Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Has 2,000 users

Forum Has 2,000 users 2 days 16 hours ago #22048

I believe I was the forum's 2000th member
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Forum Has 2,000 users 2 days 8 hours ago #22060

• Coot83
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Like received: 3
Knytiri wrote:
Asked about a second giveaway, Phil said "not at this time"

Totally understandable; he's just got way too much on his plate at the moment.

When things calm down, I'm going to be looking into a couple other programs we can run on the forums. It might just be after the holiday season.

I agree with you there. I think it would be fun when the demand slows down a bit to start having fun events with the forums. I personally would wait until the new year starts to unveil what you might have planned. That way we can all have a nice fresh reset.

Coot

Forum Has 2,000 users 1 day 4 hours ago #22176

• Autski
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Like received: 5
I'm number 1775. Pretty slick
In Repair: Avenger, Arctic Blue, 12w Champion Edition

Forum Has 2,000 users 1 day 1 hour ago #22189

• =Ottomatix=
  • Premium Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Like received: 7
A milestone for sure, but not worthy of a contest or giveaway. This service is free, and I can't come up with a legitimate reason for a gift. 2000 members only means there will be more crying about how long it takes or, have you got yours yet? I'm new to forums in general and it seem that the majority of post are people expressing their dissatisfaction with delivery times. Is this normal with other forums? Why give something away that's not earned or appreciated !
B) Just Saying ! !

Forum Has 2,000 users 21 hours 49 minutes ago #22219

• Brax
  • Platinum Member
  • Like received: 97
If you notice, most of that those type of posts are coming from our new members who are going through this process for the first time. Their anxiety is perfectly understandable, and we do our best to instill in them a sense of trust that they have not been screwed out of their investment in a saber, and that they have not been forgotten. At times like these, when wait times are some of the longest they have ever been, it gives folks a long time to entertain their worst fears.

Our job, as folks who have been though this process at least once or multiple times, is to point them to the FAQ so that they make intelligent decisions about their first purchase, have their expectations set to realistic levels, become informed about the steps involved, and guide them to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. when we have done all of the above. Between all of that, the hope is that they will find some relief from the crushing anxiety and be able to go the distance until that fateful day when their Tolbelrone of Joy arrives carrying the saber of their dreams!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Forum Has 2,000 users 21 hours 35 minutes ago #22223

• galade120
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Like received: 5
=Ottomatix= wrote:
A milestone for sure, but not worthy of a contest or giveaway.
Back when the forum first started they were going to have a 2000 member drawing for an exalted, but that didn't happen soon enough as they hoped so they bumped it back to 1000 members for a gladius.
:side:
Also I was member 360 something
:whistle:
Own: 6w Amber warrior resilient, 6w green warrior consular, 6w green champion arbiter w/qds

Want: custom disciple, archon, bane, exalted
User 425

Forum Has 2,000 users 21 hours 29 minutes ago #22225

• SupremusTotus
  • Like received: 2
You guys have done a bang up job of putting my mind at ease, that's for sure. :)

Forum Has 2,000 users 21 hours 25 minutes ago #22226

• Brax
  • Platinum Member
  • Like received: 97
Good! If we can't be a support system for each other at the very least, then what would be the point?

Oh, and it looks like I was member #420. Kind of surprising how many users I saw created that never posted even once. Obviously, a lot were just jumping in hoping to score that free saber. :huh: :blink: :pinch:
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Forum Has 2,000 users 21 hours 17 minutes ago #22228

• =Ottomatix=
  • Premium Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Like received: 7
Exactly my point! " Not earned or appreciated !" At least some people here are giving good advice and being helpful ! So much info to digest for first timers. It can truly be overwhelming !

Forum Has 2,000 users 21 hours 17 minutes ago #22229

• SupremusTotus
  • Like received: 2
How many of the SF Forum Veterans jumped on ASP? I'm curious if we all collectively freaked out or if it was more of the newer arrivals to the hobby?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 2035
  • Latest Member: dm_ant
  • Total Posts: 18.2k
  • Total Topics: 1441
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 71