Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Crossguard Sabers

Crossguard Sabers 1 year 4 months ago #5549

• Griffon
  • Thank you received: 14
I am trying to understand the fascination with the design. It is based on a couple of seconds of film for a movie that hasn't been released.
What most people don't know is that it shows a damaged light saber with the coherent light energy burning through the windows in the emitter... just before it explodes.

:woohoo:

I'll take a simple Gladius, thank you
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jedi Knight

Crossguard Sabers 1 year 4 months ago #5550

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Where did you find that information at? The interviews I've read generally state that kylo-Ren custom built that lightsaber and it's design is meant to be unique.

Crossguard Sabers 1 year 4 months ago #5555

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
The second I saw Kylo Ren's saber, I started to speculate on its origin, its age, its design!

I wasn't too sure about the idea! I mean , it is, technically, going against the original concept of the lightsaber! Now that I've seen diffferent designs, I must say I 'm probably going to buy a Relic when it comes out!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

Crossguard Sabers 1 year 4 months ago #5558

• Jedi Knight
  • Rootinest Tootinest Jedi this side of the Kessel Run
  • Thank you received: 7
Griffon wrote:
I am trying to understand the fascination with the design.

I'll take a simple Gladius, thank you

Word.

Honestly, if it sells, it sells. Though I find absolutely no interest in the design. Someone, somewhere will like it, so it's probably a smart decision to jump on it before it's too late.

But I do like the exploding lightsaber theory ;)
Scruffy Looking Nerf Herder

Crossguard Sabers 1 year 4 months ago #5595

• Xelner
  • Premium Member
  • I didn't choose the Force...it chose me.
  • Thank you received: 11
I don't like it. To me, lightsabers always had a martial arts feel to them. I've always thought of Jedi's as space samurai's.

Although 1999 broke through 22 years of original lightsaber design with Darth Maul and the introduction of the staff...it still had a martial arts feel to it.

From 1977 to 1999 all we knew was single bladed, energy weapon glory...and we were good with that. Probably one of the best things to come out of Phantom Menace was that lightsaber and it let all of us know there is so much more we could do with these weapons.

I don't like it because it's basically a broadsword and I don't like broadswords. I cheered in Highlander when Connor MacLeod switch from his family broadsword to a katana.

Sorry, you're not going to re-wow me with a new lightsaber design. How about lightwhips? Those are in the books and I know SF sells them. Maybe a lightaxe...that'd be cool.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Lazer Forge kill keys (4 Posts)
    • Oops! I'm so sorry! That's really embarrassing. Can't wait to see those though!
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (94 Posts)
    • Just pulled the trigger on my second saber. Main site order, 12W Lime Green Champion Tier Guardian...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: Ok so I orderd a reliant initiate for a build that I am paying someone to do and requested no glue...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4353
  • Latest Member: Oro
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3148
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 38
  • Yesterday Answer: 88