Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Etsy vs. SF Website

Etsy vs. SF Website 1 year 3 months ago #8613

• Boba Scott
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok, so most people seem to agree that it is far faster to order from their Etsy store than from the website. I assume this is because the hilt is already machined and the components/finishing go in after you order.

Does this mean that if they have a particular level and style hilt on Etsy that I could order the same one through the store website and expect the same turnaround time?

The main reason I bring this up is that it seems overwhelmingly that the people with order screw ups seem to come through Etsy.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
The topic has been locked.

Etsy vs. SF Website 1 year 3 months ago #8614

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Well no, not at all (Sadly that's not how it works)

Etsy are pre-machined lightsaber that they're selling to finish a run of parts they have (they always receive a certain amount of parts! When they have them, they build all the sabers they can out of them). Those who are not sold on SF main website are offered through Etsy!

Parts order is the main reason why the lead time is so long! They need to order and receive the parts before building sabers! The more orders they have, the longer it takes!

Etsy: 1-2 weeks Lead Time
SF Main Website: 10-12 weeks, no exception!

Personnaly, if you want a good product and customized to your taste, I would order from the main website if I was you! Yes the lead time is long, but you have more choices and more possibilities! Right now is maybe not the best time to order on Esty, since everyone seems to have problems with their orders when they make them through Etsy!

Trust me, it is worth waiting 2-3 months!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Etsy vs. SF Website 1 year 3 months ago #8616

• Boba Scott
Thanks, that's good to know. Especially if ordering around a time when they are upgrading components. (rather have the latest and greatest parts)

I was pretty set on ordering straight from the website, but I was trying to see if I could circumvent the wait by making sure to order a combo they had listed on Etsy... now I know that's not the way to go.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey

Etsy vs. SF Website 1 year 3 months ago #8639

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
There's also far fewer customization options available on etsy. Any custom anodizing you want done, or swapping of modular parts, or custom AV switches, even grey weathering…all of these are only available on the main website.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Etsy vs. SF Website 1 year 3 months ago #8644

• Boba Scott
I haven't really considered any other customization. I have only recently ventured into the custom saber world, so I thought it was pretty much limited to what's on those drop down menus or adding quick disconnects. I'll have to think a bit more on this. Thanks.

Etsy vs. SF Website 1 year 3 months ago #8645

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 731
If you are going to commit to waiting that long, then do something special, and make it worthwhile!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (119 Posts)
    • Hey guys, I've been on pre shipment since 7/12, is it normal? I thought they start making your saber...
    • Rogue One Trailer (6 Posts)
    • Why are they doing this, it is the second time they're showing a teaser/trailer in a Con/Celebration...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 39
  • Yesterday Answer: 64