Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: hero tiers

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8372

• Cyrusred
  • Thank you received: 5
I am planning on buying a saber in the next couple of weeks i thought i was goin to get a champ level but i am considering a hero level now but i have some questions. First I don't get it so i thought do you only get 2 6w colors but i have been hearing that you can have a 12w by combinging the two 6w to one color how does this work if it has a foc does it just kill half of the led and go to one of the sub colors like if it were purple as the 12w mix does it have the option to be red or blue foc or does it lose the foc ability. Also for the aux effects can you put both the blaster block and the force lightening/blade lock on one font or do you still have to switch between two font to get both. Im asking only because i am probably goin with purple for the champ level and i realy just want the choice of multiple fonts or being able to use blaster block and force lightening/blade lock on one saber but i will live with just the blaster block if it means i cant have the 12w. Thanks everyone in advance for any replies.
The topic has been locked.

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8376

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
From what I can tell in the manual, it looks like you get 1 auxiliary sound effect and what's described in the manual is blaster sounds. There is probably ways to set it up with lightning or have both but not owning one, I can't be sure. Especially since SF sets up Heroes with 2 aux switches. I always assumed they did that so that you could have multiple sound effects, but I don't see anything about multiple AV switches in the manual.
You DO still get the lockup effect, but I guess not lightning. Someone that owns a Spark might be able to shed light on that.

Yes, the normal setup is with 2 standalone 6W colors which can be run individually or simultaneously for a 12W color. But for a while now, SF has been offering the RGBA option which allows you to create whatever blade color you can come up with. You can also choose what color your FoC is from the editing program.
As it says on the website, if you want the "infinite color" option, just select RGBA for your first and second blade color.

I'm not sure what you meant with that last comment about sound effects and not being able to have the 12W.

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8377

• Cyrusred
Thanks that actually does help alot and the last part was just saying that i would rather have just the blaster block without the extra features if it ment that i could have the 12w led option which is what champ level would have or i could get the hero level and could only get 6w only but the extra features

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8379

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
Nah the only difference with LEDs on the Hero tier is that you have the ability to only run 2 of your dice at a time, whereas Champion tier (with 12W upgrade) runs all 4 at once.
So if color mixing isn't important to you, you could get a hero with 4 amber dice and run 12W amber. But you also have the option to have, for example, 6W amber, 6W green and 12W yellow on a Hero.

So upgrading from Champion to Hero won't downgrade your LED. You get what I'm saying?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusred

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8395

• Cyrusred
Yes thank you now to convince the little woman to allow this and all will be sweeeeet :) thanks again

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8425

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 731
Good luck! I think in the end, it will be worth it!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8433

• Darth Tyranus
  • Premium Member
  • "Something something something Darkside something something something Complete"
  • Thank you received: 11
I you read the manual for spark color 2 you get two aux sounds blaster block and lock up. Blaster block mode by taping aux button and blade lock up when holding aux button for hero sabers.

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8434

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Yeah we covered that, he/she was wondering if you could get a lightning effect on that board as well as blaster block and lock-up. Looks like probably not. I would think there would be some way to replace the lock-up with lightning but because of the way that EzBlaster functions, I dunno that you'd be able to swap that with lightning.

Of course, this is just hypothetical for somebody that owns one. I have no idea whether SF can give you that kind of setting. Might just need to email SF or post the question in the Naigon's Electronic Creations forum at Imperial Royal Arms.

*shrug*
The following user(s) said Thank You: MiSha

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8435

• Bannou Neko
I order a Hero tiers of Monarch for Red/Blue and mix color for Purple(not pink purple), they told me to make note for royal blue(dark blue) and Red, so you can get the Purple. After 7 weeks, I saw they do have RGBA led set, and I wrote to them, changing to the RGBA, so I can have all the color, the color might not bright enough( no sure), but It is fine for me. I am still waiting for the shipping, after I got my order I will do a review. If you have any question just send the mail, Saberfoge reply pretty quick.

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #8437

• Cyrusred
Thank you all so very much i have decided to get the hero tier for some reason i kept think the blade lock up and lightening were the same thing so if i get blade lock up and blaster block im totally getting it thanks again everyone
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #9251

• Cyrusred
Does anyone know when you order the hero tier can you have saberforge set up the first font for you like put the 12w combo for the first ignition the have the 6w blaster block and blade lock up? Or do you have to set it up yourself

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #9252

• Tyler
  • Thank you received: 7
From the videos I've seen I'm pretty sure that it switches for blade lock-up and blaster block
Sabers:
-Prodigal Son (Champ 12w Green)
-Consular Staff (12w Yellow {Ordering Soon})
-Sorcerer Staff (12w Deep Blue During Standard-Release)

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #9257

• Cyrusred
I guess what I'm really asking is if they can preset it to when i first activate it if they can set it to a 12w purple then take off the color switch so when you use blaster block and the lock up its just purple instead then on the other fonts have the red and blue effects

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #9284

• Darth Tyranus
  • Premium Member
  • "Something something something Darkside something something something Complete"
You can set the your FOC to what ever shade you can create using those two color and it can be set with the on board color editor in the saber menu or by editing the file SparkColor2Editor program on a pc as well as edit you color set which you can change to any of your color presets while using any of your sound fonts by twisting the saber on it axis while in idle position. You have both blaster block and blade lock up. "Pressing the aux button engages Blaster Block mode. Once in this mode, swinging the saber will perform EzBlaster™, where another Blaster Block will be performed. Keeping the saber still will cause the mode to exit" and "Holding the aux button is the second way to engage the Lockup effect; the primary way is by EzLockup™ -tapping the aux once after performing a Clash. Depending on the chosen config setting, either releasing the button or tapping it again will cause the mode to exit." You can set what each corset each fon starts on from boot up and each font remember what color it was last on until the saber is returned to idle and kill key is inserted.

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #9285

• Cyrusred
O ok so if i preset it on the pc to have the 12w to come on first if i insert the kill key will it still stay on the 12w?

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #9286

• Darth Tyranus
  • Premium Member
No each font will remember the Last color you had it on. But when you return the saber back to idle mode and insert the Kil key the next time you remove the Kil key and boot up the saber each font will start at your preconfigured default color set for that font.

hero tiers 1 year 3 months ago #9455

• naigon
  • Naigon's Electronic Creations
  • Thank you received: 17
Miraluka wrote:
Yeah we covered that, he/she was wondering if you could get a lightning effect on that board as well as blaster block and lock-up. Looks like probably not. I would think there would be some way to replace the lock-up with lightning but because of the way that EzBlaster functions, I dunno that you'd be able to swap that with lightning.

Of course, this is just hypothetical for somebody that owns one. I have no idea whether SF can give you that kind of setting. Might just need to email SF or post the question in the Naigon's Electronic Creations forum at Imperial Royal Arms.

*shrug*

You could definitely get a lightning sound in one of the following ways:

1. Add it as a lockup sound to one of the fonts (each font normally has 2 and it can have up to 99). Doing this would mean sometimes a lockup would play the lock sound; sometimes it would play the lightning.
2. Add it as a blaster sound (again each font normally has like 4-8 and you can go up to 99). Doing this would mean that sometimes hitting the aux button would play a blast sound, sometimes lightning.
3. Do #1 or #2 above, but replace all existing sounds. You would be able to do lightning 100% of the time but would lose one of the other two types of sounds.
4. Replace the color.wav file on the root with the lockup sound; then every time when switching between colors that sound would play.

Hope that helps!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (109 Posts)
    • HotRod, in any way your info was misleading. Its about gathering enough information in order to make...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. True. And if I got an empty...
    • Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 41
  • Yesterday Answer: 64