Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Ludosport lightsaber academy

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7720

• Rí Dar Kaydis
  • Premium Member
  • The more you sweat in practice, the less you'll bleed in combat.
  • Thank you received: 23
I'm contemplating getting into dueling soon and in doing research on if there was any places to learn, I found this Lightsaber academy, it's called Ludosport (http://www.ludosport.net/en/) and I was just curious as to if anyone on here had ever been to it before or heard anything about it?
Also, my Guardian is on the way, but it's my first saber, I really don't want to duel with it, can anyone suggest which is good for dueling, especially good for people who're only beginning.
Own:
- SF 12W Green Champion Guardian
- SF Reborn DT
- Graflex 2.0
The topic has been locked.

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7725

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi. I have only gone to their site to watch any videos offered and am impressed. They have some affiliation with the TPLA Terra Prime. One of the SF members is an instructor at TPLA. Suggest that you check out their site. Also doesn't Lucian and Phil have a saber school that shares video dueling tips?

I use basic US for dueling as just can't risk any damage or even scuffing up my Venom and Gladius. Not saying that these sabers aren't hearty enough, just too beautiful. The Gladius would be my SF choice. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rí Dar Kaydis

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7728

• Rí Dar Kaydis
  • Premium Member
Oh I've never seen them before, it's really cool. It's a shame there's absolutely nowhere in my house (probably not even my back garden) that I could swing a lightsaber without fear of breaking something ha that's why I'm looking for a club to do it
I'm not a huge fan of the Gladius but everyone seems to like it for duelling.. Think I'll have to get over my dislike for it and buy one just for duelling
Own:
- SF Reborn DT
- Graflex 2.0

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7762

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
I wasn't overly sold on the Gladius until I watched Nero's video and decided to take a chance. Gotta say that it's design is simply made for dueling. A 32" blade creates a good balance with one or two handed use. I could use a sparring club as well but they are hard to come by. Hopefully there will be a resurgence with the SW revival. Have to use 16 - 26" blades in my apartment and still hit stuff but not the ceiling. :cheer:

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7779

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
I wouldn't be afraid to duel with it bro! Just make sure yall are on a soft surface that no external damage can come to the hilt and you're a-ok! SaberForge's blades are remarkable. You have to really try to break them. And your one year warranty you'll get with it covers broken blades in the very off chance you do break it.

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7782

• Rí Dar Kaydis
  • Premium Member
It's not that I'm afraid, just the Guardian is my first saber, I bought it specifically as a show peice, because it's so aesthetically pleasing and QGJ is awesome. I'll look after this better than anything I own, including my car (which incidentally wasn't much more expensive ha) so I really don't want it to have marks or anything on it.

I'd much rather just get a warrior hilt specifically for me to use for dueling and not worry too much about getting dinged or anything.
Own:
- SF Reborn DT
- Graflex 2.0

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7783

• Rí Dar Kaydis
  • Premium Member
And Dauntless I never even gave any thought to getting the smaller blades, I'm not that tall, think I may have to order one or two haha
Own:
- SF Reborn DT
- Graflex 2.0

Ludosport lightsaber academy 1 year 3 months ago #7784

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I love the look of the longer blades for spinning/showing off/cons/cosplay/etc, but the short blades give such an advantage in duels it's not even funny lol. You can move it so much faster than you would think with simply 4in less to work with. I can't count the number of times I've went up against guys who were laughing cause they thought they would hit me before I could get to them.. and they're the ones that ended up limping away... muahaha... lol.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fourth of July SALE (20 Posts)
    • Quote: Just checked, and it was in the email about the sale. It was a bit confusing, since it was worded in...
    • Quote: I thought some where I saw it was a choice of the 3 blade plugs in any finish. Elite Round Cog,...
    • I thought some where I saw it was a choice of the 3 blade plugs in any finish. Elite Round Cog,...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (21 Posts)
    • Ottomatix, Thank you for the advice! I sent another question to SFCS asking about champion tier...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (21 Posts)
    • RichellM I read your post and just finished perusing YT. I would recommend that you demand the 3rd...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 87