Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Duracell Commercial

New Duracell Commercial 6 months 3 weeks ago #22399

• 308BJP
  • Thank you received: 17
This hits so close to home. This perfectly captures life at my house with my son and daughter. Except we have better LED sabers ;)

https://www.facebook.com/therpf/videos/10153659398052243/?pnref=story
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Duracell Commercial 6 months 3 weeks ago #22401

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 229
I really like this commercial too. Whenever I grasp one of my sabers I find myself feeling distinctly "unadult" which is a very very good thing.
Wish List: Rebel, Count, Insurgent, Regal, Legacy 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: 308BJP

New Duracell Commercial 6 months 3 weeks ago #22410

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 596
I don't want to get the genres mixed up here, but I think Capt. James T. Kirk said it best when talking to the Caretaker in the Original Series episode "Shore Leave".

"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play".

I would say that being an adult, bearing all of the responsibilities of maintaining a house, and raising a family have solidified my opinion that in order to stay young, you have to allow yourself to be a kind once in awhile!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

New Duracell Commercial 6 months 3 weeks ago #22569

• Hellrazoromega
  • Premium Member
  • “Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.”
  • Thank you received: 6
I still hold that growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. All too often when we speak of "growing up" in context of an adult and we seem to forget the wonderment and joys of being a child.

New Duracell Commercial 6 months 3 weeks ago #22592

• Drej
  • Thank you received: 7
Super cool commercial. It's crazy how much appeal it still has to newer generations. My kids love lightsabers and Star Wars even though they still haven't seen any of the movies (just a little bit of Clone Wars). I've tried to sit down with them and watch the originals but I think they're a bit young yet. However, they still love things Star Wars. I "duel" with my boys all the time with their toy sabers. I play for fun and they play for keeps. I usually walk away with bruised knuckles.
"Remember: Your focus determines your reality."

New Duracell Commercial 6 months 3 weeks ago #22624

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 596
Yup, that sounds about right for dueling with the kids, but in the end, it is worth it. Those are memories you keep forever.

My boys and I still do that, although they are old enough to exercise some restraint now, and our common love of Star Wars has given us something to have in common for a lifetime. Needless to say, they will be attending the early showing of The Force Awakens with me on Dec. 17, and every other Star Wars premier for as long as they happen, or I check out of this plane of existence...whichever comes first!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: h2soy

New Duracell Commercial 6 months 2 weeks ago #22652

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Brax wrote:
Needless to say, they will be attending the early showing of The Force Awakens with me on Dec. 17, and every other Star Wars premier for as long as they happen, or I check out of this plane of existence...whichever comes first!

Hopefully we all check out of this plane of existence before the Star Wars saga ends, but realistically, I hope you and your boys have a great number of premières to go to before you check out mate! ;)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Wait Begins! 3.0 (1589 Posts)
    • Quote: Clearly my powers of observation are not exactly at Sherlock Holmes' level. They may well just be...
    • VV Graflex TFA Edition! (6 Posts)
    • Nice to see the VV Graflex 2.0's turned out well! I got one of the empty kits Korbanth and did a TFA...
    • Ah ha. Thanks for the screenshot OvrcAHst, I hadn't noticed it there. Clearly my powers of...
    • Quote: Aren't we supposed to get a USPS tracking number with our "Shipped" email? Yes. Usually in the...
    • Andi-Jae EL, (and any Others that may have been following) further from my previous Post.. Quote: I am now...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4181
  • Latest Member: Flame
  • Total Posts: 41.9k
  • Total Topics: 3064
  • Total Sections: 19
  • Total Categories: 101
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 77
  • Yesterday Answer: 174