Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: What got you into Lightsabers?

What got you into Lightsabers? 2 years 11 months ago #2821

• Xelner
  • Premium Member
  • I didn't choose the Force...it chose me.
  • Thank you received: 11
I always wonder with any collector, what got that person started? Did your Dad let you keep the change all the time and you became a coin collector? Did you like the taste of glue so you got into stamps?

What about us? What got you interested in lightsabers and why do you collect them?

For me, I've always lived in a world with Star Wars (born in 1978). My little brother and I used to pretend to be Han and Luke. Sometimes we'd get the neighbor girl to be Leia but it was usually it was just us. I ALWAYS had to be Luke because he had a lightsaber. My Father had a tool, a Soldapullt, that was silver and black. It was my lightsaber so I hid it from my father. He wasn't using it...heck, I needed it to save the galaxy! My brother eventually grew out of Star Wars but I obviously didn't.

I have nearly 20 lightsabers now ranging from the cheap extendable "toys" to expensive customs and I don't plan on stopping.

Great thing is...a few years ago I found it in my parents basement so I asked if I could keep it. (I guess being older brings good manners)

Well, I still have it and I keep it with all the lightsabers. I put it in my hands and I'm that 5 year old boy vanquishing evil in the basement again.
The topic has been locked.

What got you into Lightsabers? 2 years 11 months ago #2824

• Errant Knight
  • Thank you received: 3
Like just about everyone else here I grew up with star wars(1981) for me and what kid didn't want a lightsaber.

As i got older I got more into medieval history and reenactment. I figured if I couldn't have a lightsaber a long sword was the next best thing. But My love of star wars was always there. About 6 years ago my parents got me the obiwan fx for Christmas. even at 27 years old I was like a kid again. I started looking around the internet and found US. I got a couple of stunts from them and an obsidian for my son. Nothing like having a family lightsaber fight on Christmas morning. Now that I have found SF I am totally addicted.
You want me to shake hands with you in hell? I shall not disappoint you!

What got you into Lightsabers? 2 years 11 months ago #2831

• Xelner
  • Premium Member
  • I didn't choose the Force...it chose me.
  • Thank you received: 11
Here it is...my original "lightsaber"

Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Xelner. Reason: Picture wasn't in the message
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Everything necessary for ... (1 Posts)
    • Hi all, just wanted to make sure I have all the right parts to purchase my first ASP saber: Emitter...
    • Saberforge Dissident Cust... (2 Posts)
    • That's an awesome looking saber, dude. I really like the shattered weathering and the wrap. I'm...
    • Sabercore 3.0 Swing Issue... (14 Posts)
    • Yeah I'm shipping off tomorrow. Not sure what else to do honestly.
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (114 Posts)
    • This what I was told today, so it would be a week or two from then.
    • Double Reveal MPP Coming ... (114 Posts)
    • Hey Brax is that 1-2 weeks from now?? or is it going to be ready this coming week?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6249
  • Latest Member: bendodgey77
  • Total Posts: 62.7k
  • Total Topics: 5272
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 41