Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Fallen or Nah?

Fallen or Nah? 3 days 13 hours ago #5391

• Jedi Knight
  • Rootinest Tootinest Jedi this side of the Kessel Run
  • Like received: 6
Today is my birthday :cheer: and I think I'm going to treat myself to another saber from SaberForge. That being said, I don't particularly know what I want to get. Currently, I own a Royal Blue Gladius (My favorite saber of all time) and a White bladed Standard Battle Saber from... *gulp* Ultrasabers.... :sick:

I love the current Epoch, though I think the lower part of the hilt is a little barren. A standard finish with a green blade is the route I would go with the Epoch. I am also a Revan fan and really like the Fallen design. It's simple and looks durable. I would probably get a weathered Fallen with a Red blade, should I go that route. The issue with that is the price, as the Warrior edition is $250 including shipping rather than the Epoch at just $200. Not sure why there is a price difference since both hilts are $150. Finally, I like all the Obiwan/Luke inspired sabers such as the Redeemer and Exhalted. I think a weathered hilt with a blood orange blade would look excellent with either of those hilts.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. Curious to see what the SaberForge World thinks of it, always interested in what others have to say ;)
Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fallen or Nah? 3 days 13 hours ago #5393

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Like received: 14
Happy Birthday!

Honestly all those choices sound good! I have a current style Epoch coming today, warrior in 12w amber. If you really want a current Epoch you better do it now. They are being discontinued soon. They are doing a re-design for it. Check out Store News in the forums here and Future SF Releases for a prototype pic of the new style. Though here is a note, that saber isnt the best for dueling with bare hands. Draws blood. Beautiful hilt though, i love its design!
The Fallen doesnt do it for me personally, I would rather spend my money on a Reborn (and I did!) Though a Fallen weathered in red sounds pretty cool. I also have a Redeemer on order, should be here end of next month. That is my favorite saber of all time! I keep going back and forth on getting an Exalted. All the coolness of a thin neck, AND can be comfortably dueled with.

Are you planing on using it for display? Cosplay? Dueling?
Last Edit: 3 days 12 hours ago by ModernJedi.

Fallen or Nah? 3 days 9 hours ago #5409

• Jedi Knight
Mostly display, but I duel as well. Just general practicality, something that looks good but can be used as well. Anyway, I'm having a hard time choosing!

Thanks, by the way for the birthday wishes!

Fallen or Nah? 3 days 9 hours ago #5411

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Like received: 14
Of course! In that case, my suggestion is the Fallen or Exalted. Of course, take it with a grain of salt! You have to get what you want. It's your frakkin birthday!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Knight

Fallen or Nah? 3 days 9 hours ago #5416

• MystByte
  • Platinum Member
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Like received: 76
The epoch is $99, not $150

2x Warrior Level Acolytes Purple
Champ Resilient

Fallen or Nah? 3 days 8 hours ago #5432

• Jedi Knight
MystByte wrote:
The epoch is $99, not $150

There is the math mistake, I suppose. Me no good math...
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Price increase (7 Posts)
    • lol, I hope you guys are remembering to use coupons. That's the only thing holding my wallet...
    • Gladius Review (20 Posts)
    • I can say that the Gladius can indeed have quick dis-connects! My warrior came with them and is...
    • Kansas City (3 Posts)
    • I know that it's a few weeks late (almost a month to be exact) but I'm in Gardner and am looking to...
    • Gladius Review (20 Posts)
    • Thanks Mario. I was pretty sure that was the case but wanted to confirm it before I pull the...
    • Price increase (7 Posts)
    • Pretty small increase overall. 10% on the warrior package, 2.5% on a champion, and 1.4% on a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1088
  • Latest Member: cannon_fodder
  • Total Posts: 5587
  • Total Topics: 520
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 48
  • Today Open: 9
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 103
  • Yesterday Answer: 107