Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Second Saber ordered!! :)

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 23 hours ago #21783

• Ian O
  • Premium Member
  • The more you sweat in practice, the less you'll bleed in combat.
  • Like received: 6
So I finally pulled the trigger on my second saber, one that I've had my eye on ever since the moment I seen it - an initiate dual tone Reborn with all silver claws, that I intend to eventually upgrade to a 12+ Pink Champion, once the plug and play electronic kits are released.
I intend to buy all initiate level sabers until I've got all the hilts I want without missing out on any that are limited edition, then upgrading them afterwards.

Anyway.
I ordered from Etsy, which has a waiting time of 5-6 weeks plus another 5-10 working days wait for lead time, which got me thinking.
I always thought that SF's Etsy stock was put aside specifically for Etsy orders. So why is it that the waiting time is so long? Especially for a hilt that will be empty.
It's more than likely not the case but I would have thought that it's as simple as just taking one off the shelf and popping it into the post.

I'm not complaining and I actually don't mind the wait time at all, as I get something awesome at the end of it, it's just something that popped into my head and made me curious so I thought I'd ask about it :)
Own:
- 12W Green Champion Guardian

Waiting:
- Reborn DT

Want:
- Avenger
- Exhalted
- Mauler Staff
- Relic
- Sorcerer Staff
- Vengeance
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 23 hours ago #21785

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
Real happy for you on your second buy!

However, can't help you with the rest, I'm curious as well :)
1. You are looking at my signature.
2. Now you think "Of course I am, you bloody idiot!"
4. You did not realise I skipped bullet point 3.

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 22 hours ago #21786

• h2soy
  • Platinum Member
  • Curio Collector
  • Like received: 96
I always thought that SF's Etsy stock was put aside specifically for Etsy orders. So why is it that the waiting time is so long? Especially for a hilt that will be empty.
It's more than likely not the case but I would have thought that it's as simple as just taking one off the shelf and popping it into the post.
They fulfill orders in the order they receive them, hence the regular wait time for initiate hilts. Etsy has been inundated with the perfect storm of TFA, Christmas, and Halloween orders so wait times are grossly distended.

Accurate Visual Representation of Etsy's Queue
Wish List: Arbiter, Count, Insurgent, Regal, Ka'Tano
Last Edit: 1 day 22 hours ago by h2soy.

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 22 hours ago #21787

• Ian O
  • Premium Member
Faethien wrote:
Real happy for you on your second buy!

However, can't help you with the rest, I'm curious as well :)

Thanks, I'm super excited!! :)

h2soy wrote:
They fulfill orders in the order they receive them, hence the regular wait time for initiate hilts. Etsy has been inundated with the perfect storm of TFA, Christmas, and Halloween orders so wait times are grossly distended.

So am I right in thinking that for initiates, they'd usually just grab one off the shelf and send it out, had there not been, as you said - the perfect storm of orders?
I know that they've got to do the orders in the order they receive them, that's the reason I actually don't mind the wait :)

I laughed way too much at that picture haha
Own:

Waiting:
- Reborn DT

Want:
- Avenger
- Exhalted
- Mauler Staff
- Relic
- Sorcerer Staff
- Vengeance

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 22 hours ago #21788

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
h2soy wrote:
Accurate Visual Representation of Etsy's Queue

Ah ah ah ah!!! Excellent! Absolutely excellent!!
1. You are looking at my signature.
2. Now you think "Of course I am, you bloody idiot!"
4. You did not realise I skipped bullet point 3.

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 22 hours ago #21789

• Knytiri
  • Administrator
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Like received: 230
In very basic summary, etsy orders are hilts that are pre-built to standard slecs, but this doesn't actually mean they're built when you buy them, they're generally in some stage of machining still. The 4-6 week wait is literally your order waiting it's turn to be sent to production. Initiate hilts go through production much faster for obvious reasons lol.

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 22 hours ago #21790

• CulinaryJedi
  • "I am Revan reborn. And before me you are nothing."
  • Like received: 2
Congrats!! I've had the itch to order another saber since I purchased my Reborn, but haven't pulled the trigger as of yet (mostly because I can't decide, but also because I want to wait and see what's coming out soon haha).

I'm in week 5 right now, with Tuesday being exactly 5 weeks since purchase. I know SF is extremely busy with orders because of Halloween, the Holidays, and TFA being so soon, but I'm hoping my saber is coming up soon on the queue. I can't wait for it to get here. Etsy says I can leave a review on Nov 6, so very hopeful!
Fallen 12W Purple
Epoch 6W Cyan
Next to Arrive: Reborn 12W+ Indigo DT
Next Order:....TBD

Second Saber ordered!! :) 1 day 22 hours ago #21792

• Ian O
  • Premium Member
Knytiri wrote:
In very basic summary, etsy orders are hilts that are pre-built to standard slecs, but this doesn't actually mean they're built when you buy them, they're generally in some stage of machining still. The 4-6 week wait is literally your order waiting it's turn to be sent to production. Initiate hilts go through production much faster for obvious reasons lol.

Ah I see, I thought they were already pre built an ready to go.
So is there a chance I'll be getting mine a bit earlier than the 5-6 weeks since it's only an initiate?

CulinaryJedi wrote:
Congrats!! I've had the itch to order another saber since I purchased my Reborn, but haven't pulled the trigger as of yet (mostly because I can't decide, but also because I want to wait and see what's coming out soon haha).

I'm in week 5 right now, with Tuesday being exactly 5 weeks since purchase. I know SF is extremely busy with orders because of Halloween, the Holidays, and TFA being so soon, but I'm hoping my saber is coming up soon on the queue. I can't wait for it to get here. Etsy says I can leave a review on Nov 6, so very hopeful!

I'm on day 2 into this wait and I've already started saving for my next saber haha. €80 saved so far ha a bit more to go before I can order another one
It took me ages to settle on the reborn too, I was just about to order the Exhalted, then I decided I want the Crystal Reveal version which was a little bit too expensive right now, even as an initiate which works out as roughly €270 plus shipping.

I'm going to save as much as I can by Christmas and see if SF give out a discount coupon like they did last year and see how many hilts I can afford.
Maybe even for Black Friday, I seem to remember them doing something for that last year too
Own:

Waiting:
- Reborn DT

Want:
- Avenger
- Exhalted
- Mauler Staff
- Relic
- Sorcerer Staff
- Vengeance
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 2015
  • Latest Member: chenlili
  • Total Posts: 17.8k
  • Total Topics: 1420
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 71
  • Today Open: 0