Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Length of hilts?

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8658

• janus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Did the useful thread "Length of hilts" go away?
The thread helped us for decision making.
If anyone have the record, please rebuild it.(seeing Mario-san) ;)
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior
The topic has been locked.

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8660

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 72
It was in the General Store Q&A before that section was removed. I didn't make a copy of it. Didn't imagine they would close a section like that.

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8671

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 198
I will talk to Phil about what it would take for him to include all hilt dimensions on the website listings. That information should be listed publicly and easily, especially if all SF sabers are available for sale as DIY projects at the empty initiate level.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka, FailedJedi

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8677

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
DarthMario95 wrote:
I will talk to Phil about what it would take for him to include all hilt dimensions on the website listings. That information should be listed publicly and easily, especially if all SF sabers are available for sale as DIY projects at the empty initiate level.

That would be both great and very useful! Janus is right, it was useful in the decision making process!

Yeah I want a good dual wield saber: Shorter
Wanna make a long saberstaff/be able to hold my saber with both hands without problem: longer!

Hope Phil agrees to add this precious info !
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8690

• janus
  • Elite Member
DarthMario95 wrote:

Thanks Mario!
Public information from SF is the most advisable!
Length, weight, diameter(in/out) and pommel screw size for compatibility with staff coupler are needed. I guess.
If possible, details of accessories (like venom claw, juggernaut side blade) should be added too.
I often see the threads about those.
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8769

• Boba Scott
  • Thank you received: 1
This is a great idea... what I would also like to see is blade insertion depths from model to model. I would think between hilts like PS and Epoch there is a big delta.

I'm about to order a Consular and I'm trying to decide on blade length, but how deep it goes into the hilt makes a big difference for me. If anyone knows this it would be greatly appreciated.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8775

• janus
  • Elite Member
Boba Scott wrote:
This is a great idea... what I would also like to see is blade insertion depths from model to model. I would think between hilts like PS and Epoch there is a big delta.

I'm about to order a Consular and I'm trying to decide on blade length, but how deep it goes into the hilt makes a big difference for me. If anyone knows this it would be greatly appreciated.

Exactly!
When someone tends to make saber staff with two different sabers, insertion depth might be important.
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8780

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
For hilts without blade Windows, I believe the depth of blade socket is typically 1.5" it might go as deep as 2" but I dunno.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Griffon

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8794

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 198
Rejoice with exceeding gladness, my friends. Phillip and I will be adding hilt length, inner diameter, blade holder diameter, blade plug length, and pommel threading dimensions for all sabers on the website and etsy this week.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka, galade120, Griffon, BZArcher, Boba Scott

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8799

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1750
Nice! More information is always better!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8801

• Navix
  • I tried to use both sides of the force but i failed. For many years i have been fighting myself until the force destroyed my mind and kept me alive like an empty shell. Now i wander into space.
Thats pretty cool thanks :)
The broken jedi

Length of hilts? 3 years 1 week ago #8823

• janus
  • Elite Member
DarthMario95 wrote:
Rejoice with exceeding gladness, my friends. Phillip and I will be adding hilt length, inner diameter, blade holder diameter, blade plug length, and pommel threading dimensions for all sabers on the website and etsy this week.

We are so glad!
Thanks Phil, Mario and all other SF stuffs!
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10381

• Sightrasher
DarthMario95 wrote:

Cant find them :/

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10428

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Sightrasher wrote:
DarthMario95 wrote:

Cant find them :/

As far as I know, they haven't actually been added yet. Sorry I didn't save a copy of my original thread. Which hilt are you wondering about? Maybe I can help you.

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10429

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I was wondering about this too. I like the longer hilt sabers for a wide grip.

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10431

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
h2soy wrote:
I was wondering about this too. I like the longer hilt sabers for a wide grip.

Heh. I tend to go in the other direction. I prefer short, 1 hand hilts. Although I do have a saber that is about 60" long and about 30" of that is hilt. That's a different ballgame than a regular 2 handed sword, though.

But yeah, in general, I like hilts about as short as I can get em. I built a 6" hilt once but that's a liiiittle bit too short. I made it for a child, not me. I like hilts around the 8-9" range.

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10434

• Cyrusred
  • Thank you received: 5
The new Phoenix will be 11 inches

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10437

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
But yeah, in general, I like hilts about as short as I can get em.
Generally (and this may speak to my thin birdlike wrists) I've found that that my speed/power are pretty crappy if my hands are placed close together. If my hands are about five inches apart I can use my top hand as a fulcrum for quick, powerful, and precise movements. Maybe the closest analogy is.... kendo? Whenever I see people swinging their sabers around in wide arcs I roll my eyes a bit at the wasted energy and the wide openings they create in their stance. Meh. To each their own.

I'm really curious to see how the Archon turns out. Its' concept picture seems to indicate it'll have a longer hilt.

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10438

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
I know what you're saying. My 60" saber was built to function like a Nagamaki. But the grip is long enough to spin like some kind of staff/spear hybrid.

Fun to play with.

Length of hilts? 2 years 11 months ago #10441

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1750
I am actually looking a little further down the road to the Regal. The design is very compelling to me, and the length looks to be in the 12-13" range. Just right for a split two-hand grip.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Modding Contest (33 Posts)
    • Quote: I hope whoever wins will be cool enough to hook me up with a few pieces lol Mine will be going up...
    • All by Oneself.. (9 Posts)
    • I momentarily played with the idea of the Wookiee Chewie was talking to (saying goodbye?) being...
    • Modding Contest (33 Posts)
    • I hope whoever wins will be cool enough to hook me up with a few pieces lol
    • AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 & ... (67 Posts)
    • Ethereal Sun 1st choice Illusion 2nd

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6824
  • Latest Member: HeXeK
  • Total Posts: 68.6k
  • Total Topics: 5784
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3