Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Avenger Owners: Pommel Question

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 19 hours 25 minutes ago #5295

• Gyarados66
I recently contacted saberforge and found out I could get the Avenger pommel (my favorite one) on the Viper with Venom claws I plan on ordering for an extra $20 :cheer: . After looking at the photos of the weathered Avenger (I plan on getting my Viper weathered), I noticed that the pommel might not screw into the hilt where I thought it would. I assumed it was between the main hilt body and the "cog" end, but 1 photo in particular seems like it could be at the end of the hilt itself.

So I guess what I'm after is where the hilt body and the pommel screw together, so I know what the pommel might look like on the Viper body. I know I could email saberforge again, but I thought I might try and see if I could get an Avenger owner to help me out before I take up anymore of their valuable time.
Last Edit: 19 hours 24 minutes ago by Gyarados66. Reason: Condensed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 18 hours 53 minutes ago #5298

• MystByte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Like received: 73
This was discussed on Facebook quite recently. Let me fetch a link.

Edit: I can't find it, but they said that the pommel unscrews at the 1. on your picture. It also looks awesome as a staff

Sabers I have:
2x Warrior Level Acolytes in Purple
Champion Level Resilient in Yellow (mid March)
Last Edit: 18 hours 48 minutes ago by MystByte.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gyarados66

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 18 hours 21 minutes ago #5299

• Gyarados66
Thanks for the help!

My reasoning was that since it would only cost $20 more, it must not require any major work to be done, and since the Viper's body seems to be slimmer than the Avenger's, I thought it must unscrew at position 2. Though now that I know it is at position 1, it seems there would be some overhang on a Viper hilt.

That's strike two on that pommel now; I've also heard that due to how far inside the vent is it causes the saber to not be as loud :( .
This was discussed on Facebook quite recently

Do you mean the Saberforge page or that Custom Saber Owner's group?

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 16 hours 46 minutes ago #5300

• MystByte
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Like received: 73
The latter :)

Sabers I have:
2x Warrior Level Acolytes in Purple
Champion Level Resilient in Yellow (mid March)

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 16 hours 2 minutes ago #5301

• Darth Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things Revan… and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
  • Like received: 69
I might be totally wrong with what I'm going to say, but here I go!

My brother's viper has a bottom ''screw'' that seems to be attached to the hilt the same way the Avenger screw is (they look alike a bit)! If we consider that all thread pitches are now the same (allowing all sabers to be used to make a staff), almost every screws should fit on any other hilts! From that point, it is just a question of switching screws/pommels!

I might be wrong, but since all sabers are working on staff couplers, this would be the most logical explanation!
I own:
- Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
- Champion Green Epoc
- Warrior Green Epoch
- Warrior Red Acolyte
- Waiting to buy staff

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 15 hours 47 minutes ago #5302

• Paul_W
  • Like received: 1
Hey guys just want to let you know that the avenger is loud I wouldn't worry about that. I have it set on low. hope that helps?

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 14 hours 9 minutes ago #5304

• Miraluka
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 58
Darth Revan wrote:

My brother's viper has a bottom ''screw'' that seems to be attached to the hilt the same way the Avenger screw is (they look alike a bit)! If we consider that all thread pitches are now the same (allowing all sabers to be used to make a staff), almost every screws should fit on any other hilts! From that point, it is just a question of switching screws/pommels!

I might be wrong, but since all sabers are working on staff couplers, this would be the most logical explanation!

Last I heard, all hilts did not have the same thread pitch and not all parts were interchangeable. Some were, though.

If that has changed very recently, it must not have fallen on my ears. I would ask SF before you place an order.

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 13 hours 21 minutes ago #5305

• Gyarados66
Paul_W wrote:
Hey guys just want to let you know that the avenger is loud I wouldn't worry about that. I have it set on low. hope that helps?

It does! I watched a review vid recently on the Avenger and the person that posted it said it was quieter than his other sabers, (I assume he knew about the adjusting the volume since he mentioned his sensitivity and flicker settings), so that's what I was basing it off of.

Thanks for the input!

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 13 hours 11 minutes ago #5307

• Gyarados66
Miraluka wrote:
Darth Revan wrote:

Last I heard, all hilts did not have the same thread pitch and not all parts were interchangeable. Some were, though.

If that has changed very recently, it must not have fallen on my ears. I would ask SF before you place an order.

I emailed them earlier this month and got a reply a few days later. I expected either a "no" or "yes and it'll cost an arm and a leg", but it end up being just an additional $20.

The video introducing the Venomous Fury talks about "modular saberforge parts", but I assumed it only referred to the Viper, Venom, and VF, since they all share the same lower hilt and pommel.

In any case, I'll double check before I order to make sure the info is correct.
Last Edit: 13 hours 10 minutes ago by Gyarados66. Reason: video would't link

Avenger Owners: Pommel Question 11 hours 55 minutes ago #5309

• Miraluka
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 58
Yeah, the hilts are all modular except the apprentice hilts (and the Justicar?) but they aren't all compatible with each other. We had a thread about staff couplers where we discussed this. If they are all compatible now, that'd be pretty cool.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 12W Amber Venomous Fury -... (13 Posts)
    • Yesterday I took photo of all three lightsabers, I have :D I've been very surprised, how bright is...
    • Avenger Owners: Pommel Qu... (12 Posts)
    • From what I recall, a few of their hilts have interchangeable parts right now [VF, Venom, Fury, Viper] but that the goal is...
    • Avenger Owners: Pommel Qu... (12 Posts)
    • Yeah I seen that video and he had a different sound board. Crimson I believe its called. Not sure...
    • Calling All Gladius Owner... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Technical information: Physical dimensions - hilt length, and diameter Don't have this info at the...
    • Guardian KillKey (6 Posts)
    • I dunno exactly why your plug won't fit in a guardian but you could try the little plugs from TCSS....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1069
  • Latest Member: Master_Sam-Uel
  • Total Posts: 5111
  • Total Topics: 480
  • Total Sections: 5
  • Total Categories: 19
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 74