Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Wrapped hilts

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21547

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 402
Wondering how well the wraps hold up? Anyone have issues with edges fraying, and the overlap? Why are they wrapped emitter to pommel instead of the other way? Pommel to emitter would give a covered overlap.
Thoughts or feedback!
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by =Ottomatix=. Reason: Inverted theory
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21556

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 325
I have a Reliant and a Disciple and the wraps are holding up pretty well so far. I've seen some people's wraps start to sag a bit after a year or so of aggressive use. I don't have much other feedback other than that.

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21558

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
Thx! Ordered my first ever saber 3 weeks ago. A Disciple, of course w/bronze stingray wrap. Seems to be a popular first saber. Looks good price was right. Still not sure about the wrap overlay but ready to put it to the test! Appreciate the feedback h2soy

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21561

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
I remember reading somewhere that the stingray wrap was not "actual true" leather, but more some kind of leather alloy between natural skin and synthetic fabric.
So, the best leathers, as in the "truest", are the plain ones apparently. I do not know the first thing about leather but I figured that having read this, you might want to hear about it.

All in all, I wouldn't be too worried, I heard the same stuff that h2soy did, from a close friend of mine who ordered his SF saber about 16 months ago, has had it for a bit more than a year now, and the leather looks a bit weathered, but in a cool way. And he plays with it about everyday!

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21578

• galade120
  • Thank you received: 6
I'm just assuming things here but as far as I can tell, the reason for the emmiter to pommel wrap is to add a bit of a lip to minimize slipping down on the hilt.
Own: 6w Amber warrior resilient, 6w green warrior consular, 6w green champion arbiter w/qds

Want: custom disciple, archon, bane, exalted
User 425

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21594

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Yes but isn't that the point of the wrap in the first place. Just seems to me the edge would fray quicker that way. Ehh I guess it wont really matter. I will find out soon enough.

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21595

• galade120
  • Thank you received: 6
I have a resilient with a brown leather wrap so I can say that it really doesn't matter. :side:
Own: 6w Amber warrior resilient, 6w green warrior consular, 6w green champion arbiter w/qds

Want: custom disciple, archon, bane, exalted
User 425

Wrapped hilts 8 months 1 week ago #21596

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Ok ! I appreciate your feedback. THX
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4326
  • Latest Member: Ren1577
  • Total Posts: 43.3k
  • Total Topics: 3180
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4