Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Initiate Parts Builder

Initiate Parts Builder 3 days 11 hours ago #8716

• Cigam Kin
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
Is there any chance of SF doing a CSS MHS Builder style page where we can use SF parts to mix and match (pending on if sections and threads match up along with other specs) and we can build our own "one-off" customs using SF parts in an Initiate Tier and commence with our own DIY builds?

I think it would be a good opportunity for SF making extra profit in the sales of just parts alone. It would equally be a good opportunity for more clients interested in DIY customs that wish to use and promote SF products and parts.

Just throwing out some ideas.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Initiate Parts Builder 3 days 8 hours ago #8734

• Miraluka
  • Elite Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Like received: 51
I don't imagine them making an MHS build style page. You can request a certain configuration of their parts and I don't see why you couldn't do that with an initiate.

Personally, I prefer to order a warrior. Gives me a new infinity blade and a SF LED module to play with. You could just put whatever LED and lens you want in it and then it'd be ready to toss into your hilt.

Initiate Parts Builder 1 day 6 hours ago #8861

• Cigam Kin
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
I just believe a build style page is an easier method to try and configure something as you have the image of the saber in font of you immediately as most people cannot think in 3D or are able to put their ideas down on paper. If they program *snap to fit* parameters on the build page when selecting and piecing together sections or some other method to show you that your chosen item will or won't work with others. That way you're not simply trying to imagine something in your minds eye.

If you choose the route of emailing and waiting for a response of whether or not some parts will coincide with others and then continuing on from there; it will be a long back and forth process which could take weeks or months to figure out as some questions will lead to others and also if parts you had in mind don't fit your original concept, then what? This is mainly my reason for suggesting this as I've tried to have an email conversation regarding build ideas using production saber parts but emails of "will this work?" and getting "no" in reply but waiting several days to receive it was taking far too long to conceive a build. To add, always sending emails merely for possible build ideas would only congest the already full email stream that SF receives that should be used more for sales and customer service.

When you can instead do a build online in your spare time within minutes or spend hours day dreaming and build several saber ideas if you have nothing better do. You see your product immediately in front of you along with a parts list and cost. LEDs and Blades are already in the accessories parts list; add those to your order too and you have your warrior tier. Sending out a box of parts may also cut down on lead times pending quantity and availability of sections as you shouldn't need to wait for assembly. Grab part 1S, grab part 2A , grab part 3B, grab 4E and 5R, throw in a box and send out to client. Don't warranty the build but warranty parts like if threads are chewed or bent and will not allow sections to join, etc.
Last Edit: 1 day 6 hours ago by Cigam Kin. Reason: spelling
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Reliant video reviews (5 Posts)
    • Here's the video review I did for the reliant I received. It was the wrong weathering however, so...
    • Upcoming SaberForge Relea... (58 Posts)
    • Where is the Dissident?! Lol
    • How to remove buttons fro... (5 Posts)
    • I got the main button out by prying it from underneath with a long screwdriver as mentioned above....
    • Arbiter is my new favorit... (1 Posts)
    • I just got one to do an install into for charity (our local saber guild auctioned it off at our con...
    • Advanced Light Weaponry S... (5 Posts)
    • If I could get another saber, I'd get one of his and get a sound upgrade added into it. I checked...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 1202
  • Latest Member: genefactor
  • Total Posts: 5742
  • Total Topics: 532
  • Total Sections: 9
  • Total Categories: 55
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 14
  • Today Answer: 46
  • Yesterday Answer: 42