Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Acolyte questions

Acolyte questions 8 months 3 days ago #22875

• alongwargame
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi all, i want to go and purchase my first Light Saber i picked the Acolyte as i liked the designed of the weathered version the most of all current saber designs offered by saber forge.

I have some questions though based on the warrior offering:

1: Do these sabers come with the V4 blade? i want to go for the 32 inch version.
2: What lenght of blade plug will fit in the acolyte? 1.5 inch or 3.25 inch? I could not find this information.
Also is it true that true that the blade plug is not a flush fit? i saw some posts where you could clearly see quit a bit of LED light bleed because the plastic base was a bit too long and the light was fully channeled through the metal ring with little holes, if this is the case, does saberforge provide the service to custom fit this plug so its flush?

3: i see that this hilt has 2 buttons and 1 charger port. is it possible to have button one to act as lignting up and power down the Light saber only with light. and button to to do the same but than only with the base sound. i would like to chose when i turn on the light saber with or without sound by using either of both buttons to do that, i am not sure if saberforge could customize this?

* A bit confused because both weathered and unweathered acolyte show different button configurations but i guess that is based on the tier and i am guessing the warrior or up tier has 2 buttons?

*Reason i live in Hong Kong in a very small house with my family, i noticed the sound is very strong on these light sabers so i dont want to wake up the entire house when i am messing around with it at night.

4: with a 12w LED and a blood orange color will it wash out the blood orange to a brighter (light) color? especially at the base i can see that lighter LED colors have a bright lighter color than the actual color, with the V4 blades i understood the light is spreaded more equally to the tip so perhaps a 6V LED is better? i want the Saber clearly visible in the dark but am a bit afraid the 12w LED is so bright it lights up alot more area than only the saber.

5: those earlier two mentioned buttons on the acolyte can they both be configured with a led ring surrounding the buttons?

6: i heard this particular model has reported on potential woble on either hilt and or hilt/saber due the single retentions screw point. I have one thing i hate most and that is when something wobles on all my airsoft stuff etc it really has to be rock solid otherwise it will enoy the crap out of me, do you have any woble issue on your Acolyte hilt/saber?

Sorry for all these questions, thank you for your kind help!
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by alongwargame.
The topic has been locked.

Acolyte questions 8 months 3 days ago #22876

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 335
Hello! A quick read of the Saber Forge FAQ will answer most of these questions (for future reference).
1: Do these sabers come with the V4 blade? i want to go for the 32 inch version.
Yes. When you order you specify which length you want (website) or make a note at time of purchase (etsy).
2: What lenght of blade plug will fit in the acolyte? 1.5 inch or 3.25 inch? I could not find this information.
It's 1.5. Since the emitter is slanted having it 100% will make it tricky to remove it. Shortening the plug is an easy mod with a hacksaw.
3: i see that this hilt has 2 buttons and 1 charger port. is it possible to have button one to act as lignting up and power down the Light saber only with light. and button to to do the same but than only with the base sound. i would like to chose when i turn on the light saber with or without sound by using either of both buttons to do that, i am not sure if saberforge could customize this?
Not technically possible, the soundboards don't work like this.
* A bit confused because both weathered and unweathered acolyte show different button configurations but i guess that is based on the tier and i am guessing the warrior or up tier has 2 buttons?
That's a "dummy" (not working, but there for aesthetics) button on the warrior.
4: with a 12w LED and a blood orange color will it wash out the blood orange to a brighter (light) color? especially at the base i can see that lighter LED colors have a bright lighter color than the actual color, with the V4 blades i understood the light is spreaded more equally to the tip so perhaps a 6V LED is better? i want the Saber clearly visible in the dark but am a bit afraid the 12w LED is so bright it lights up alot more area than only the saber.
A great deal of light will "bleed put" with both 6w or 12w. 12w will look better.
5: those earlier two mentioned buttons on the acolyte can they both be configured with a led ring surrounding the buttons?
Only activation.
6: i heard this particular model has reported on potential woble on either hilt and or hilt/saber due the single retentions screw point. I have one thing i hate most and that is when something wobles on all my airsoft stuff etc it really has to be rock solid otherwise it will enoy the crap out of me, do you have any woble issue on your Acolyte hilt/saber?
Usually the "wobble" is a result of people being a bit too cautious about screwing the blade in tight enough.

Acolyte questions 8 months 3 days ago #22877

• alongwargame
  • Thank you received: 21
Awesome thank you very much for your kind reply!

Last few questions, the blade plug is not included with the champion edition correct? also is the covertech knob on the hilt is that one also weathered when i order a weathered hilt and the same for the kill key?

I saw a tuturial video on this hilt and there is a option to adjust the volume on the soundboard but i suspect you do not have a option to mute all sound in that same menu?

also i heard this hilt has several sharp edges, is it possible that saber forge can help me to amend this on a extra charge base? as i do not have any of such tools to do so.

lastly if i order and pay per paypal i did not see a option for shipping to Hong Kong, i am afraid the price will have to be amended after i made the payment for shipping cost.

I already send emails regarding this, but have not yet received any answers, could you please let me know if i can just go ahead with ordering from the website and pay per paypal, as i am not certain about the shipping to hong kong.

Thank you!

ps i am additionally also interested in the saberforge rebel hilt but it seems that you no longer carry it, will you make them again? because i am a big fan of kanan :P
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by alongwargame.

Acolyte questions 8 months 3 days ago #22878

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 335
Last few questions, the blade plug is not included with the champion edition correct? also is the covertech knob on the hilt is that one also weathered when i order a weathered hilt and the same for the kill key?
Yes, I believe so.
I saw a tuturial video on this hilt and there is a option to adjust the volume on the soundboard but i suspect you do not have a option to mute all sound in that same menu?
Not sure, never tried it.
also i heard this hilt has several sharp edges, is it possible that saber forge can help me to amend this on a extra charge base? as i do not have any of such tools to do so.
A nail file/emery board does well enough, no special tools needed. The Acolyte doesn't have any sharp edges to speak of.
lastly if i order and pay per paypal i did not see a option for shipping to Hong Kong, i am afraid the price will have to be amended after i made the payment for shipping cost.
Hmmm. Not sure about this one. Only This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. can answer for sure.
I already send emails regarding this, but have not yet received any answers, could you please let me know if i can just go ahead with ordering from the website and pay per paypal, as i am not certain about the shipping to hong kong.
I would suggest you wait a bit longer for an answer and try again after a day or so; it takes several business days to get a reply. Knytiri, an admin will also see this thread since, technically, it's in the wrong spot.
i am additionally also interested in the saberforge rebel hilt but it seems that you no longer carry it, will you make them again? because i am a big fan of kanan
I've been told it'll be available again in later winter. Several components are available from the saber builder but not the whole thing.

Acolyte questions 8 months 3 days ago #22879

• galade120
  • Thank you received: 6
Blade plugs come with all sabers and all tiers(except for thin neck sabers like the prodigal son or exalted), and yes there is a mute option on the champion tier sound boards however the boot sound when you pull the kill key still happens.
Own: 6w Amber warrior resilient, 6w green warrior consular, 6w green champion arbiter w/qds

Want: custom disciple, archon, bane, exalted
User 425
Last Edit: 8 months 3 days ago by galade120.

Acolyte questions 8 months 3 days ago #22915

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
alongwargame wrote:

All sabers come with a blade plug, but apprentice sabers (like the acolyte) have had a more simple blade plug in the past (Aluminum, with a single lit ring) but some have lately had ASP style blade plugs. IIRC this is because the hilt designs in apprentice sabers don't accommodate the shape of the elite blade plugs (the one you can order as an accessory)

Also, they assume you want your kill key the same finish as the hilt, unless you state otherwise in an order note or comment.
alongwargame wrote:

It depends on what tier you get. Warrior tiers have no sound (thus, no need to mute); champion tiers can cycle between 3 volumes: low, high, and mute; To mute a hero tier, you need to make one of the 6 sound fonts (which tell the saber what sound to play for clash, swing, etc.) have no sound files in it.

And yes, the boot sound still happens in a "muted" champion tier.

In case you haven't checked, please read the fourm FAQ which can answer a lot more of your questions.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 4 legged SW fans (3 Posts)
    • That dog would be in the lead or eating something. lol
    • Saberforge Day Blades (52 Posts)
    • Made a much better comparison video with the flicker off and no lights. ...
    • Saber Forge Katana Champi... (17 Posts)
    • I also posted a review of the V4 Infinity Edge Blades. I'm not sure where to put this, so, I figured...
    • Something.... NEW! (760 Posts)
    • This is not a Wait Begins. I am convinced it is Something New. Today marks a very special...
    • Custom Fury (6 Posts)
    • MaceWindex, that is exceptional work you have done and in downtime and when bored also. Can you...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4353
  • Latest Member: Oro
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3153
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 88