Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Clone Wars - Rebels

Clone Wars - Rebels 1 month 9 hours ago #3085

• Obiwannabe
  • The Great Way has no gate, there are thousands of paths to it. If you pass through the barrier, you walk the universe alone.
  • Like received: 14
Any of you out there enjoying the new Rebels series? I think it's been pretty fun, but definitely has the Disney stamp on it. Seems aimed at younger audiences much more than Clone Wars ever did. With all the horseplay between Ezra, Zeb, and the droid. Also I understand why the makers of the show didn't want to give a blaster to a kid but glad that slingshot thing is gone and he has something more appropriate now. I know with Ashoka and the nicknames it was trying to appeal to kids but I feel Clone Wars had a much more serious undertone. Last weekend I finally got to watch all of the Lost Missions too. They were even more intense than the previous seasons. I love them, what a beautiful way to send it off, but I wish it could have continued. Was such a great show. Also just me or are the lightsaber blades in Rebels really thin?
It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist.
Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clone Wars - Rebels 1 month 9 hours ago #3087

• MystByte
  • Platinum Member
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Like received: 76
I haven't seen rebels yet, but it's downloaded! I'm currently on season 5 of the clone wars, and I love the show, especially how dark it was later on in the series. We need to remember though that seasons 1-2 of TCW were pretty childish as well, so hopefully rebels will grow as well

2x Warrior Level Acolytes Purple
Champ Resilient
The following user(s) said Thank You: Obiwannabe

Clone Wars - Rebels 1 month 5 hours ago #3102

• ZedLancastor
  • Like received: 15
I was thinking the same thing, the blades seem a lot thinner. Artistic vision and what not. :whistle: I love Rebels, and Clone Wars was an amazing show too, it got way more flack than it deserved.
When in doubt, bisect your enemy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Obiwannabe

Clone Wars - Rebels 4 weeks 1 day ago #3183

• Obiwannabe
  • The Great Way has no gate, there are thousands of paths to it. If you pass through the barrier, you walk the universe alone.
Thanks guys for the conversation here. It will be fun to follow Rebels and hopefully to see it grow and change the way The Clone Wars did. I see potential. It's cool to see another aspect of the rebellion different from what we know of in the original films. And good to know it wasn't just me thinking those sabers looked different.
I agree Zed, I feel The Clone Wars was a blast and didn't deserve a lot of what people said about it. One of the worst aspects of fans of something for me is when they start bashing stuff they are supposedly fans of because it doesn't fit how they think it should be. Star Wars is such a big galaxy, everyone can find something for themselves in it. But if you don't like some part of it, that doesn't mean it should be trashed. Just go and find another part of it that you do enjoy. I see this a lot with comics and this type of stuff. I guess the best you can say about that is that at least it gets people passionate.
Enjoy the rest of Clone Wars MystByte, especially season 6. And come back here and tell us what you thought when you've finished.
It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist.

Clone Wars - Rebels 4 weeks 1 day ago #3187

• MystByte
  • Platinum Member
Yea so far the Clone Wars has only gotten better. I just watched the Darth Maul returning arc, and it was amazing!

Champ Resilient
The following user(s) said Thank You: Obiwannabe, Darth Malgus

Clone Wars - Rebels 4 weeks 1 day ago #3188

• Obiwannabe
Yea so far the Clone Wars has only gotten better. I just watched the Darth Maul returning arc, and it was amazing!
That's one of my favorite parts, I actually got a dvd with that series in it. Asajj Ventress and Obi-Wan Kenobi are my favorite characters, loved seeing them team up. She is an under utilized character in my opinion. If the series continued they had a story arc called Dark Disciple with her and Quinlon Voss, whom I don't know much about, unfortunately we won't see it, but it will be a book published in July. My hope is that if they do a stand alone Kenobi movie Ventress will be in it! That would be so awesome.

Clone Wars - Rebels 4 weeks 1 day ago #3190

• MystByte
  • Platinum Member
Seeing Assaj ventress and Obi Wan team up was one of my favorite moments yet! i REALLY LOVE vENTRESS AS A CHARACTER AS well because she's not just another sith anymore. Sorry for the caps

Champ Resilient

Clone Wars - Rebels 4 weeks 1 day ago #3215

• ZedLancastor
  • Like received: 15
The series is really awesome, my dad loved it also and he's grown up with the original trilogy. I showed him Spark of Rebellion and he loved it too. My dad isn't really one to nerd over anything either, he's a very serious business type guy, but he just loves Star Wars. It's something he passed on to me, and I can't thank him enough because it gives me the opportunity to talk to as awesome people as you guys, and we can discuss such a subject with passion. Rebels I feel is going to surpass Clone Wars, because every episode so far has just been amazing.
When in doubt, bisect your enemy.

Clone Wars - Rebels 4 weeks 18 hours ago #3219

• MystByte
  • Platinum Member
That's the thing about Clone Wars. It can have some really really strong story arcs, but then are followed by some pretty mediocre arcs afterwards. It wasn't consistently awesome.

Champ Resilient

Clone Wars - Rebels 3 weeks 6 days ago #3419

• Obiwannabe
I found that some episodes I just wasn't that vested in, not really the series fault. Some of them just didn't grab me. So far I still prefer The Clone Wars over Rebels, mostly because Obi-Wan and Ventress are in them and not Rebels, but I will continue with it. After all it's a weekly adventure in the Star Wars galaxy, hard not to like that. And it's always cool to see someone fighting the empire.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hmmm. (13 Posts)
    • Sounds like a solid choice! You'll be happy with it!
    • Hmmm. (13 Posts)
    • That is a gorgeous hilt you got. I hope mine turns out that nice... I have decided, at long last, on...
    • Hmmm. (13 Posts)
    • I was always skeptical of the Gladius craze, simply because I like to distance myself from fads, but...
    • What is the best hilt for... (15 Posts)
    • Of the 6 ive bought, the one true love is the venomous fury. - Dueling: grenade grip is amazing....
    • Saber giveaway? (7 Posts)
    • I had the pleasant surprise of winning the raffle - here are some pictures of the Saber they gave...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1079
  • Latest Member: Darth Ruin
  • Total Posts: 5307
  • Total Topics: 502
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 48
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 130