Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Can someone identify this blue?

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8439

• Boba Scott
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all, I'm looking to order a 12W Consular in blue. Since working off of pictures and videos is pretty unreliable for this, is anyone able to tell me what exact type of blue (or combination of blues) this color might be?

I know monitors can show different colors too so if it helps for an external reference here is another example;

I'm thinking it's light blue, but I rather defer to someone who has seen this color blade in real life. Thanks!
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Boba Scott. Reason: adding another pic
The topic has been locked.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8442

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi. Checked my Arctic Blue on similar colored rug and it definitely is not that color.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8450

• Paul_W
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Deep blue I believe. Have it on my avenger. Closest blue to episode 3

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8452

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Either deep or medium blue I would guess. Prolly deep. Looks similar to my Disciple too

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8455

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
None of those Are artic. The blue light cast down is far too deep. All three are the same on the flare light as well. Like I said my guess would be deep blue, looks almost identical to my Disciple.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8456

• Boba Scott
Wow, definitely not what I expected. Thanks to everyone that responded though.

I thought they were all either light or maybe medium blues. However the monitor I was on this morning they all looked the same, and now this one I see the differences.

Based on SF webpage for blade colors, to me, the med. and deep blue look too indigo which is why I was thinking lighter. If I had to pick from the above pictures, I like the Revan saber the best. I just worry ordering deep blue will be much too purplish/indigo hued.

Does anyone know if these guys will have a booth at Celebration?... I would definitely like to check out in person.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8461

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
This is a 3W Cree Blue, which is what SF uses for light blue. Looks similar to me. Yours doesn't look like deep blue to me but as has been said, different people, different monitors, different photo conditions... difficult to say. This blue I have is beautiful in person, though.

My guess is Light or Medium.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Miraluka.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8464

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 831
I wish I could help, but I kept thinking it was Arctic Blue, and the folks who have more expertise than I have already said that was not true. Whatever it is, it looks darned good on that saber! Of course, I am a little biased, because I really like the Consular.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8465

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
lol looking at these photos again, does anyone else feel like they look like light, medium and deep blue in that order?

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8468

• Boba Scott
Miraluka wrote:
lol looking at these photos again, does anyone else feel like they look like light, medium and deep blue in that order?

When I posted this morning they all looked the same to me. Now I do see a difference (currently on iPhone 6), or this is a clever Jedi mind trick. However the top image looks like light and the bottom two both still look similar and darker to me. Just nothing like the SF blade color webpage images for medium and deep blue.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8757

• Boba Scott
Based off of a desktop monitor, a laptop, and an iPhone, I think Miraluka's 3W blue Cree (SF light blue) looks the closest.

I did a side-by-side for comparison:

I'm putting in an order for my first saber today! This is pretty exciting. Thanks everyone.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8762

• Paul_W
  • Premium Member
The checker plate that they use to display there sabers reflects the light so it is hard to say. All I can say is the one saberforge saber I own is deep blue and it is awesome!

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8766

• Boba Scott
They all are awesome which is why it's so hard to choose. I think I am leaning more towards ANH/ESB blue than RotS blue. I have seen a bunch of dark blue pics lately that I'm in love with, but then I see some others where it's way too royal blue (some indigo hues). I was going to go with medium blue, but I can't really see the difference so well, and I rather err on the lighter side. I just want it to look as close to the images above (in person) as possible. I may be making too much of an issue out of this blue debate, but I'm super picky when it comes to colors.

I'm going to request a quick disconnect so worst case I'll change it out.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8773

• Paul_W
  • Premium Member
Well its a lot of coin and to turn it on and be disappointed is not something you want to happen! Go with your first instinct and giver the onions!

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8791

• Darth Tiberius
Please let us know when you find out! I've had the same dilemma over which blue to get as I'm also looking for a ANH/ESB guardian blue color.

FYI, I can tell you that the guardian blue from US is MUCH closer to the blue from the prequels than ANH/ESB. I've done dozens of tests where I've held the blade next to my computer screen with screencaps from ESB and RotS side-by-side, and inspected them visually. The US guardian blue is still just a tad bit darker than the guardian blue from the prequels in person, but on camera, they look rather close (or at least they do with my camera and screen). Unfortunately, I do not currently have a SF saber in a blue color for comparison. Hopefully, that will change soon...
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Darth Tiberius.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8798

• Boba Scott
Darth Tiberius, I definitely will... expect a full review posted from me when I do get it.

I have literally scoured every single page on this forum that has the word blue in it and I find pictures of light and deep, arctic and light, etc... that all look identical. What I'm having the hardest time finding is much for the med. blue. (and the SF blade pic looks exactly like deep blue to me) I assume it will just be somewhere between light and deep, however I'm having a hard time visualizing it. I don't want to get it and have it be too much towards the royal blue side. For a general reference I have put together the following images for what I have gathered in regards to light and deep.

However, if anyone has a few different lighted images of a medium blue I would be forever grateful... otherwise I think I'm going light blue.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8802

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
You shouldn't be disappointed. Light blue is beautiful.

Can someone identify this blue? 1 year 7 months ago #8814

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 831
With the variations in the way cameras capture these images, it is even a tougher task. As for me, I think they are all beautiful!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Spark2 - LED still glows ... (6 Posts)
    • I've never had this happen with a Spark board, I did have it happen with a NB2 with Power Extender,...
    • Possible wiring issue (3 Posts)
    • Quote: That could just be you putting enough pressure on the switch to almost unlatch it, causing a little...
    • New here, few questions a... (2 Posts)
    • Welcome, AudiuX! Quick Connectors are two small plugs that go on the end of some wires so you can...
    • When are we getting New C... (5 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Last word was that the first expansion pack was approaching quickly, but we did not have an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4634
  • Latest Member: Groverkam
  • Total Posts: 49.2k
  • Total Topics: 3702
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 29