Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Trying to make final decisions on first saber

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9817

• Espiem
Hey everyone,

So I've made the decision to order my first saber, but I can't quite settle on exactly what I want. I have e-mailed them and gotten most of my questions resolved, but I was hoping someone here might be able to give me some input on the last few things I need to sort out.

So first of all, I can't decide on whether to go with a Crystal Reveal or an Elite. I'm definitely ordering an Exhalted, and the crystal looks amazing, but I'm concerned about the durability. I know they are not warrantied for any kind of dueling, but all I'm likely to do with it is have it sit on my desk, pick it up and spin it around sometimes, and occasionally I may play with my son (4 yr old) who already has his own Hasbro plastic saber. While I've been told that they can withstand very light contact, I watched the reveal video for this saber and when opened I could see a slight wobble around where the two parts come together. I was hoping someone here has one of these and could give me some insight into what I could expect with a crystal reveal?

Secondly, I can't settle on a color. I'm going to probably go with a Hero tier since quick connects aren't an option on the thin neck sabers, and put in a green and a blue LED. My problem is I don't know which blue to use. The main color I'm actually after is a light/pale blue similar to something like Luke's from episode IV when he first turns on his saber, or if anyone has played SWTOR the cyan colored blades in the game. I was originally thinking cyan was the way to go, but after e-mailing the guys at Saberforge they told me arctic blue is closer to Luke's saber. I know there is a color chart here, but it's kind of difficult for me to see the differences in those pictures since they only show the blade near the hilt and arctic blue and cyan are somewhat similar to begin with. Does anyone have any pictures/videos of either of these colors that show off the full blade? Or even have some suggestions as to what they personally think might be closer to Lukes or the cyan in SWTOR?
The topic has been locked.

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9818

• Subzerø Dawnbreaker
  • Thank you received: 9
I know Shameem has a cyan 5W SaberForge LED in his converted MR RotS Anakin Skywalker. You can find his review on YouTube.
As for Arctic Blue, all I know is they mix two Royal Blue dies and two Green dies for that color. It's kinda like a more blueish mix, where you catch just a hint of the green hue.
If you choose Blue/Green, you'll get a brighter lit cyan blade than the one showcased in Shameem's video. The color is the same, and is like the one in SWTOR.

Edit: Forgot to mention, there's also a YouTube video by SaberForge showcasing their 12W Colors, and how they're mixed.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Subzerø Dawnbreaker.

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9819

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 810
I was looking for the same color when I ordered my Exhalted, so I ordered it in Arctic Blue. Unfortunately, while I had enough faith in their assertion that shade was the one I wanted to order it that way, it is still weeks away from delivery, so I cannot attest to it personally.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9821

• Subzerø Dawnbreaker
Looking at the video I mentioned by SF, the Arctic Blue looks definitely closer to the ANH color. The Cyan is more greenish than the Arctic Blue. If we're comparing SWTOR colors, Cyan by SF is like the Blue Outlined crystal you get from the Cartel Packs, whereas the Arctic Blue shares likeness with the Light-Blue/Cyan.

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9824

• Espiem
Yeah, I've seen that video as well, but with the white background I'm still having a rough time seeing big differences. The arctic blue in that video looks almost exactly like light blue to me (though that could certainly be my monitor or eyes I suppose) where as the cyan actually looks like a different shade of blue. Was hoping to get some shots of some of them in the dark.

I did see that video with the 5W cyan, I wasn't able to find any videos of someone with an arctic though for comparison.

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9825

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Subzerø Dawnbreaker wrote:
Looking at the video I mentioned by SF, the Arctic Blue looks definitely closer to the ANH color. The Cyan is more greenish than the Arctic Blue. If we're comparing SWTOR colors, Cyan by SF is like the Blue Outlined crystal you get from the Cartel Packs, whereas the Arctic Blue shares likeness with the Light-Blue/Cyan.

I agree SF's Arctic Blue looks the closet to Luke's ANH lightsaber...especially with 12w it really looks great. My opinion is all based on videos but I'd go with artic blue if I was choosing something to match Luke's ANH saber color.

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9883

• Espiem
Thanks for all the help guys, I think I'm close to a final decision. I'm definitely decided on a Hero tier regular Exhalted.

As for color I'm leaning towards Arctic Blue after everyone's feedback, so I'm thinking Green for the first color and some shade of Blue for the second. In the video he mentions that Arctic is made with 2 Green dyes and 2 Royal Blue dyes, while Cyan is made with 2 Green dyes and 2 Blue dyes. So, since Medium Blue is a mix of 2 Royal Blue and 2 Blue, if I chose Green for my first color and Medium Blue for my second, does that mean the combined would be something in between Cyan and Arctic?

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9912

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Just to throw my two cents in here, Cyan on the bottom, Arctic Blue on the top.

"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by DarthMario95.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyran Azor, FailedJedi

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9915

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 810
Personally, I don't see how you could go wrong, as they are both awesome colors!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Trying to make final decisions on first saber 1 year 4 months ago #9917

• JShelar
Im still waiting on my hero Gladius, but I ordered royal blue and green. Its supposed to make arctic blue. I will know for sure in a few weeks. 10 weeks down. Almost there.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• [SOLD] Avenger (2nd ed, C... (5 Posts)
    • SOLD! [image]...
    • [SOLD] Avenger (2nd ed, C... (5 Posts)
    • Saber is now ON HOLD pending PayPal verification!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4498
  • Latest Member: ChrisGilbert
  • Total Posts: 46.7k
  • Total Topics: 3413
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 109
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 52