Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mauler saber

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21618

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 2
I was wondering if anyone on here has tried ordering a mauler or any staff from etsy? Im thinking of getting one, but was curious if they might offer the option to make sound for just one side as I think sound in both could be pretty crazy right?

Coot
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Coot83.
The topic has been locked.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21650

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
After reading your question, I went back to watching Darth Maul's fight VS Qui Gon & Obi Wan. And if you pay attention enough, you do hear the clashing sound of the blades as well as the light humming from the other blade, as if you were doing spins in the air with the lightsaber.
So, IF staff are built with two soundboards, then I guess it only makes sense that SF chose to go down that path. However, when I look at the prices, I don't think there's a second board. But don't take that answer for granted. Also, I think one soundboard is enough to simulate, right?

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21664

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
Faethien wrote:
After reading your question, I went back to watching Darth Maul's fight VS Qui Gon & Obi Wan. And if you pay attention enough, you do hear the clashing sound of the blades as well as the light humming from the other blade, as if you were doing spins in the air with the lightsaber.
So, IF staff are built with two soundboards, then I guess it only makes sense that SF chose to go down that path. However, when I look at the prices, I don't think there's a second board. But don't take that answer for granted. Also, I think one soundboard is enough to simulate, right?

I was thinking similar as well. Just that I know these sabers can be loud with just one sound board, couldn't imagine two on back to back. I don't have the coin to spring for a mauler staff now, but I might just commit down the road when Im ready to get one with both. I think with ASP though, I should be able to elect which of the two sabers I want to have sound boards so I might just wait a little for that.

Coot

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21666

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
I was wondering if anyone on here has tried ordering a mauler or any staff from etsy? Im thinking of getting one, but was curious if they might offer the option to make sound for just one side as I think sound in both could be pretty crazy right?
Ask the etsy shop; they'll be able to tell you definitively "yes" or "no."

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21667

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
h2soy wrote:
Ask the etsy shop; they'll be able to tell you definitively "yes" or "no."

I did the other day actually. Havnt heard back yet and in waiting decided to ask here.

Coot

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21683

• TalMeta
My Sorcerer staff came with 2 sound boards. I suspect the mauler would as well.
Embrace the madness...
Prodigal Son,DT Reborn, Phoenix, Bane, Ka'tano, Sorcerer Staff, Relic, Grandmaster LE Staff

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21689

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
If you get a champion version it does come with two boards.
I have seen people assemble staffs using a champion on one side and warrior on the other.
Sometimes through communication with SF they've also paid more to have a charge port installed on the warrior side as well so they wouldn't have to continuously disassemble the staff coupler to remove the warrior side battery to charge.
One thing with that though is, the warrior side will have no optical frequency options for the blade, if you want it to appear to have a "pulse"
With having two champion boards you can always just mute the one side if you didn't like it or adjust your motion and impact sensitivity levels.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21695

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 184
I ordered the Mauler Staff Champion Red (in production queue). My understanding is it is technically considered as two sabers and so there should be two sound, basically two of everything.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21696

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Sometimes through communication with SF they've also paid more to have a charge port installed on the warrior side as well so they wouldn't have to continuously disassemble the staff coupler to remove the warrior side battery to charge.
One thing with that though is, the warrior side will have no optical frequency options for the blade, if you want it to appear to have a "pulse"
I think NeBosa is on the right track here. I suspect the etsy shop won't be willing to make mods like this since it's so specialized. Shoot an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and ask them if a mod like this can be made. Should be fairly straightforward.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21697

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Coot83 wrote:

Coot

What if when you de-couple it and use it as two separate sabers? You need sound on both.
"I am the Senate"

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21699

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
I think the vast majority that ordered this saber will be keeping their Mauler in staff form rather than as a dual wield. So sound on both sides isn't all that necessary.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21700

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
You bring up a good point there Bebosa. I didnt think about the pulse! I wouldnt plan on dualing with the sabers, but yea that is not a bad thing to have in case I would ever decide to. I think the biggest thing now that I think about it would be the charging. I would want them to probably be uniform and the only way to achieve that would be to keep them both with sound boards right?

Coot

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21703

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
I prefer full flexibility, so I think the Champion Staff - two of everything, makes sense. Twice the saber, double the fun.

You could send an email to SF asking if it is possible to custom to your requirement. You should first ask before making the order.

I also upgraded to 12W+ LED for an extra $50 ($25 each). I can't wait! It will be loud and bright whether coupled or de-coupled.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 8 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21709

• Sinister8
When I bought my Sorcerer Staff from Etsy, I asked the same question. They told me NO. That level of customization was not available from the Etsy Website even if you requested it in the comments. If you buy the staff in Champion Tier, both sides will have sound boards. They will not customize it for one side with sound and one side without. If you can afford it, I say go with sound on both. I agree with one of the other responses....you have more options that way.

Maybe not for the Mauler, but for other staffs where they are selling the single hilts (i.e. Grand Master), I suppose you could buy each hilt separately (1 with sound, 1 without) and then work with SF on buying the coupler.

Good luck!

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21714

• Coot83
  • Premium Member
Sinister8 wrote:
When I bought my Sorcerer Staff from Etsy, I asked the same question. They told me NO. That level of customization was not available from the Etsy Website even if you requested it in the comments. If you buy the staff in Champion Tier, both sides will have sound boards. They will not customize it for one side with sound and one side without. If you can afford it, I say go with sound on both. I agree with one of the other responses....you have more options that way.

Maybe not for the Mauler, but for other staffs where they are selling the single hilts (i.e. Grand Master), I suppose you could buy each hilt separately (1 with sound, 1 without) and then work with SF on buying the coupler.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info man. I kind of figured that they might be like that. If it was any other staff I would probably try to get one side only with a soundboard. With this being mauls I think I will do it proper justice and just man up with two soundboards. I guess why go half the distance right?

Coot

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21729

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Yes, champion tier staffs (such as the mauler or grandmaster) are literally shipped as two separate single sabers; both champion. Nebosa was spot on with what he said; however! Listings like the Mauler and Grandmaster, you can't get one warrior, one champion unless you order two SINGLE hilts, and specify, and get the upgrade.

Another however note; we're having to cut back some more of the options we were allowing through Etsy to avoid it's lead time facing another increase. Meaning, no more nightlite options available through Etsy, etc. At least for the time being, until production is expanded and we're on the other side of the holiday/new movie rush.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21731

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Meaning, no more nightlite options available through Etsy, etc. At least for the time being, until production is expanded and we're on the other side of the holiday/new movie rush.
Am I correct in assuming that preexisting orders are in the green?

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21735

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Yes. It's a "from here on" thing.

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21736

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
can you expand on what you mean by no longer allowing nightlite options?

Mauler saber 8 months 3 weeks ago #21740

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Extra customizations what we were allowing to etsy orders, like the nightlite, we won't be for a while. The nightlite was the in hilt recharge for warrior tier sabers. It's not permanent; just temporary.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (119 Posts)
    • Hey guys, I've been on pre shipment since 7/12, is it normal? I thought they start making your saber...
    • Rogue One Trailer (6 Posts)
    • Why are they doing this, it is the second time they're showing a teaser/trailer in a Con/Celebration...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 39
  • Yesterday Answer: 64