Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: On Mute, is a low hum normal?

On Mute, is a low hum normal? 1 year 3 months ago #8827

• Master-LazyBear
So I recently got my Champion Redeemer saber. Fantastic! I'm cosplaying as Obi Wan Kenobi (EpIII - ROTS) at the Star Wars Celebration here in Anaheim, CA on 4/16-19. This saber is definitely the crown jewel of the ensemble.

I wanted to display the saber in my room as a accent light (set on mute, of course) when not in use, but I'm getting a low electrical hum. I'd call it white noise, but it's a little too loud for that characterization so it kills it as pulling double duty as a great room decoration. The hum is more pronounced on different light frequencies, as the hum seems to pulse with the light.

Is the hum normal or a possible defect? Do all sabers with sound boards do this? It's perfectly silent between menu setting prompts, so it only hums during normal muted operation. Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Master-LazyBear.
The topic has been locked.

On Mute, is a low hum normal? 1 year 3 months ago #8829

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
My champion hums on mute but I don't really notice unless the pommel is especially close to my ear.

On Mute, is a low hum normal? 1 year 3 months ago #8970

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
I think it may vary from individual soundboard to soundboard, even if we're talking about the exact same champion soundboard model. Some of mine will hum faintly only in the onboard menu when I'm changing the settings, some I can hear the hum if the blade flicker is set on 2-5 but it's completely silent if the flicker is set to 1 (no flicker).
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 4 legged SW fans (3 Posts)
    • That dog would be in the lead or eating something. lol
    • Saberforge Day Blades (52 Posts)
    • Made a much better comparison video with the flicker off and no lights. ...
    • Saber Forge Katana Champi... (17 Posts)
    • I also posted a review of the V4 Infinity Edge Blades. I'm not sure where to put this, so, I figured...
    • Something.... NEW! (760 Posts)
    • This is not a Wait Begins. I am convinced it is Something New. Today marks a very special...
    • Custom Fury (6 Posts)
    • MaceWindex, that is exceptional work you have done and in downtime and when bored also. Can you...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4353
  • Latest Member: Oro
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3153
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 88