primary canon (with a few additions now under Disney).

My only two wishes for J.J. Abrams are the above and that he keeps his darn lens flare fetish under control. :P

New Trailer!!!!! 2 months 12 hours ago #21497

• Brax
  • Platinum Member
  • Like received: 126
I was 15 in the summer of '77, and I can tell you that while there was some advertising before Star Wars hit the screen, the first couple of weeks were nothing memorable. It was not until word of mouth began to spread about how fantastic this movie was that you saw the lines wrapping around city blocks. That is how I actually got the impression I should go see it. By that time, everything was completely nuts, but it was not that way for opening day.

Of course, every Star Wars opening after that has been off the charts, but the first one was much more subdued in the beginning. Hard to believe...I know.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

New Trailer!!!!! 2 months 4 hours ago #21532

• Hellrazoromega
  • Premium Member
  • “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • Like received: 9
Brax wrote:
I was 15 in the summer of '77, and I can tell you that while there was some advertising before Star Wars hit the screen, the first couple of weeks were nothing memorable. It was not until word of mouth began to spread about how fantastic this movie was that you saw the lines wrapping around city blocks. That is how I actually got the impression I should go see it. By that time, everything was completely nuts, but it was not that way for opening day.

Of course, every Star Wars opening after that has been off the charts, but the first one was much more subdued in the beginning. Hard to believe...I know.
I was a bit younger but I remember this too. I did not see it until 4 weeks in or so. In fact Star Wars was one of the first that began Opening day mania because I surly recall opening day lines for Empire.

New Trailer!!!!! 2 months 4 hours ago #21533

• Brax
  • Platinum Member
I remember opening day for The Empire Strikes Back, I in Amarillo Texas, and I had just finished all the tests for enlisting in the Marine Corps. I stopped at the first theater I came across that was showing it. When ROTJ came out in '83 I had just returned from a field exercise of 14 days with an artillery battalion. I was dog tired, but I was NOT gonna miss opening day!

New Trailer!!!!! 2 months 2 hours ago #21539

Alright, I just finished the trailer and thought of some weird, out there theories on Kylo Ren's identity.
I strongly believe that he may be a dark-side version of Luke Skywalker.

Of course, this is all speculation, but I might as well say it. Now for my reasoning:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Now I have no idea what could have caused his change in personality/attire, but that was my logic. Not looking to derail anything, just stating opinion.

Love the new trailer!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 hours ago by Dark Jedi Zero.

New Trailer!!!!! 2 months 2 hours ago #21540

• =Ottomatix=
  • Elite Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Like received: 26
Hmm you make and interesting point considering all the concept art of some cyborg like character! Curious Indeed

New Trailer!!!!! 1 month 4 weeks ago #21563

• Faethien
  • Platinum Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Like received: 16
I started reading all the Star Wars books about a year ago and have read around 50 already I reckon. I did not get there yet but I think I remember reading somewhere that at some point in the extended universe, the following happens:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Of course, that's the extended universe, which Disney has thrown in the bushes ... So, who knows?

I'd rather think he went in exile such as Yoda on Dagobah or something like that.
Plus, in the trailer, we clearly see Kylo Ren without mask (as Adam Driver) starting to fight against Finn. Even if he's back to the camera, there's no mistake for me, it's Adam Driver holding the lightsaber.
So Luke as Kylo Ren and Dark Side and everything, I highly doubt this.

BUT! Who knows? I must wait until December 16th 8.30 pm France time until I have some answers to the numerous questions I have :)

CAN'T WAIT!!
1. You are looking at my signature.
2. Now you think "Of course I am, you bloody idiot!"
4. You did not realise I skipped bullet point 3.

New Trailer!!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #22975

• Brax
  • Platinum Member
...and now there is just a few more tidbits in the Japanese trailer that really don't reveal much, but sure add to my excitement to see it!

New Trailer!!!!! 1 month 1 week ago #22976

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Like received: 70
Every trailer has given me goosebumps
That little 2.5min vid of the behind the scenes kind of teaser but didn't actually show you anything almost gave me man tears.
ALL the feels.
I've also been doing well at not reading up too much and avoiding all the non-sensical spoiler garbage people seem to obsess over with their theories. So eager to ruin the film for themselves. SMH
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• TFA Movie night! (5 Posts)
    • I didn't take my saber with me when I saw the movie today and glad I didn't. Theater had sign posted...
    • 12W+ vs 12W (7 Posts)
    • Okay that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't thinking of the ASP parts having to...
    • 12W+ vs 12W (7 Posts)
    • Quote: I felt like the answer you have was more of a "it will be the same but different" so yes, more...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 2295
  • Latest Member: Albieone
  • Total Posts: 22k
  • Total Topics: 1701
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 73
  • Today Open: 11
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 112
  • Yesterday Answer: 52