Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Creation of a Saber

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5019

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Saberforge is working around the clock right now to get back on their normal schedule and offer new sabers and new options to its customers ASAP! But I can't help but to think: How are these beauties made! I mean, it takes some days and hard work to build!

What would be interesting/amazing would be to see a video made by the SaberForge team that brings us through the entire building process: Machinery, Weathering, adding electronics and so on! A video where we would follow the create of a particular saber from the beginning to the end!

I'm aware that it's something they might not want us to see for a good reason; dodge competition! On that part, I understand! But hey, don't you agree that it would be awesome? Discover what our sabers are going through, learn more about the process, see SF team in action (and meet their team) and being able to understand a little bit more about their quality standards and WHY do it takes so much time to complete orders (The guy is not complaining at all! The longer it takes, the better the quality is! And we must admit: SF sabers quality is undeniable)!

Who agrees with my idea? Maybe it will reach them at some point? Maybe they're gonna go meh... Or maybe they're gonna go YEAH, WHY NOT?
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff
The topic has been locked.

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5020

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
I actually think that would be a really good idea! I can see where your coming from saying that they might not want to, and i would totally understand if they didnt, or if they didnt want to right now, with the (soon to be) 6 new sabers and what like 20 something new wrap colours things might be slightly..busy lol. But i would definitely love to see something like that from them :)
Now..all we need is DarthMario to see this ;)
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5035

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
Eh. Doesn't really seem necessary to me but I guess that's just me.

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5038

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
They posted pictures of their workshop on their Facebook page when they leased the new location last year, I think that's as close we're gonna get to what you're talking about here, at least for the forceable future. It was cool to see all the different stations where they do machining/weathering, wiring, blades, packing, their break room, etc.

SaberForge Grand Opening

Also, the primary reason the lead time is 8-10 weeks is because of the sheer number of orders they receive. Building and assembling a saber doesn't take much time, relatively speaking. Getting a run of machined parts in from their supplier takes a couple weeks, doing the actual wiring installation maybe a day.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5039

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
Not necessary no, i mean the lack of such a video wouldnt stop me buying (again). I just think it'd be really cool to see maybe give us a bit of appreciation for everything that goes into our pride and joys :)
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5041

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Thank you received: 62
Wait, Saberforge doesn't actually machine the pieces themselves? Huh. TIL

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5042

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
No, they send the designs for parts to a supplier overseas. Once SF receives the machined parts, they clean them up, make adjustments, do the weathering, and the electronics. This allows them to keep costs low for their customers.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5045

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
supercookster401 wrote:
Not necessary no, i mean the lack of such a video wouldnt stop me buying (again). I just think it'd be really cool to see maybe give us a bit of appreciation for everything that goes into our pride and joys :)

Well I don't know how everyone feels, that's why I said it's just me. I already get the process and appreciate it.
Wouldn't be on my list of priorities, though. That's all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: supercookster401

Creation of a Saber 1 year 4 months ago #5047

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
DarthMario95 wrote:
They posted pictures of their workshop on their Facebook page when they leased the new location last year, I think that's as close we're gonna get to what you're talking about here, at least for the forceable future. It was cool to see all the different stations where they do machining/weathering, wiring, blades, packing, their break room, etc.

SaberForge Grand Opening

Also, the primary reason the lead time is 8-10 weeks is because of the sheer number of orders they receive. Building and assembling a saber doesn't take much time, relatively speaking. Getting a run of machined parts in from their supplier takes a couple weeks, doing the actual wiring installation maybe a day.

Yeah I was happy when they sent us those pictures! But now that you said they were obtaining pieces from a tier, I'm less interested now haha! Any way, a good old video where we follow a saber through his journey into the workshop would be nice, in my opinion!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515