Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hmmm.

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5293

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So, I'm looking to order a third hilt... (my JadeFire shipped today, hooray! It should be here... well. soon.) And I just... cannot decide.

I'm torn completely in three directions:

1 - Finally taking the "Sith" plunge and getting a red blade, on a dark hilt... looking at the Sinister Prophecy on this one. Seems like a beautiful, amazing hilt... and I can't justify NOT getting it.

2 - Staying on the "Lightside" of things and going with the Fury, or Epoch. Leaning towards the Fury in this particular instance because the Epoch just looks.. ouch. Those angles look sharp and uncomfortable to grip. I do have gloves, but still, don't want to have to be super careful while using my saber to avoid damaging myself. Looking at this one in an Amber or Yellow blade.

Annnnd...

3 - The classic, the Gladius. Having played SW:ToR for... many years now... and just recently finding and falling in love with SaberForge, I haven't really had a chance to beef up my collection here just yet and I know this basically is a staple hilt, lol. It really is gorgeous and I wouldn't mind ever picking one up, I just don't know if I want to go for one of the above "flashier" hilts, or stick with something tried and true.

So here is where I turn to you all for some input on this. Anything to input on any of this would be very much appreciated in helping me make up my mind here... I would like to get the order in soon, after all. lol.

PS - For the moment I'm just getting a basic Warrior edition, with plans on upgrading to champion later on down the road, as I also have my eye set on that super cool vape mod they have a video out for...
The topic has been locked.

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5294

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Thank you received: 62
Well this is really all up to you, since everyone has unique opinions and tastes. If I had to pick, I would go with the Gladius of your selections. If you want a sith style hilt, I think the Venomous Fury is nicer than the Fury, but that's just my opinion.

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5296

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
DAT TOPIC TITLE O.o!

Just like Mystbyte said, asking for advices is wise, but at the end, your own opinion will win over any other arguments! Take me as an example: I spent a month asking everyone about which saber would make the most beautiful staff! I created a post, made a pool, and asked for everyone's opinion! I received a lot of advices and ideas! But in the end I ended up choosing the Sorcerer, a hilt that wasn't even in my pool!

All this to say: listen to YOUR feelings! Listening to the others is a good idea, but you could end up making a decision that you will regret! Read reviews, ask people for their opinion, but don't buy a saber because someone told you it is awesome: It is for him, but maybe not for you!

There is no better decisions than those we make by ourselves!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5297

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I get that, and I appreciate the sentiment, I just really am looking for more feedback on all three hilts (pros and cons) to better make my decision. Trust me, in the past month, while waiting for my first hilt from SaberForge, just about all I've done is watch videos and reviews and unboxings and all sorts of youtube craziness to try to ebb the impatience, lol. So I've seen several reviews on each, but am now asking for personal input, to try to make the best, and most educated, decision that I can.

And Myst: for the Sith style, I was looking at the Sinister Prophecy. The Fury was for my Lightside option. :) I don't particularly care for the Venomous Fury tho; nothing about it really stands out to me as unique and awesome. That's just me, tho. :)

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5306

• R1k0Ch3T
  • Thank you received: 1
I love the venomous fury. The aesthetic style fits light or dark side and it looks super practical. I...won't have mine for awhile but from all I see it's one of my favorites. It's simple yet sinister and I like it a lot. lol

I think as a SW:TOR fan the Gladius is a great option though. That'll probably be my 4th hilt for the same reason :lol:

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5417

• Knytiri
  • Banned
The more I look at the Venomous Fury, the more it does grow on me. I do like the nice, streamlined look, but the grenade section looks to offer nice solid grip on it.

So, now my decision is down to... Sinister Prophecy in Red, or Gladius, with the dark green leather wrap and mint green blade. Maybe even on a weathered hilt. Hmm.

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5419

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Display or dual? Thats the first thing I ask when someone asks this question on here.

My wife has a Sinister Prophecy in aqua coming, cant wait to see it. Between everything I have read, people LOVE the gladius. Im planning on getting one at some point. What I like about the SP though, is its like a flashier Luke Skywalker saber. Yes I realize it doesnt look like a graflex, but something about it says alternate skywalker saber. The clean venomous fury looks like a badass sith saber to me. Like an alternate vader with the black and silver?

I realize none of this prob helps......

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5423

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Oh, definitely duel. I don't really have a saber that just sits around and looks pretty, lol.

I always look at the weathering on the Sinister Prophecy and think Sith, but I can totally see what you mean looking at the standard finish. The Venomous Fury is another one that I can see going both ways, depending on how you customize it...

Which brings me to the most amazing point ever. Ultrasabers, you look at their hilts and go "Oh this is Jedi, and this is Sith." And there's nothing you can really do to change that. Sure, they're MHS compatible, if you want to spend another 100+ bucks on different pommels and emitters to try to change the feel of the saber. But. SF, you don't have to spend all that extra to get a little custom dash added to your saber... And I love that.

Just thought I would share that. lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ModernJedi

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5431

• Jedi Knight
  • Rootinest Tootinest Jedi this side of the Kessel Run
  • Thank you received: 7
Though I don't know much about the other hilts, my Gladius is my favorite saber. Both dueling with and displaying the Gladius works well. I'm in sort of the same situation, looking to buy another but I can't decide between a few different hilt combinations!
Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5433

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I am leaning towards the Gladius alot at the moment, because of SW:ToR, and because of the overwhelming popularity of the hilt. I know I AM going to get one, it's just a matter of when... so I'm thinking... that just might be now. lol

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5520

• Aletani
  • Walking Through the Shadows Between Light and Dark
  • Thank you received: 109
I was always skeptical of the Gladius craze, simply because I like to distance myself from fads, but after feeling the exceptional balance and comfort of the hilt..... I LOVE IT!

Here are some more reasons:

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5521

• Knytiri
  • Banned
That is a gorgeous hilt you got. I hope mine turns out that nice... I have decided, at long last, on the Gladius, standard finish, with black stingray wrap and the mint green blade. With quick connects, so I can sample other colors down the road as well. I'm very excited for it already!

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5522

• Aletani
  • Walking Through the Shadows Between Light and Dark
  • Thank you received: 109
Sounds like a solid choice! You'll be happy with it!

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5535

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Ordered the Gladius, and was looking around today... and on the spur of a moment type thing, went ahead and grabbed a Champion Acolyte, weathered finish, 12W Red, with the crimson soundboard.

I now have... four sabers on their way from SF... and I don't even have one in my hands yet. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aletani

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5537

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
i'm in the same situation..one of mine has been sitting in customs for 6 days now..:(
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5538

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
Got this in yesterday!

I have 3 still coming. Redeemer, Sinister Prophecy, Reborn. I am debating on getting a Gladius OR upgrading the Reborn. Decisions! Thoughts?

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5539

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
  • Thank you received: 11
i say get the gladius..you'll end up doing both eventually i would say so start with another saber ;)
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5540

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
You bought this from a tier or SF made the gold finish??
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5541

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
I actually bought it used from a gentleman on Custom Lightsaber Owners, SaberForge, ParkSabers, UltraSabers, GCS, VV facebook group. It needs a little work, but I am up for the challenge! :)

Hmmm. 1 year 4 months ago #5542

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
supercookster401 wrote:
i say get the gladius..you'll end up doing both eventually i would say so start with another saber ;)

Would you say get the Gladius still if I was to say I was only getting the hilt for the Reborn? Was thinking of warrior 12w purple for that or warrior Gladius 12w yellow.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fallen SF Custom|Story so... (6 Posts)
    • Thank you Ex66, Quote: Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special...
    • Great review and write up! What a unique saber! Was your new fallen that special one-off? You have a...
    • [attachment] [attachment] vv Two Indigo's under different Lighting Conditions between a 32" and 37"...
    • [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] [attachment] ...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 87