Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saber Staff Questions

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8878

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 274
1) What lengths are the staff couplers?

2) Can I combine 2 different hilts to make a staff?

3) Is it possible to wire up so both blades ignite simultaneously from 1 activation switch rather than a separate switch for each blade?
The topic has been locked.

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8884

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
The short staff coupler probably only adds about an inch to the length.

Certain hilts are compatible with others but not all of them work together. If you email SF they could tell you if the two that you pick could work together.

I'm pretty sure the couplers are hollow so, yeah, you could, in theory, wire them both together but you'd probably have to do that yourself. Just guessing, though. Never hurts to shoot an email and ask if they'll do it.

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8891

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Couplers come in various lengths and threads for different hilts. Not all hilts ate compatible with one another but quite a few are. And like miraluka Saud for the wiring never hurts to ask them to see if they could do that for you.

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8897

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
I emailed the boys over the weekend regarding a couple of other questions I had (one for this staff idea and one for an order in process) and still haven't heard back from them so I didn't feel like shooting them another email for another question. I was just hoping perhaps someone on here had a quick answer for me if they had their own long coupler to measure from as the site store only says Standard and Long *Sinister Prophecy* for options. Neither of which contain length measurements but I was curious about the long coupler mostly.

As you said, and I do realize, each saber has differently threaded ends for different pommels, so I'd probably have to contact them to receive an exact measurement of which coupler would fit the 2 sabers I want to join. Both of which are Apprentice Class sabers, so I'm thinking they should contain the same thread pattern… but I've been wrong about stuff before.

In theory, I too was thinking that wiring both to one switch should also work. If electricity has a path to flow, it will.

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8902

• Knytiri
  • Banned
the acolytes, disciples, and consulars all have the same threading so you would be able to couple any of those together. The consular doesn't require as long of a coupler as the Acolyte and Disciple however.. they have an angled body piece slanting over the pommel. My coupler I had for my two acolytes was about 4 inches long to give both sabers plenty of room. The first one I got was about 1 1/2 and didn't work at all lol

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8904

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Yeah, short coupler is 1.5 inches long, while the long one is around 2/2.5 inches long! Just received my long Saberstaff, since the short one was no working on my saberstaff either!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8913

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Ok. So. One says a 4" coupler another says a 2-2.5". Just to clarify, where are measurements being taken?

As the threaded ends obviously fasten into the hilts and are not meant to be seen. My idea of the length measurement would be how much of the coupler is shown between the threaded ends and not a full measurement of the coupler from tip to tip.

Or did you both perhaps receive 2 completely couplers all together??

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8914

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Measured both of mines..!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8915

• Knytiri
  • Banned
4 was a guess. I don't own it anymore. Hence the "coupler I had" remark. I just know it was substantially longer than the first. it was definitely at least 3 in, it was more than twice as long. Which is why I went with 4. =P
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Knytiri.

Saber Staff Questions 1 year 4 months ago #8916

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
Great! Thank you both =)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (11 Posts)
    • I have that RbCW in my Phoenix ;) He picks some winners. The Amber Red-Orange White is in my...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (3 Posts)
    • Oooh interesting! It looks like they don't have the D-Ring at the emitter though, which is too bad....
    • Master Replica Force FX C... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: It's a constant current LED driver - imagine a 1200mA buck puck (the exact may be 1280mA). Any...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (11 Posts)
    • First off I'd like to thank you all for the warm comments. To answer some of the questions.. - I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 53
  • Yesterday Answer: 85