Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: katana!!

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3588

• langdoc_bl
  • Like received: 2
I believe the katana is rather new and do not know how many have had the opportunity to handle these sabers yet but I still want to open this topic for discussion.

This saber is availiable in three different lengths making it more customizable than others. I have been considering what length would be ideal to make this a staff or/and dual weilding this saber. I currently own a Darth Maul force fx saber and know this is very long to swing around connected together for my 5'6" statue. Dual weilding is decent. Perhapse a little long on the blade lengths.

I ask you members, especially those who have this specific model, what are your thoughts on blade and hilt lengths for weilding single, dual, and staff?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3591

• Miraluka
  • Elite Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 52
langdoc_bl wrote:
I ask you members, especially those who have this specific model, what are your thoughts on blade and hilt lengths for wielding single, dual, and staff?

Just to be clear, are you asking about length of only the katana hilt, or hilts in general?
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by Miraluka.

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3597

• Darth Revan
  • Elite Member
  • "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
  • Like received: 54
I've been through them all and here's what I think

Single saber wielding: I prefer a long hilt I can hold firmly with both hands
Dual Wielding: I prefer two shorter but comfortable sabers, more easy to manipulate with only one hand. Having a good grip on each is a plus (leather grip)
Staff wielding: once again, this is my opinion. My staff must be long enough for me to be able to manipulate it with both my hands without feeling restrained in where I can put my hands, so two single saber wielding as I described them in my first description joined together is perfect! Once again it needs to be comfortable and I must have a good grip on it! No rough edges or bumps in the hilt!

Here you go, that's my opinion!
I own:
- Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
- Champion Green Epoc
- Warrior Green Epoch
- Warrior Red Acolyte
- Waiting to buy staff
The following user(s) said Thank You: langdoc_bl

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3603

• langdoc_bl
Mostly focusing on the katana but your opinions about any saber will be useful.

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3605

• Darth Revan
  • Elite Member
  • "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
If I apply this to the Katana hilt, it gives us:

1- Katana (12.5 inches) (Single saber)
2- Tanto 10.5 inches (For dual wield)
3- 2 Katanas linked by a saber staff ((12.5 + 12.5)For a staff)
I own:
- Champion Green Epoc
- Warrior Green Epoch
- Warrior Red Acolyte
- Waiting to buy staff

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3606

• MystByte
  • Platinum Member
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Like received: 60
Darth Revan wrote:
If I apply this to the Katana hilt, it gives us:

1- Katana (12.5 inches) (Single saber)
2- Tanto 10.5 inches (For dual wield)
3- 2 Katanas linked by a saber staff ((12.5 + 12.5)For a staff)
Those 2 Katanas will be 99 inches with blades!!!

Sabers I have:
2x Warrior Level Acolytes in Purple
Champion Level Resilient in Yellow (will get mid Mar

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3607

• Darth Revan
  • Elite Member
Did you calculated that using staff blades (32 inches)? I get 89 inches! I'ts 7.41 feets. That's the average lenght of a saberstaff my friend. My first saberstaff was WAY taller than me (5"7)! Think about it! If a saber (hilt + Blade) is around 49 inches, a staff just can't be short!

Get used to it, you're planning on ordering one!
I own:
- Champion Green Epoc
- Warrior Green Epoch
- Warrior Red Acolyte
- Waiting to buy staff

katana!! 2 weeks 1 day ago #3613

• langdoc_bl
Thanks for the replies. I will consider the longer length hilt as you have a preference for. Since all I have to go by as far as length and feel is my Darth maul saber, my sharp ninja sword and Blade movie sword, and ninja bokken swords, I do not know what it would feel like to handle a longer hilt\handle than these.
I feel the overall length of my Darth maul staff is too long. If I did go with the staff option I would prob use the shortest blades so I could still carefully swing it around in the house. As it is right now I only have two inches to spare with my staff vertical. Not much room for an OOPS!

katana!! 21 hours 18 minutes ago #4692

• langdoc_bl
Does anyone know how far the blade sits into the Katana hilt?
I know there are different blade lengths available. For instance the 37 inch blade unattached to the hilt would measure 37 inches. Once attached it would appear shorter wouldn't it?

katana!! 19 hours 39 minutes ago #4697

• Griffon
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Premium Member
  • I am Grey. I stand between the candle and the star. We are Grey. We stand between the darkness and the light.
  • Like received: 14
I am 6 feet tall and have always ordered 32 inch blades. Depending on the emitter you can still figure 40 inches or more length. As a reference the maximum length of a fencing foil is 42 inches with hilt. I would think that 28 inch blades would be enough on most staff designs. You are probably still looking at 6 feet or more total length depending on the selected hilt.

That is my opinion...
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• removal of the latching s... (5 Posts)
    • I wonder what Justin Polachek used for his chassis builds in SF hilts, Miraluka remember he did a...
    • Getting sound in my Warri... (5 Posts)
    • There's no way in hell an Ultimate FX board can power a 12w. Those things are pretty much the worst...
    • What else do you love? (20 Posts)
    • Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Doctor Who, Star Trek, LOTR, Marvel/ DC, not sure what else would fall...
    • What else do you love? (20 Posts)
    • Am a huge Doctor Who or The Doctor fan. Having difficulty with the new doctor 12 and where the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1055
  • Latest Member: Ewaxaxy
  • Total Posts: 4552
  • Total Topics: 441
  • Total Sections: 5
  • Total Categories: 19
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 106