Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Planning my next Saber

Planning my next Saber 1 year 3 months ago #9290

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi all,

Haven't yet received our first sabers but was doing some planning on my next one already and wondering if this the following is possible directly from Saberforge:

Disciple Weathered (was thinking Champion with a 12W red with a Dark Red leather wrap)
Customised with 1 x weathered Venom Claw from the underside of the blade holder
Customised with 1 x weathered Venom Claw from the underside of the pommel pointing forward to frame/guard the wielders hand (unless the angle makes this impossible to fit?)
Covertech knob to the left hand side of the hilt (to avoid any interference with the claw(s))

Can't justify it until we get our first order but would love to have a Sith style blade to compliment the Jedi style Epoch on order.

Any feedback on the possibility of this is appreciated!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Choos. Reason: Keeping it simple
The topic has been locked.

Planning my next Saber 1 year 3 months ago #9292

• Tyler
  • Thank you received: 7
I'm not sure about the customizations, you should send an email to SaberForge to see if they can do it.
Sabers:
-Prodigal Son (Champ 12w Green)
-Consular Staff (12w Yellow {Ordering Soon})
-Sorcerer Staff (12w Deep Blue During Standard-Release)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Choos

Planning my next Saber 1 year 3 months ago #9367

• Choos
Tyler wrote:
I'm not sure about the customizations, you should send an email to SaberForge to see if they can do it.

Was concerned about tyre kicking what seems to be a very busy business but yep I emailed them and just asked about the one claw and covertech knob to the side.

I have patience but really looking forward to getting this, the claw is important as I am planning a N'Gai Sith.

Planning my next Saber 1 year 3 months ago #9376

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
I don't imagine they'll do it but if they do, it will almost certainly cost you extra because they would have to manually machine the slot(s) for the claw(s)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Choos

Planning my next Saber 1 year 3 months ago #9383

• Choos
Miraluka wrote:
.....they would have to manually machine the slot(s) for the claw(s)

Oh I see, didn't realise the Viper had slots cut for the claws.... Wish I wasn't so impatient emailing them to ask now as I hate wasting peoples time.

Any suggestions for where I could find quick guides to cutting and adding my own claw?

Additional... Ok I see now also the blade retention screw is underneath where I was talking about placing the claw... If SF reply on email saying not for them theoretically all I need to do is engage someone to make a claw/blade that fits the curve of the blade holder and has a hole to allow fixing with the same diameter and thread as the current blade retention screw (just longer).?.?.?

Any further feedback appreciated.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Choos. Reason: Types

Planning my next Saber 1 year 3 months ago #9410

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
The claws are only held in by a single screw, the slots keep the claw from rotating. IF saberforge won't do it, maybe you could get a local machine shop to put a .25 slot in there for you. Don't worry about that blade retention screw. If the claw goes where that screw is, you can always drill and tap a new blade retention screw hole somewhere else.

Planning my next Saber 1 year 2 months ago #9521

• Choos
Just to close this off I did get a very polite message from Saber Forge saying cannot do.

Going to do some thinking if I want this saber as is... Actually thought about it and I definitely do just have to convince my wife first.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (109 Posts)
    • HotRod, in any way your info was misleading. Its about gathering enough information in order to make...
    • SF Quad Cree Mixing Combi... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: If you want to use lots of day blades, I'd say to just get a white LED. True. And if I got an empty...
    • Adding sound to Warrior t... (7 Posts)
    • That second NEC all in one chassis is interesting. Having an internal recharge port would allow for...
    • Themed Sabers (712 Posts)
    • The name for this saber comes from the common name of an ancient Greek coin from Athens, bearing an...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4370
  • Latest Member: TheWinterWild
  • Total Posts: 43.1k
  • Total Topics: 3139
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 41
  • Yesterday Answer: 64