Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: USPS preshipment info?

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21671

• RagnarTheRed
So II made my firstpurchase, disciple warrior edition, and I have been waiting a while now for it to come. Oct 3 is when I got the email shipped, which I know it takes 5-10 days to actually ship but the tracking info was last updated Oct 11 saying pre shipment has been sent. Has my order been shipped yet or has USPS screwed up? Should I ask saberforge directly?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21672

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 327
Hello, welcome to the forum! I suspect that this excerpt from the FAQ (found at the top of every forum sub category) will answer your question:
Q - What is the shipping process?

A - As many notice, their first saber order can be a little confusing when it comes to shipping. To be clear and as simple as possible, I will break this answer into two segments.

(1) Ordering from the Website, saberforge.com. When you order from the website, you will get a confirmation email, then nothing else until the saber goes to the build que. When its time has come, you will receive a shipping notice, and be provided the tracking number. However--this does not mean your saber has actually SHIPPED. It has just been added to the build que. It will take approx. 5 - 10 Business Days (Monday - Thursday, SF techs work 4/10s, rather than 5/8s.) for the saber to be completed. Once the batch has been built, they will ship out. This can happen any day of the week, but tends to commonly be towards the end of the week, on Wed. or Thurs.

(2) Ordering from Etsy. When you order off of Etsy, your order will state confirmed up until it ships. When it goes to Shipped Status on the Etsy order status screen, the same as what would have happened had you ordered from the site direct happens; you will get the shipped notification, and be provided the tracking number, however, the saber has not physically shipped. On Etsy, it is easier to keep track of the order from this point out. Once the order physically leaves the building and USPS begins to update the tracking information, the status will change from "Shipped" to "In Transit." Then, once it reaches you, naturally it changes to "Delivered."
These times are "guidelines" as sometimes parts are out of stock or there are bottlenecks in the construction process. I've had an order marked as "shipped" since Oct. 2nd and the order hasn't been populated with a tracking number yet. This is well within parameters so I'm not sweating yet. If Nov. rolls around (20+ business days since going into "shipped") I might start to consider asking some questions.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by h2soy.

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21673

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Hello mate and welcome to the Forge!

Have you read the FAQ?

I'm pretty sure that over there, you can find the answer you're looking for ;)

When did you process your order? Through Etsy or the main website?

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21675

• RagnarTheRed
I ordered from the main page.

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21677

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Have you read the extract h2soy got you from the FAQ?

It's all in there mate ;)

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21678

• RagnarTheRed
OK thank you

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21746

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Something the FAQ doesn't really make clear to me:

Does this mean my saber has entered the build cue, or did the email I got a week ago indicate that? Does this status update mean anything?

Also, will I get an email when my saber actually ships, or do I just have to refresh the USPS page to learn that info.

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21748

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 415
Well my friend I think that is a message to the post office to come and pick up your saber for shipment!

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21749

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
I received my tracking# 10/21/15 same type of page. the next block will eventually refresh and say that it was picked up. Or that's is what mine is doing. 3rd block says departed post office time date . So i'm pretty sure it's soon to be picked up for shipment!

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21750

• Crims
  • Thank you received: 3
From what I can tell, it means that they're gonna send it out sometime 'soon' but it hasn't been sent yet. I wouldn't freak out too much yet, mine has been in that status for a bit over a week. Hopefully yours updates to say the package has been picked up soon though!

Again, things are probably a little off kilter there so patience is your friend.

I think you will have to wait for the USPS status update - but if you check the right side of the page they can actually text or email you any further updates so you don't have to refresh obsessively.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Crims.

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21751

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
Thanks so much everyone!

In case you can't tell, I'm kinda getting nervous being so close, yet so far away from my saber. The last ten and a half weeks haven't been nearly this bad and I can't understand how people who wait 16+ weeks can stay sane.

Again, thanks for the renewed hope and understanding, now my patience will surely be tried in these next days.

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21752

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
I agree, but my order was handled thru custom shop. That might be the reason my USPS info has refreshed multiple times with a delivery date expected tomorrow. In bold print it states IN TRANSIT however it Departed USPS facility this morning 10/22 @ 03:26 Oregon time. I have not received update yet for east coast delivery. Long plane ride I hope. So I will repost when I have new info. Stand Fast!

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21772

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 709
You can specifically thank Kyntiri for that, since he is covering the shipping while they search for someone to replace their shipping agent who unexpectedly quite last Monday.

So, for all you do Kyntiri, on behalf of all of us...Thanks man! You freakin' rock!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21834

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
Brax wrote:
So, for all you do Kyntiri, on behalf of all of us...Thanks man! You freakin' rock!

I feel like this doesn't get said often enough. Especially considering how much Knytiri helped before even being a saberforge employee. Really, thank you

USPS preshipment info? 8 months 1 week ago #21846

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
Agreed ! Unfortunate that he landed a dream job that many of us would luv to have. Only to show up into what must seem like a nightmare! Good Luck Kyntiri stay positive!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1