Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Etsy Question

Etsy Question 1 year 3 months ago #9009

• blinky2lame
  • Thank you received: 17
So I've been saving to get myself a saber from the etsy store, and I've been checking it every other day to make sure the one I want (12w champion disciple) is still there. I'm set to order in the next couple days, just waiting for some paypal money to come in, so I just happened to be checking up on it today.

Where it once said something to the effect of "this hilt is available in weathered, just make sure to request that in other notes" or whatever, it now says "Please note that additional customizations are not available for this listing, and we cannot guarantee that any extra requests made in the order comments by the customer will be fulfilled."

I really wanted this to be weathered, so I wondering if I'm still able to get it that way? as well as requesting which soundboard I end up with. I've already sent them a message on etsy, but I'm understandably impatient lol. Anyone that can answer this for me, or even hazard a guess?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Etsy Question 1 year 3 months ago #9019

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I know on the warrior one they have two listing for the weathered and non weathered. What I would do is get the warrior weathered and add the champion upgrade to your order. (It's the same price). But that way you don't have to worry about getting a non weathered one. :)

Etsy Question 1 year 3 months ago #9020

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Just an additional note, I think they're cutting back on the customization requests they take through etsy and directing more custom orders to their site. Probably in part to cut down on etsy order errors and attempt to streamline the process and quicken the process through etsy.

Etsy Question 1 year 3 months ago #9025

• blinky2lame
Knytiri wrote:
I know on the warrior one they have two listing for the weathered and non weathered. What I would do is get the warrior weathered and add the champion upgrade to your order. (It's the same price). But that way you don't have to worry about getting a non weathered one. :)

Fair point. When I was on last night, I didn't see the champion upgrade and thought they had removed it. I now see that it in fact is there. Problem solved, now I feel like an idiot :lol:

Etsy Question 1 year 3 months ago #9027

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 200
Yeah, as a general rule of thumb anything that isn't configurable directly using etsy options would not be available through etsy. The whole point of the etsy shop was to get sabers out the door quickly, and the more custom order comments are made the longer it takes to get the sabers out the door. They want to cut their 3-4 week lead time before shipping down to a few days.

But for this particular situation, ordering the warrior weathered with the sound upgrade listing should be fine :)
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Etsy Question 1 year 3 months ago #9028

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I think I'm starting to catch on... lol.

Feel so proud being validated by Mario haha

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9033

• blinky2lame
yeah I totally get that etsy is for quick orders and the site is for more customization. Only reason I'm ordering from the etsy store as apposed to the main site is the fact that I don't have a credit card right now, but I have paypal. if they could set up paypal for the main site, I wouldn't be in this situation

thanks for everyone's help, everything is fine now :)

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9036

• Dauntless 7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
If you order soon, the Etsy 10% off sale may still be running. Code " CELEBRATION". :)

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9253

• Subzerø Dawnbreaker
  • Thank you received: 9
DarthMario95 wrote:
Yeah, as a general rule of thumb anything that isn't configurable directly using etsy options would not be available through etsy. The whole point of the etsy shop was to get sabers out the door quickly, and the more custom order comments are made the longer it takes to get the sabers out the door. They want to cut their 3-4 week lead time before shipping down to a few days.

But for this particular situation, ordering the warrior weathered with the sound upgrade listing should be fine :)

What about the pre-release sabers Mario? Are they able fit in, let's say, quick-disconnects for Champions or two 6W LEDs instead of the RGBA for Heroes? At the moment the Hero is RGBA only on Etsy, but would love a mixed 12W Magenta on the Bane when it comes out.

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9258

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I'm pretty sure a lot of the customization options on the pre-release sabers, or trial run sabers, whichever you prefer to call them, is "write it in the comments field, and they will do what they can." Of course, sending them an email to run over what may and may not be possible to save yourself some disappointment if they weren't able to accommodate a particular request may be a very good idea. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusred

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9317

• Cyran Azor
  • Kill the boy and let the man be born
  • Thank you received: 11
Dauntless 7 wrote:
If you order soon, the Etsy 10% off sale may still be running. Code " CELEBRATION". :)

This is usable until May, correct?
~The force shall set me free~

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9318

• Cyrusred
  • Thank you received: 5
That is correct it stops may 1st

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9467

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
I also looked at this option for getting a weathered Disciple in Champion edition but being a bit paranoid re-read through the Chamption SoundCore upgrade:

"An on board voice menu allows for easy adjustment of all the settings, including an optional blade flicker.

Along with the soundboard an internal 3400mah lion battery pack is installed, and this saber features a kill key, recharge port, and comes with a universal charger that works on 110v-240v power outlets. When your saber dies, just plug it in, and when the light on the charger turns green, you're good to go."

As I couldn't find any detail if this added the matching AV switch I sent Saberforge a message through ETSY and someone responded pretty much immediately:

Yes, purchase this SaberCore upgrade listing along with a warrior edition saber to upgrade to a champion edition.

Very reassuring.

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9473

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Yes, the matching illuminated AV switch is part of the champion tier saber. I'm pretty sure that's listed somewhere. That's what they were saying.

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9474

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Here it is:
12w LED Champion level sabers include:

-37" Thick walled polycarbonate dueling blade

-12w High power 4x cree xb-d LED

-Light up AV switch that matches blade color

-SaberCore sound upgrade

-3400mah in hilt recharge upgrade, with smart charger and kill key

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9476

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 709
Good info there. I have not ordered from Etsy yet, but I do plan to at some point, and I want to be sure I know what I am getting.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9593

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
had a question for the Etsy store so figures id tack it on here.
If i want to order a Gladius off Etsy, and the image only shows the standard finish, can i no longer request to get it grey weathered? (the only options on etsy are a standard finish and a weathered finish, no grey weathered)
Also are the Etsy orders now standard 12W?
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9594

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 709
The 12W variant is fixed for some models, which appear pre-built with it. If the label on the saber says 12w, then there is no other selection. As for the finish, on the selections that offer it, your only choice seems to be weathered or not. Anything in between (gray weathering, or alternating black patterns) you would typically have to order from the main website.

That is my understanding at least. Anyone have a different experience ordering from Etsy?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9595

• supercookster401
  • Premium Member
  • "The wielder of the flame..protector of balance. The holder of the Torch, lighting the way. The keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. A Gray Jedi.”
Thanks man, yeah i ask because i think they recently made some changes to their Etsy orders, i know last time i ordered i was able to specifiy the type of weathering and that was it, but i understand theyre cutting down on the times a lot.
Thanks again

EDIT Also does anyone know what the rules are for choosing wrap colour on etsy? i assume its put in the comments just?
"Ah, and it makes you think I may have the taint of the dark side in me, doesn't it? Ooh. Is that what you are wondering, huh? Ooh..."
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by supercookster401. Reason: more info

Etsy Question 1 year 2 months ago #9597

• laempchen
  • Thank you received: 6
i ordered a disciple through etsy a week ago, i could choose the wrap in a dropdown menu.

the only thing i could not choose was the soundfont but i wrote them a message and got a response that an admin comment was added to make sure i get the one i want.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Fourth of July SALE (20 Posts)
    • Quote: Just checked, and it was in the email about the sale. It was a bit confusing, since it was worded in...
    • Quote: I thought some where I saw it was a choice of the 3 blade plugs in any finish. Elite Round Cog,...
    • I thought some where I saw it was a choice of the 3 blade plugs in any finish. Elite Round Cog,...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (21 Posts)
    • Ottomatix, Thank you for the advice! I sent another question to SFCS asking about champion tier...
    • recharge port vs warrior ... (21 Posts)
    • RichellM I read your post and just finished perusing YT. I would recommend that you demand the 3rd...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.9k
  • Total Topics: 3123
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 87