Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Cosplay Costumes

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22889

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 271
Hey everyone.
Seeing if you people out there are willing to share some jedi/sith costume cosplay pics.

Also, share some insight into your character and what you think was the hardest part to assemble in your costume?

I think i've made my choices in what I'm getting but truly finding the boots to be the most difficult to find if choosing a non-traditional cosplay. While also trying to keep within a certain budget, though quality is essential.

I've already gone through some web searching and even the cosplay section on the forum has some suggestions on where to find gear, any other references would be greatly appreciated.

Now, let's see those pics!
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by NeBosa.
The topic has been locked.

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22891

• PunsofDamage
  • Thank you received: 11
I'm out at the moment and my costume isn't quite complete but I can still answer some questions/will post pics of what I've got and the full thing when it's done!

Character: Ezhno
Force Alignment: Sith Lord/Assassin
Planet: Tatooine
Lives alone in the desert, occasionally dealing with the sand people but rarely. Works in the background to shape local settlements to how they want them to be. - Dresses in a way more becoming of a Jedi to disarm those who'd otherwise be apprehensive of a Sith. Favorite tactic is to befriend someone until a better opportunity arrives. Semi-sociopathic in regards to morality. - Robes are the color of the sand and also wears a hood to allow for stealth when trapping or fighting someone.

Costume components:
-Custom made robe (almost done!) out of sand-covered linen. (About $90 for high quality fabric that'll end up exactly as I want it to.
-Faux Leather Riding Boots ($15 off of Ebay!) If you're looking for boots, I highly recommend looking for women's boots on Ebay 2 sizes larger than your feet. Check back often- I got a lucky deal for some very high quality boots
-Belt ($85 off of Etsy from Saberforge) I actually acquired this in a trade but it's a Saberforge belt
-Weathered Gladius 12w+ Purple (Got this in a trade as well)
-Red 12w+ custom-made Arbiter on the way (probably won't be here until Christmas though :'(

I'll add pictures if I remember to when I get home!
"In a world world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big."

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22927

• Immortal Android
  • Own:Hasbro luke ep. 4 and 6 Disciple 12w blue Want: Dissident Vengeance Mauler Silver Knight Archon
  • Thank you received: 3
Just started assembling a Luke from ANH, the only thing that has come is the microtorch, but the belt the shirt are going to come soon.
If it aint broke, fix it till it is

User 1991

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22941

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Nice.
I believe I finalized a belt and boots. A little expensive. But I think those are key pieces.
I went thru http://www.legendarycostumeworks.com for the belt
and I found the boots on Etsy.

Just waiting to hear back on sizes for what I'm using instead of a tunic.

Then a couple other small details to finish it off. Like the obi, and gloves and some wraps. Maybe some coloured contacts...

Then possibly a mask (also on Etsy) which is a little expensive but I will leave for last. :unsure:
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by NeBosa.

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22980

• Moikuato-Darth Gourd
  • Thank you received: 1
My character I'm making is Darth Gourd. Darth Gourd bears a pumpkin mask that wards off evil spirits (look it up for the Origin of pumpkin/veggie carvings and masks if you want to know more). Anyway he wears a black helix coat and wears black formal slacks, as well as black shoes. He wears black gloves to keep his hands warm.

The clothes can be found in any clothing store from Ross to shoe stores.

I don't have the pumpkin mask yet because I'm looking for an affordable one. nothing crazy (found one who was willing to do it for $4k...I didn't want it that high just for a mask), also I don't have a lightsaber (yet).

I will edit this once I get a mask and the saber and post a picture.
"Those who stand on the top can decide the definition of evil. Justice will triumph because the strongest will become justice" -Unknown

I am PofATM

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22984

• Immortal Android
  • Own:Hasbro luke ep. 4 and 6 Disciple 12w blue Want: Dissident Vengeance Mauler Silver Knight Archon
im not sure what to use for lukes boots, they were wrapped half way up his legs. i think i could use white vans for the base, but i don't know what to use for the wrap. any ideas?

User 1991

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22985

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Immortal Android wrote:
im not sure what to use for lukes boots, they were wrapped half way up his legs. i think i could use white vans for the base, but i don't know what to use for the wrap. any ideas?

Maybe some women's leg warmers? tatter them up and tie them with hemp string?

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22986

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
I really think the boots and belt can make or break the costume.
I didn't wanna do it but looks like I'm gonna shell out $500 just for those 2 pieces.
It helps the fact they're custom made. Even the boots are custom made leather to my feet. So I guess that's a + but I won't be wearing them with anything else… so pretty costly just for a costume… still trying to convince myself if I should do it or not.
My buddy that has full trooper costume from the original 3 films thinks I should def go all out… :unsure: decisions decisions

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #22991

• Immortal Android
I found some leather that i will glue to some old boots, it coming together :cheer: I even filled the torch with butane, it leaks, but i just want it for the movie prop.

User 1991

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #23028

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 18
planing to cosplay Dooku as an jedi master with dark jedi robe and tunic

other than that one

starkiller in Cermonial robes
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #23035

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 439
What about these guys.!.!

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #23051

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
I dunno?

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #23052

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
But I've got my costume figured out.
Let The Gathering begin.
I'll update with pics once i receive the pieces and keep a few secret for a final reveal.

Cheers

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #23057

• Dav Yeager
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 50
Thats one thing I still have to do i've got my character and all I just got to get the money to make the costume and the guts to wear it
The light shall burn away the darkness

Cosplay Costumes 8 months 1 week ago #23058

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Ya.
Just assemble it in time. Look around for what's best for your budget and collect the pieces as you can for it. It's not like I'm wearing it daily, but I'd like to start going to more cons and expos so I'll wear it for that and for halloween and then just have some fun and take some pics to mess around with.
Just being a man-child
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP IGG issues (2 Posts)
    • The only folks who can truly answer these questions, and rectify any issues is Customer Service....
    • ASP IGG issues (2 Posts)
    • Hi all.I bought the ASP IGG 2 champion sabers perk,with a friend.My saber's great and all,maybe I'll...
    • Cyan or Mint Green? (7 Posts)
    • I'd actually recommend a Green/DeepBlue (Arctic Blue) combo for a Spark 2, since it offers the wider...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 32
  • Yesterday Answer: 72