Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saberforge on the news

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21591

• Crims
  • Thank you received: 3
Surprised this didn't get posted here already:

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2015/10/20/local-companys-lightsabers-would-make-jedi-proud/74299644/

It was interesting to see a couple brief flashes of the actual shop in all of that.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21599

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 702
I saw it on the Custom Saber Owners Facebook page. Darned good advertisment, and seeing Daniel bringing his awesome saber handling abilities to bear during the last few seconds probably made a few jaws drop when they saw it.

Good for SF getting attention on the news in conjunction with all of the Episode VII hoopla! It can only bode well for business.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21615

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Well done there SF! That was a good presentation of their knowledge both in the saber and in its fabrication. Hopefully this brings in even more business.

Coot

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21617

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 325
It can only bode well for business.
Good for business, bad for wait times. ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21624

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 702
h2soy wrote:

Can't argue there. The more popular they become, the higher the lead time is likely to get. I know they find the balance between demand, and resources, but I think we will have to be extra patient while they are trying to figure it out.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21625

• jc0522
  • Thank you received: 19
Brax wrote:
h2soy wrote:

Can't argue there. The more popular they become, the higher the lead time is likely to get. I know they find the balance between demand, and resources, but I think we will have to be extra patient while they are trying to figure it out.

Well, they also mentioned doubling their workforce right? So hopefully wait time will stay the same or improve! *fingers crossed*

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21626

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 402
Lots of love here, and of course some crying too! Let us just be grateful that SaberForge is available. for our consumption and enjoyment. Would it help if I described what was a Lightsaber was when I was growing up! A mag light would have been Amazing. Just saying.

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21652

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Amen to that Otto! My brothers and I used to play with Maglites in the winter, using fog and our breaths as a way to physically visualise the blades! Who hasn't done that?!

I'm super happy for SF that they get a good media coverage. They absolutely deserve it and I am incredibly happy for them knowing they were in a garage 18 months ago, and now employ 30 people. As my own boss, I can only hope to get such a high growth rate! Let's hope it continues this way for Saberforge!

@Knytiri: Where do I sign up for the "doubling the workforce" stuff? ;)

Saberforge on the news 8 months 1 week ago #21660

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Faethien wrote:
Amen to that Otto! My brothers and I used to play with Maglites in the winter, using fog and our breaths as a way to physically visualise the blades! Who hasn't done that?!

I'm super happy for SF that they get a good media coverage. They absolutely deserve it and I am incredibly happy for them knowing they were in a garage 18 months ago, and now employ 30 people. As my own boss, I can only hope to get such a high growth rate! Let's hope it continues this way for Saberforge!

@Knytiri: Where do I sign up for the "doubling the workforce" stuff? ;)

I couldn't agree with you more. The wait times might increase, but to know that their business will be getting stronger/more stable is great news for me. Increased sales could encourage them to continue to not only make beautiful sabers, but continue adding more new ones to the line up. With ASP starting to kick off, SF's execution here seems to be one point! Im really happy for Phil that his true calling is really taking off.

Coot
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP - Assailant - review (5 Posts)
    • Hey, Thanks for updating your Family image. It actually provides me with a more definitive measure...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (8 Posts)
    • I find I am the minority in my generation when it comes to being patient for something. Believe it...
    • Trials of Transformation (88 Posts)
    • :lol: Your created suspense is killing me Borom! It's always a nice distraction to step away towards...
    • Any one know if Saberforg... (21 Posts)
    • Quote: Just for anyone that may have been following this, I got an email from India yesterday that my 12...
    • ASP - Assailant - review (5 Posts)
    • Quote: Congratulations Brother! with finally getting your ASP and it is indeed a menacing looking...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4326
  • Latest Member: Ren1577
  • Total Posts: 43.3k
  • Total Topics: 3180
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 38
  • Yesterday Answer: 82