Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Questions about replacing LEDs and other parts

Questions about replacing LEDs and other parts 1 year 7 months ago #1748

• IosefKoranison
  • Thank you received: 4
So I got a Venom saber several months ago, and there have been a few improvements in the design and function of the sabers since then. Brighter LEDs, changing the color of the saber just by twisting the hilt (wtf how?!), new hilts, more colors, etc.

This made me wonder if it's possible to replace the LEDs in my saber with the new 12w ones. And once I started thinking about that, I started having other questions. How much would cost to do that? If it is possible, what other things might I get swapped out or improved? Would it just be cheaper to buy a new saber?

I have no idea, I'm still really new to this community. Custom lightsabers, DIY projects... It's a whole new world for me!
The topic has been locked.

Questions about replacing LEDs and other parts 1 year 7 months ago #1749

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Welcome to the community! There certainly is a lot to learn. I've been trying to immerse myself as much as I can over the last year and I'm still learning new things every day. .

Regarding upgrades that SaberForge offers, I'm going to copy/paste a post from SaberForge's facebook page:

Did you know that SaberForge offers send in 12w LED/sound/recharge upgrades??

You can send in your SaberForge hilt and have a SaberCore, 12w LED, and in hilt recharge added for 180.00

You can send in your compatible UltraSabers hilt and have a SaberCore, 12w LED, and in hilt recharge added for 220.00

You can send in your compatible MHS/Custom hilt and have a SaberCore, 12w LED, and in hilt recharge added for 220.00

Keep in mind that you can request SaberForge to send back your original internal electronics if you go with one of these upgrade options.

I'd also imagine that it's possible to upgrade a champion hilt to a hero hilt, which features two 6W colors that can be merged into a single 12W color, 5 sound banks, and lots of other bells and whistles. This is the new hero soundboard that allows you to twist your saber to change colors, which is a pretty cool feature :) I do not know how much it would cost to upgrade a saber to a hero tier, though, you would have to contact saberforge directly about whether this is possible and how much it would cost.

Hope this is helpful!
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Questions about replacing LEDs and other parts 1 year 7 months ago #1757

• IosefKoranison
That's actually very helpful! Thanks! I wouldn't need to upgrade to a Hero hilt, unless they've changed it in the past few months since I got my saber, because my saber is a Hero. I have one of the new V3 blades, but I really want to get the 12w LEDs to make it really look awesome. And I want to upgrade everything I possibly can with this saber.

Do you know how long the hero soundboard has had the five different sound fonts? Because if it's been like that since I got my saber, then I clearly have been missing out on some features! XD

Questions about replacing LEDs and other parts 1 year 7 months ago #1764

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
The release video showcasing the new hero soundboard with interchangeable colors and five sound fonts was posted on October 26, 2014:

New Hero Spark Soundboard

Questions about replacing LEDs and other parts 1 year 7 months ago #1765

• IosefKoranison
Oh wow. I need to start paying attention to that YouTube channel! I've been missing out! Well I've definitely got some things to talk to the folks at Saberforge about. It'll be awesome if I can get my saber upgraded to the new LED and soundboard setup!

Questions about replacing LEDs and other parts 1 year 7 months ago #1766

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, their youtube channel was the main contributing factor that pushed me over the edge and convinced me to buy my first lightsaber replica last March. Their Facebook page is also a really good place to get updates on new products and offers.

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Sabercore sound menu manu... (3 Posts)
    • Quote: I don't know if there's an actual manual anywhere, but it's pretty straightforward. To enter config...
    • Recently Responded to Ema... (6 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Quote: It sounds like your question about crystal window styles didn't get answered. :lol: All I...
    • ASP "Interceptor&quo... (52 Posts)
    • ToyKeeper, Thank You. The threaded part is good to know. Much like unscrewing the jar of jam for my...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (141 Posts)
    • Dear Diary: It's me again.. still here.. it's been 26Weeks.. :unsure:...[image]
    • Monarch hero for combat (9 Posts)
    • Quote: I removed the 4 rails along the body from my Monarch yesterday and I have to say the comfort level...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3148
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 72