Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip?

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 1 year 3 months ago #6712

• Misla
This might be a weird problem, or maybe I just haven't found a proper belt clip.

The one I have is from my Kit Fisto Hasbro FX lightsaber, and it is cheap plastic. But that's not really the problem. The problem is that the clip does not really clip.
And the hilt is heavy, so when on a belt worn at the waist, the clip tilts heavily, almost falls off.

NOW, that gets even more close to falling off since I am a women, and I have larger than regular hips, and the bottom of the hilt hits the hips, which causes it to tilt even more. It should actually tilt the opposite way then the weight is making it tilt, but what happens is that the hilt ends up "resting" the bottom on the hips, and just makes the whole thing tilt outwards even more.

The one time I wore the clip I duck taped the bottom to keep it from falling off.

Now, I know the hips things will be a problem for every women, but just the weight of the hilt alone made it dangerous - it did fall off one time, but I was standing over a couch, so luckily not a long fall and a soft landing.

So what I want is a covertech system but one that has a loop for the belt, and not a clip. Does that exist?

Or is the covertech from Amazon, or Saberforge, strong enough to not be weight down?

I am also thinking of a solution to the "hips tilting lightsaber", and maybe actually wearing the lightsaber a lot lower, at the start of the hip bone, but at any rate, I still need a covertech system that won't fall of.
To me, the safest just seems to be one with a belt loop. And duck taping it wasn't that safe overall, and also didn't very good.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 1 year 3 months ago #6756

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
I think I understand what you mean! Though, I think pictures of the said saber would help figure a solution out! I'll do some researchs, and I'll tell you if I find anything! I'm not a girl, but I somehow (because of my Girlfriend, mostly) understand the problem!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 1 year 3 months ago #6791

• cannon_fodder
  • Thank you received: 11
I think that I get the idea. It almost sounds like a D ring and clip system might work better. Once my Covertech shows up I will take a look at it and see if I can come up with a more secure system for those with wider hips.

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 1 year 3 months ago #6795

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I was thinking about getting a metal covertech knob from saber forge and getting a 8-32 socket head screw to replace the plastic one on my MR Anakin saber. I know what you mean though. The saber is heavy enough to weigh down the belt you are using. Must be why in the movies they has so many different sabers. Empties for the belt, stunts for the dueling, hero editions for the close up shots, etc.

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 1 year 3 months ago #6825

• IosefKoranison
  • Thank you received: 4
I've had this sort of problem, too. What I started doing is putting the clip over my belt and the top of my pants/shorts at the same time. That seems to work just fine.

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 1 year 3 months ago #6826

• Misla
General reply to everyone:

Yeah, the hilt are quite heavy. My next ones are supposed to be a bit less heavy, or at least that is what I gather from reviews of different SF sabers.

While the weighing down is of course not so pretty aesthetically, I could live with that, as long as there wasn't the threat of it falling off!

I suspect it might be because my covertech is from Hasbro, and the real one might be stronger.
But even so, a belt loop would feel a lot lot safer. Then it simply can't fall off unless your whole belts fall of.

If anyone didn't understand what I mean by beltloop, I have attached an image. Instead of a camera case or whatever that is, it would just be the cover tech system of course.

The idea of clipping the clip over something thicker - pants and belt for instance as IosefKoranison does - is good, but doesn't work if you use it on an obi/waist belt.

I don't think D-ring or covertech makes a huge difference, if both are clipped on. It of course distributes the weight a bit differently if it hangs from a D than a knob, but not a whole lot.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Misla. Reason: forgot pic link

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 1 year 3 months ago #6828

• Misla
I guess the back-up DIY solution is simply to superglue the clip to the base, and then use it as a belt loop. But I was wondering if something like that already existed.

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 7 months 3 weeks ago #22774

• Darth Seelius
  • Thank you received: 2
Found this on a Facebook lightsaber group today. Can't find much info on it, but I'm pretty sure it's compatible with the Covertech system.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DarkLyteCustoms

Want Covertech but as a belt loop, not a clip? 7 months 3 weeks ago #22797

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
I was just coming in to post about that - yes, the Saberlok is compatible with covertechs and he's going to start sending them out to people on Saturday, so I'd expect we'll see a lot of people posting feedback soon.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3125
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 0